wine/liquor question

We/ve never had any problem embarking with wine and liquor on every cruise we've taken. When we received our Navigator boarding passess it was stated that no alcohol could be brought on board. Maybe we overlooked this policy on past boarding tickets. We have sailed on Costa, Carnival, Princess, RCC, (5yrs. ago) and Celebrity and have never had a probelm. We sailed Celebrity last year and walked on with bottles of booze and 2 cases of wine and nothing was said. We have a group of 12 sailing on the Navigator and all are wine drinkers. We can easily do 3-4 bottles each night at dinner and have planned on bringing 2 cases of our favorites on board. If there is a no alcohol to be brought on board policy why the corking fee? Will we have a problem? Should we pack the wine in suitcases instead of just carrying it on (which we always have done)? Haven't been on RCC in 5 years. Speaking of corkage fees' when we were on the Caribbean Princess we had our cabin steward send 2 bottles of wine to dining room every morning. We let him know as well as the wine steard that we would take care of them separately. Once this was established the wine steward said to forget about the corkage fee. Has anyone had a similar experience on RCC?

Speaking of corkage fees' when we were on the Caribbean Princess we had our cabin steward send 2 bottles of wine to dining room every morning.

Wine in the morning, with breakfast, I assume? COOL! I bet it helps the eggs go down!

I was thinking about us sneaking at least two bottles of wine onboard and making arrangements at Portofino's for a couple of meals.

Royal Caribbean "permits" each adult to bring up to two bottles of wine that are not on the wine list. If you just brazenly walk up to the cruise terminal with cases of wine, they will probably feel challenged and will definitely "store it for you until the cruise is over". Pack your bottles very carefully in two layers of bubble wrap and in extra large ziploc bags and put them in your luggage. I have done this in both checked and carried on bags.

RC has only recently begun broadcasting this "absolutely no alcohol" rule. And yes, they still have the $12 corkage fee in the dining room. :)

Archived