Alarm Clocks

No....there are no alarm clocks, but they have a very good wake-up call system on their phones just like hotels. I usually take a digital clock with me that has big illuminated numbers on it so that I know what time it is during the night when I wake up. But the wake-up call system is very good.

For the deaf and hard of hearing there are alarm clocks available. RCCL uses the alertmaster system which includes an alarm clock, smoke detector, sound detector with flashing light and bed shaker. The accessability kit also includes a TTY.

There is a small digital clock read-out on the phone, so at least you can tell what time it is! If you go through any time changes while at sea, the clock automatically re-sets itself, so you don't have to worry about it. Since we were on vacation, we never needed a wake-up call, except for our day of return to port. Then, we just set the alarm on our cell phone.

Just off Mariner (and many other ships), bring alarm clock. Or, as I say, a clock to plug in and you can see what time it is and not have to go over and look at the telephone.

Dave

I just got back and we used the phone system. There is a button that specifically says wake up call... just push it, dial in the time you want and hang up.....SIMPLE. However you do put things in military time so 624am is 0645 and like 10pm (we actually set the alarm for this time to get up for a parade) would be 2200.

Have fun!

~Jen

for cruising, we bought a am-fm clock radio with cd player. it's not too big and it acts as a nite lite also. nice to have soft music when napping or retiring for the evening or when awoken by noise during the nite. it stays by the bed at home when not cruising.

Hi, I would highly suggest you bring your own clock. I must also say that this will be my first RCCL (Friday and I am soooo excited) However from my past experience with Carnival and NCL there was only one ((small)) little clock which in the middle of the night was nearly impossible to see..

The best is that we had a penthouse suite!! My daughter had your own bedroom and bathroom so you would think that a clock would not be too much to ask for..lol :D This time I am bringing mine from home, just to be on the safe side.. ;)

I just set my cell phone to ship's time and use the alarm on there. I actually enjoy not having to look at a clock while on vacation, and if I really want to know, the cell phone, when opened, is nice and bright for me to see the time. No need to waste room in my suitcase with another useless gadget...

We brought an alarm clock with us which worked quite well. Also used room service (coffee, rolls, etc) put the note out the night before and they call (usually) approx 15 minutes before they show up - works well for a wake up call and can get coffee at the same time. Jan

Archived