Freedom Docking in Cozumel

We are travelling on the Freedom on the July 2nd Cruise. Does anyone know if the Freedom will be able to dock in Cozumel? On RCCL's website it is listed as a tender port. I know there are limited docking facilities there now.

I was reading on one of the Cozumel websites that they plan (hope) to have docking space for 4 ships per day by October. I'm booked on FOS in November and I sure would rather dock than tender.

My Freedom cruise on Oct 1 says that we are docking. So if yours days tender, then I would assume that is what it is. I don't think the piers will be ready by July. We will have to wait and see what happends this hurricane season. We may be tendering too!

I heard or read somewhere that RCI expects that they will have to use tenders for the Freedom in Cozumel for about eight weeks but that after that the repairs to the piers should be such that they will be able to dock. We were just on the Sapphire Princess and had to tender into Cabo San Lucas. Despite horror stories that I had heard about Princess tendering operation, it was quick and very efficient and presented no delays or difficulties. I expect that RCI will be able to do the same in Labadee and, if still necessary in October, in Cozumel.:)

After Wilma, my Sept 17th cruise showed we were tendering into Cozumel. In a recent change though, RCCL is now showing the my cruise as docked. So unless another hurricane wipes out the pier, I'm planning on being docked in Cozumel.:)

I LOVE tendering....call me crazy.

Tracy

I do to. I like being able to take a pictures of the ship while it is still at sea (not docked). I have never had a problem with tender lines and I don't expect to have one on Freedom.

FOS supposedly will have 5 tenders to the Voyager class's 4 tenders. This should allow traffic to flow without problem. I've been on Voyager class 6 times and never have had a problem, either leaving the ship or returning. I have also read both that Cozumel will be tendered and also docked. I seem to remember that the most reliable source (it seems) said that at least our August cruise will be docked. I guess we''ll all wait and be surprized.........!!!

I do to. I like being able to take a pictures of the ship while it is still at sea (not docked). I have never had a problem with tender lines and I don't expect to have one on Freedom.

I have a beautiful picture of the Brilliance from tendering at Gatun Lake in the Panama Canal. It is breathtaking.

if your september 17th cruise says youre docking..there is a chance my september 10th cruise may change from tender to docking???

i love cozumel and have been there 2 times. but i do not want to tender there.....i am showing tender in labadee and cozumel and was counting on just tendering to labadee....i have never cruised with RCI before and have only been on Carnival...but they're tendering is AWFUL!!!! The lines are ridiculous. After reading some i hope that RCI's tendering process is much better than Carnival's....

if your september 17th cruise says youre docking..there is a chance my september 10th cruise may change from tender to docking???

i love cozumel and have been there 2 times. but i do not want to tender there.....i am showing tender in labadee and cozumel and was counting on just tendering to labadee....i have never cruised with RCI before and have only been on Carnival...but they're tendering is AWFUL!!!! The lines are ridiculous. After reading some i hope that RCI's tendering process is much better than Carnival's....

My Sept. 3, 2006 FOS cruise says we're docking in Cozumel.

Hi there - can you explain tendering to me. We only had 1 tender experience that we stayed on the ship for. Do you need to climb down a ladder or something to get to the boats? Thanks, Peggy Norwood MA

Hi there - can you explain tendering to me. We only had 1 tender experience that we stayed on the ship for. Do you need to climb down a ladder or something to get to the boats?

I wish! :)

They have ramps and platforms and crew there to assist you. It really is very easy. Naturally, there are exceptions...as in harsh weather conditions that may spring up out of nowhere, but generally tendering is a very easy process.

Tracy

Last September went on the Carnival Miracle and we were on the opposite side of Cozumel...(I guess there are two sides) One side has Senor Frogs, Carlo's and Charlies, and the other side we had Fat Tuesday's? We pulled in on the Fat Tuesday's side? Does anyone know what side the Freedom will be pulling into?

Archived