EOS sold out for 2007 cruise

Can this be? I recently found the cruise I "think" I would LOVE. Am a little concerned about the roughness of the waters out of New Jersey though.

When I called RCCL for prices they said all balcony cabins for 4 people were SOLD OUT!!! I either have to get a suite or 2 balcony cabins for 2. I am talking August 2007! do these cruises really sell out that fast?

So if I get 2 balcony cabins the price would be $2,456.96 per cabin.

Do RCCL cabins usually sell for $1,200 per person? Am curious if that is the beginning price and will the price go down.

Thanks

Mjasp

Can this be? I recently found the cruise I "think" I would LOVE. Am a little concerned about the roughness of the waters out of New Jersey though.

When I called RCCL for prices they said all balcony cabins for 4 people were SOLD OUT!!! I either have to get a suite or 2 balcony cabins for 2. I am talking August 2007! do these cruises really sell out that fast?

So if I get 2 balcony cabins the price would be $2,456.96 per cabin.

Do RCCL cabins usually sell for $1,200 per person? Am curious if that is the beginning price and will the price go down.

Thanks

Mjasp

You are cruising in a very high demand time of the yr. That is what it costs when school is out.

Let's see a cruise during the summer out of the northeast, not surprised that the balcony cabins that hold 4 are already sold out. Or that the price is so high. Summer is absolutely the most popular time for families to cruise, and when you add in a port where families don't have to fly to, then it is even more popular.

What I can suggest though is keep checking back to see if a cabin for 4 comes open. Also if the price goes down before final payment you can get the lower price, many times you can get the lower price even after final payment.

One other thing, did you consider doing a balcony with an inside cabin across the hall to help reduce costs?

One other thing, did you consider doing a balcony with an inside cabin across the hall to help reduce costs?

Interesting, I did mention it a while ago and my husband wasn't comfortable with it, felt the kids were still too young, I don't think so though they will be 15 and 11. I may have to check that out.

Thanks

Isn't this a 9 day cruise? If you are comparing cruise fare to past experiences, make sure that you are taking that into account. $1200 a person for nine days comes out to $133 per day per person.

I, too, am not surprised that the quad balconies are gone. There is a chance that there will be some available just before the final payment date, when some of those people decide not to go.

There is one other avenue for you.

If a travel agent has a block of cabins, they are not "in Royal Caribbean's inventory" and they can't sell them to you.

Try shopping at some of the larger internet cruise agencies. Those cabins may be just sitting there.

:)

Isn't this a 9 day cruise? If you are comparing cruise fare to past experiences, make sure that you are taking that into account. $1200 a person for nine days comes out to $133 per day per person.

Yes it is a 9 day cruise, I am not complaining that the price is high (sorry if I came off that way), it is just that I AM shocked that a cruise that is over a year and a half away is sold out of 4 people capacity balcony cabins.

I honestly thought that with only Disney cruise Line did you have to book so far out. I guess it is because it is an East coast cruise.

Mjasp

am not surprised that "prime cabins" are not available for quads.

The price won't go down, it will only go up, but if you're "willing" next year 2-3 months prior to sailing RCCL "may" (they did this year) offer guarantees on each cabin that comes out to be 1/2 price of their list. It's worth it if you're willing.

Carolyn

Yes it is a 9 day cruise, I am not complaining that the price is high (sorry if I came off that way), it is just that I AM shocked that a cruise that is over a year and a half away is sold out of 4 people capacity balcony cabins.

I honestly thought that with only Disney cruise Line did you have to book so far out. I guess it is because it is an East coast cruise.

Mjasp

It's very possible, the December 23, 2007 holiday cruise on Explorer is selling fast. As of today the Grand Suites were waitlist only. It's selling so fast my family and I have a wager on when it will actually sell out. And, yes, we're booked on this sailing. I don't think the cruise lines were aware of the demand for decent ships with good itineraries out the Northeast, however, on the bright side, maybe they'll move more ships up this way full time. We can only hope!

Nick

I booked the Explorer for Aug. 2007 one day after they opened up and I'm glad I did. Some of the prices for the E-1's and D-1's were actually less than I'm paying for this Aug. on the same ship. I ended up getting a Grand Suite for a little more than I'm paying for my hump cabin this Aug. Seems you have to move fast!

Archived