The Official HMC Turquoise Cabana Thread

SarahQ

That is a new color, and I havent been able to find out its location eeeks!

Hi Ziggy,

When we were in the pink cabana in January 06, they were constructing a new cabana right next to us. Facing the water it was to our left.

I wonder if that is the new Peach cabana?

Kathy

............I was starting to feel like the only good cabana must be the turquoise if it rates its own thread and all this excitment. ..................

Karen

Karen, it's not that the turquoise is any better than others (althought it is pretty close to the food an the rest rooms;) ). The only reason this thread got started was that on a thread awhile back lots of people happened to pop up who had booked the turquoise cabana. I said they should start a thread about it and get some sort of chain going.

And so this thread was born:) . So there could really be a thread about any color cabana. The Turquoise just happens to be near and dear to those of us (like Ziggy) who have rented it before.

Hi Ziggy,

When we were in the pink cabana in January 06, they were constructing a new cabana right next to us. Facing the water it was to our left.

I wonder if that is the new Peach cabana?

Kathy

It's possible :) Wont be sure until someone reports it or I see it on our cruise :) 10/29/06

Debbie:

THANKS SOOOOO MUCH. I was starting to feel like the only good cabana must be the turquoise if it rates its own thread and all this excitment. At least I know who is in the cabana next to us. Has anyone ever added on the Butler Service? Is it worth it since these are so close to everything?

Karen

Hi Karen,

I just posted a reply to you on the roll call site. Glad you got the blue Cabana (Hi, neighbor). We chose the Turquoise for its location. We didn't do the butler service as we're so close to everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for my Cabana Neighbor. We have the Blue Cabana (next door) for the DEC 17 2006 Westerdam sailing. Lin (Watchdiva) got ME hooked on Turq Cabana (Is that Lin & John in the Peach Cabana photo?) but alas it was not to be and taken for 12/17. We are at HMC 12/18. I was wondering who I might be arm wrestling for the hammock between the turq and blue cabanas... Loving the Thread!

Here's what we have so far - getting very close to our first visitor!!!!

Jes2245 – October 23, 2006

Djallar – October 30, 2006

Ziggy7 – November 4, 2006

Jmastron – November 6, 2006

Pennywise – November 24, 2006

Debi D – December 2, 2006

Lggfly – December 12, 2006

SarahQ - December 16, 2006

Frogs & LAMb - December 22, 2006

Aggie/1/ca - January 3, 2007

Duckman715 – January 5, 2007

Jodster – January 8, 2007

Ohionan26 – January 14, 2007

Shonuf - January 19, 2007

Lvteks – January 23, 2007

Jerseygirl3 – January 29, 2007

CruisinCanucks – February 2, 2007

SheShefran – February 26, 2007

Twinkletoes4445 - February 9, 2007

TerriRN – April 2, 2007

Clamshell near the Turquoise Cabana:

Ika1012 – Dec. 12You'll have to say 'hi' to Lggfly!

HeatherInFlorida – Waving to the Turquoise occupants on December 11, 2006

• 2 weeks later...

The bottle of Virgin Islands Rum I promised to bury at HMC is resting peacefully in my cabin. We arrive at HMC tomorrow morning and the rum will be "hidden" by the left rear support facing the cabana from the beach. Best of luck to all hunt for this treasure! (By the way, this is the best cruise we have ever been on; everything is great!) More later-

The bottle of Virgin Islands Rum I promised to bury at HMC is resting peacefully in my cabin. We arrive at HMC tomorrow morning and the rum will be "hidden" by the left rear support facing the cabana from the beach. Best of luck to all hunt for this treasure! (By the way, this is the best cruise we have ever been on; everything is great!) More later-

jes2245 - Glad to hear the trip be a good one, for ye be worthy o' shippin' on any man's crew. 'Tis proud to to know ye we are. AAARRGG

I checked Cruisecal.com and it shows those "scurvy dogs" from the Elation will be at HMC the day before I get there on the Maasdam.:eek:

I hope no treasure stealing bilge rat finds the stash...:mad:

We have the Turquoise Cabana booked for Jan.01,2007. Also have the Sky Blue booked for Dec. 30,2006 as we are doing back to back on the Westerdam. We tried to get the Turquoise one both times but no such luck!! Hope it doesn't list to one side after everyone looks for the rum. Take good care of it.

We have the Turquoise Cabana booked for Jan.01,2007. Also have the Sky Blue booked for Dec. 30,2006 as we are doing back to back on the Westerdam. We tried to get the Turquoise one both times but no such luck!! Hope it doesn't list to one side after everyone looks for the rum. Take good care of it.

You can add me to the list. Sorry cruisergal, I grabbed it for Dec. 30.

Dave

I checked Cruisecal.com and it shows those "scurvy dogs" from the Elation will be at HMC the day before I get there on the Maasdam.:eek:

I hope no treasure stealing bilge rat finds the stash...:mad:

I agree Dave! if you dont find it, I will try the following week :)

I have my treasure to burry safely packed already :)

:D To Cathryn 58:

We snagged your cabana early. Last year we had the light blue. My husband, 15 year old son, and myself are from Ocala, FL. My parents (79 and 80 years old) are joining us again this year. Last year we were on the Westerdam and went on the cruise that took us East. This year we are going West. We were on Half Moon Cay last year on Christmas Day and it rained most of the day.

If there is a hammock between us we can take turns.:) We look forward to meeting you!

Kim

Okay, a bottle of Virgin Islands Rum is now buried (and thus becomes "treasure") alongside our favorite cabana. We had a great day at HMC; flat seas, crystal clear waters and our favorite libations, too. Although the Westerdam was there too, we had a blast!

I hope whoever finds this "booty" will replace it with something else for future sailors to find. Happy cruising!!!

Happy to see "our" turquoise cabana has gotten off to a roaring start! Good job, Jes!:)

I promise if no one is in the cabana when I walk by on December 11th, I won't dig anything up!!! We're alone at HMC on the Prinsendam that day and I have no idea if anyone has booked it. If they have, they've not visited our Roll Call.

Let's hope Jes' treasure stays there until next Monday when Djaller visits!

(and I hope Carnival doesn't lurk here;) )

Update as originally posted by Frogs:

Jes2245 – October 23, 2006 **** Buried Treasure.... waiting on Djallar!

Djallar – October 30, 2006

Ziggy7 – November 4, 2006

Jmastron – November 6, 2006

Pennywise – November 24, 2006

Debi D – December 2, 2006

Lggfly – December 12, 2006

SarahQ - December 16, 2006

Frogs & LAMb - December 22, 2006

Txcanuck - December 30, 2006

Aggie/1/ca - January 3, 2007

Duckman715 – January 5, 2007

Jodster – January 8, 2007

Ohionan26 – January 14, 2007

Shonuf - January 19, 2007

Lvteks – January 23, 2007

Jerseygirl3 – January 29, 2007

CruisinCanucks – February 2, 2007

SheShefran – February 26, 2007

Twinkletoes4445 - February 9, 2007

TerriRN – April 2, 2007

Clamshell near the Turquoise Cabana:

Ika1012 – Dec. 12You'll have to say 'hi' to Lggfly!

HeatherInFlorida – Waving to the Turquoise occupants on December 11, 2006

OOoooh! How fun, Ziggy! It reminds me of the clues for finding the hidden immunity idol on Survivor!!

Y'all can count me in on this deal! I don't post much but I read this board every day. My mom, sister and I have upgraded to the butler package (la-di-dah for us!) and will be visiting the Turquiose Cabana on Jan. 3, 2007. We are almost beside ourselves w/excitement-- this is the first cruise for any of us!

Note to Ziggy-- Helllloooo to a fellow Orange Countian! I'm in Northern OC-- how about you?

aggie/1/ca

OOOOOH! How fun, Ziggy! This reminds me of the clues to find the hidden immunity idol on Survivor! BTW--- I'm an Orange Countian, too-- I live in Northern OC-- how about you?

Y'all can count me in on this deal! I don't often post but I read this board every day. My mom, sister and I will be visiting the turquoise cabana (for which we've also gotten the butler package!!) on Jan. 3. We are sooooo excited-- it's the first cruise for any of us!

I'll look forward to the replies-- this is such a fun thread!

aggie/1/ca

OOoooh! How fun, Ziggy! It reminds me of the clues for finding the hidden immunity idol on Survivor!!

Y'all can count me in on this deal! I don't post much but I read this board every day. My mom, sister and I have upgraded to the butler package (la-di-dah for us!) and will be visiting the Turquiose Cabana on Jan. 3, 2007. We are almost beside ourselves w/excitement-- this is the first cruise for any of us!

Note to Ziggy-- Helllloooo to a fellow Orange Countian! I'm in Northern OC-- how about you?

aggie/1/ca

Just remember the code o' the crossbones Lassie and if ye be taken treasure then treasure ye best be leavin if'n ye don't want to feel the teeth o' the Kraken. Tis grog & dubloons and perhaps a few other things of value as well, we'll be stashing fer them what comes after our visit Jan 5. (we hear tell there be games o' chance aboard the ships what sail these waters and these dubloons be what they seek)