Is there a young crowd on the Sovereign?

Hi, I would like to know if there is a young crowd on this ship. I'll be 28 when I go on this cruise in Sept. Is this a ship that normally attracts ppl over the age of 50 mostly? Are there ppl in the late 20's or 30's range? Thanks for any responses.:rolleyes:

Generally speaking, the longer the cruise, the older the passenger base. Conversely, a short cruise over a weekend will tend to attract younger people that are just looking to get away for a few days and party.

My wife and I (we're in our 40's) were on the Sovereign last October, and we noticed a lot of young adults aboard. In fact, at dinner our table-mates included two young single women.

Actually, as I recall, it was pretty well-mixed with families, singles, grown-ups, etc. etc.

It was fun...though I don't remember a whole lot about the cruise because the day after we got home, my mother-in-law passed away, so we had to unpack, repack, and leave for the funeral (a cross-country trip), which obliterated most of our short-term memories of the ship.

Let's see...cabin was kinda small; my wife won a couple of hundred bucks at bingo; I ate too much; Coco Cay was great...and I remember that in Nassau, I walked off the ship with a water bottle and while in town filled it with rum, which I then smuggled back aboard ship, making my Cokes taste a lot better for the remainder of the trip.

My wife and I (we're in our 40's) were on the Sovereign last October, and we noticed a lot of young adults aboard. In fact, at dinner our table-mates included two young single women.

Actually, as I recall, it was pretty well-mixed with families, singles, grown-ups, etc. etc.

It was fun...though I don't remember a whole lot about the cruise because the day after we got home, my mother-in-law passed away, so we had to unpack, repack, and leave for the funeral (a cross-country trip), which obliterated most of our short-term memories of the ship.

Let's see...cabin was kinda small; my wife won a couple of hundred bucks at bingo; I ate too much; Coco Cay was great...and I remember that in Nassau, I walked off the ship with a water bottle and while in town filled it with rum, which I then smuggled back aboard ship, making my Cokes taste a lot better for the remainder of the trip.

lol, funny. Thanks for everyone's responses. I don't mind being around ppl older then me jus don't want the whole ship to be older then me no what I'm saying, lol. cool.

My husband and I are both 28. We went on the Sovereign back in April. I thought there was a nice mix of families, couples, and singles. On our trip there were several bands on board; so I am sure that the average age was pretty young. We had a great time and didn't feel out of place at all.

Archived