Where do you do your laundry???

I will be on Majesty of the Seas in June. I just found out that there are no self-service laundry rooms on board (unlike Disney Wonder)! :( To double it up, the hotel I'll be staying in (Radisson) for 4 nights post-cruise only offers their full-serve laundry service $$$!:eek: With two kids, seven days in Miami, swimming everyday, hot June.... Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Purchase a long rope and nylon mesh bag and hang it over the edge of your balcony overnight. It may seem a little salty in the morning, but definitly will be well rinsed.

Tacky. :D

The prices to have them do your laundry onboard the ship is as cheap as I have ever seen it. If you need a few things cleaned, it is well worth it. Who wants to do laundry on vacation anyway?

The prices to have them do your laundry onboard the ship is as cheap as I have ever seen it. If you need a few things cleaned, it is well worth it. Who wants to do laundry on vacation anyway?

I agree with this. The prices on the ship are very reasonable.

My first thought was: I do my laundry when I get home from my trip. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking.. I cannot imagine NEEDING to do laundry for only 7 days, but if it is REALLY necessary send it out on the ship, it will not be expensive. If you think it IS too expensive, then find a laundromat when you get to port after the cruise. You can pack fairly light and never need to do laundry. Clothes can be worn more than once, and bringing tops to mix and match with bottoms will create several "different outfits". Don't need to pack new clothes for everyday (except of course socks and underwear!)

Happy cruising!

M & M I feel your pain as the mother of 4 LAUNDRY is a nessary psrt of Vacation. We always got a cabin on deck 7 and not 8 on the WONDER:D because that was where the laundry room was , well good luck with that I would start a laundry jar and just save enough money to let Ship take our laundry and take a real BREAK from the L word. Good luck ENJOY!! Polarismom;)

I wouldn't even bother with laundry for a seven day vacation. I would just pack extra clothing and handwash swimsuits.

If it's absolutely necessary to do laundry, then a trip to the nearest coin laundrymat in Miami after returning from your cruise would probably be the most affordable option.

We've done several 2 week trips with the kids and have avoided doing laundry every time. All you're going to need for the daytime are swim suits with some type of cover-up.Rinse out undrwear in the sink if needed. If the kids mess up their dinner clothes, send them to the laundry onboard. if not, no one's going to say anything if they wear the same thing twice.

Maybe I'm selfish, but it's my vacation, too, and I don't want to spend it doing laundry.

Just back from a 5 day on Vision (the repositioning cruise) with 2 days in LA on one side and 2 days in Vancouver in the other.

In order to cut down on our packing we decided to send a couple of things to the laundry on ship. It was $16. I think we sent a couple of pairs of pants and shorts and a 2 cotton t-shirts.

We like to pack light and wear our clothes more than once, but needed a few more "bottoms" to get us through the 9 days. Plus, it was a little cooler than we expected, so we ended up wearing more pants than shorts.

On another trip through Ireland my mom and I stopped at a laundry during one of our stops and dropped off our laundry for the "fluff and fold service" (where they wash, dry, and fold it for you). We picked it up that evening. It was under $20 and saved us from having to spend our precious vacation time doing laundry as well as having to get detergent and softner and quarters... yadda yadda. Well worth the extra few dollars (and I don't think it was even that much more in the long run).

We had a few things washed onboard on the last cruise and it was fine. Not expensive and they did a good job. I would not give them anything delicate, but for my cottons it was fine.

This is what I plan on doing. I'm not going to sweat $20 or $30 on having a little laundry done on board, I'll just have them do a little for us. I'm also going to bring a small bottle of Woolite for doing bras in the bathroom sink. (me + 2 teenage daughters)

My husband actually made the comment last night to maybe have them do all of our laundry toward the end of our trip. Everything would be clean and perfectly folded, which would make for easier packing. I'll have to check the prices though - THAT could get expensive!

Oh, go on pay for someone else to do it. Why is everyone afraid of "Outsourcing?"

We used the service on the Mariner and it was great! They did a better job than the place at home! It's great for when your nice shirts get all wrinkled from the suitcase.

Laundry is a dirty word and has no place on a cruise ship.

My first thought was: I do my laundry when I get home from my trip. ;)

That is exactly what I ended up doing 4 loads of laundry when I got home from my cruise. It was a lot to carry around but it saved us a load of $$ We had 4 pieces of big luggage and 2 small ones and it was just enough for 7 days. Anyway I like doing laundry and if they had self serve on the ship I would have done it while the DW was napping.

I will be on Majesty of the Seas in June. I just found out that there are no self-service laundry rooms on board (unlike Disney Wonder)! :( To double it up, the hotel I'll be staying in (Radisson) for 4 nights post-cruise only offers their full-serve laundry service $$$!:eek: With two kids, seven days in Miami, swimming everyday, hot June.... Any suggestions?

Thanks.

For your family's convenience, next cruise you should go back to Disney or try Princess. Good Luck!

hi everyone..

i checked on the rci website and it looked pretty expensive to to laundry on board..it was priced by piece...wow..does anyone know if they charge by "bulk" and maybe do a bag of underwear, etc??

No, they do not offer any specials.

###

I will be on Majesty of the Seas in June. I just found out that there are no self-service laundry rooms on board (unlike Disney Wonder)! :( To double it up, the hotel I'll be staying in (Radisson) for 4 nights post-cruise only offers their full-serve laundry service $$$!:eek: With two kids, seven days in Miami, swimming everyday, hot June.... Any suggestions? Thanks.

We bring a small bottle of detergent and bring all our laundry up to the hot tub at night and dump it in. Turn those jets on and everything is clean as a whistle in few minutes. We then bring it forward to the helipad and hang it up to dry in the breeze...:eek:

We may use the laundry service for durable items, but not for any delicate things. I have a lot of clothes that don't go into the dryer, and the ship's service won't accomodate that (nor would I expect them to), so they either get rinsed in the sink or I wear them twice w/o washing. As long as I haven't spilled or sweated heavily, they're fine to wear again.

Dry cleaning prices on an RCI ship are less expensive than our local cleaner, so I'm happy to send those items out!

Archived