***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

A flash promotion is when they will encite the cruise and reduce the pricing week by week until the ship sells out. Happens sometimes when bookings are soft or a lot of people cancel before final payment. These Flash promos can happen anywhere from 120-30 priors to sailing and can be pulled at anytime.I sent you that info you requested.Tony

For all you Elite cruisers, did you know once you have attained 20+ cruises you get an additional $25.00 onboard credit that is issued onboard? Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Thanks for that information Tony - I had no idea what the 'extra' $25 OBC (per cabin NOT pp) was for and I have been receiving it for a while now...but never asked....

On the Diamond Cruise - both Lyman & I received an extra $50 :p .......So there was an extra Total of $125 on our folio. The extra $125 came in handy for the Infirmary Bill!!!:rolleyes:

I have NO Idea what the $50 pp OBC was for??

(It was our 31 cruise - we were scheduled to be at the special 'Most Traveled Luncheon' (of course we were 'disembarked' before we could attend) and I have no idea of who was at the luncheon??? Or where on the 'pecking' order we were to be seated???

Hope you enjoyed Vlad.... We docked there from the Sapphire dock last May. I thought it was a very interesting Port - In the AM we did the "Meet a family at their Home" Tour --- after we walked all over by ourselves (A local 'attached' himself to us and gave us a running commentary) Did you see the house where Yul Brynner was born ??

I'm enjoying your Posts.........Regards, Renee

Thanks for stopping in Renee...we dock actually tomorrow morning at 5:30am...I have never been to Vladisvostok before...first time so if you ahve any other pointers to share I am all ears.As to the additional OBC....I missed it all on my 20 and 21 cruise recently on the Regal while you were on your DUSTS cruise....now I know to look for it...maybe the addiitonal was an amenity point OBC that came along with booking with "K"??? ...just a thought.....Anita (Captain Circle) is going to be taking a lot of my drycleaning ashore for me in Shanghai on my overnight to get them trully dry cleaned and they will be picking up the tab as well....amazing what happens after you pass the 20+ cruise mark! Another new thing I learned about this ship there IS NO DRY CLEANING SERVICE ONBOARD and they never converted it over to it when they took over the ship....amazing I didn't know that either about this ship!...did you?Tony

Connie I sent you an email a couple of days ago? Also I had one Love Boat Dream for you the other night!.....heheheeeGoing to the "Office" later today!Tony

T&J,

I am interested to know how well the Pacific Princess (and her sisters, the Tahitian Princess and the new Royal Princess) weather rough seas. Does the fact that she is smaller than the Sun Class make much of a difference?

We find that the Sun Class ships do pretty well in stormy weather and we thought that the old Royal Princess was superb in high seas.

Are you midships, forward or aft?

Looking forward to hearing from you. I am really enjoying your travelogue.

Roberta

Thanks for stopping in Renee...we dock actually tomorrow morning at 5:30am...I have never been to Vladisvostok before...first time so if you have any other pointers to share I am all ears.As to the additional OBC....I missed it all on my 20 and 21 cruise recently on the Regal while you were on your DUSTS cruise....now I know to look for it...maybe the additional was an amenity point OBC that came along with booking with "K"??? ...just a thought.....Anita (Captain Circle) is going to be taking a lot of my drycleaning ashore for me in Shanghai on my overnight to get them trully dry cleaned and they will be picking up the tab as well....amazing what happens after you pass the 20+ cruise mark! Another new thing I learned about this ship there IS NO DRY CLEANING SERVICE ONBOARD and they never converted it over to it when they took over the ship....amazing I didn't know that either about this ship!...did you?Tony

Memories of Vlad - :)

The Princess morning 'home' visit tour was very worthwhile. I would suggest it if you can still get on........

The huge statue of Lenin ----The Main Square with Kiosks and lots of locals (young) hanging around.... (a vendor gave me a little 'present' as I had no Kopeks left - very nice....) The Railroad Station, an interesting little museum about 'movies?", the house where Yul Brynner (sp?) was born...Our long walk along the 'waterfront - (a distance from the docks)......the old rusting subs....(Near the docks) ...A lot of vendors set up outside the Pier..... lots of school children (teens) anxious to speak English - very, very bright and all wanting to come to the US.......Crowds waving and watching the ship depart (Sapphire Princess)

ENJOY!

Wow! Interesting information about the Dry Cleaning facilities on the Pacific - This could be a big problem for 102 Days!!! :eek: (No I didn't realize this when I was onboard for 28 days - I'm pretty 'stupid' I guess.).......

Now, I usually give MOST EVERYTHING to Clean (except underwear and socks!) rather than to Wash....... ....

I find most of the Princess Laundrys AWFUL and the ironing WORSE! I don't trust them with anything 'good' - just sweats, underwear, socks, T- Shirts and stuff I don't mind changing 'color'...........your "in Port Dry Cleaning" solution sounds like a plan!!!

About the 'extra' $50 pp OBC - it wasn't from our 'K' booking -All K's credits were already in place on our 'receipt' together with supplement from applied Princess 'Promos' and Cust. Relations 'appeasements' (from previous Cruise problems) - It was a very welcome LARGE total & I didn't have enough charges to offset as we were only 8 days onboard. I took a sum in CASH just before we disembarked & paid the 3% :rolleyes:

Keep in touch..Renee

Renee...thanks for the pointers fro Vlad....I do the same with the Laundry....everything goes and I mean everything....they don't make a penny on me! But I agree that they tend to ruin good stuff, althoughthey did ruin my windbreaker on the Regal last month they did pay for a compelte replacement of my choosing in Ushuaia. They told me to go and buy what I wanted and give them the bill and they would reimburse it on my shipboard account which is what they did.

Anita at least has common sense and offered it as a service which I thought was a nice professional touch on her part. I won't abuse it with her since she is onboard for another 6 months and so am I on and off.

Renee, I have a shot at the #3 spot for most travelled pax...there is one couple onboard with 80 and then another with 23 and then me I think...that would be funny winning with only 22 cruises....

Tony

T&J,

I am interested to know how well the Pacific Princess (and her sisters, the Tahitian Princess and the new Royal Princess) weather rough seas. Does the fact that she is smaller than the Sun Class make much of a difference?

We find that the Sun Class ships do pretty well in stormy weather and we thought that the old Royal Princess was superb in high seas.

Are you midships, forward or aft?

Looking forward to hearing from you. I am really enjoying your travelogue.

Roberta

Yes they do travel very well which has been my experience. I have been on both the Pacific Princess and Tahitian Princess several times and in some rough and choppy waters and the ship is amazingly pretty stable for it's size.

I am almost mid-ship on deck 6 in a balcony cabin CAT BD and it is fine. I would just recommend that if you are on deck six I would prefer being closer to AFT as you can sometimes here the music in the Cabaret Lounge or maybe I am a very light sleeper.

Tony

Glad to report that the weather today was very nice and sunny and a little bit windy crossing the sea of Japan heading north towrads Vladisvostok. Today I attended the Vine Tasting event in the Club Restaurant. There were approx. 65 people taht attended and not all Elite pax attended. Pretty much was a nother lazy day at sea. Did some reading in the Library and took a nap god forbid this afternoon. Dinner was very good tonight and the Chef Antonio made our table a special plate of prochutto and parmasen cheese followed by some fried calamari which was cooked just right. I then had the Rizzotto which was excellent as well and some torricino ice cream and and an espresso. Went to the "office" and broke even so taht was well received tonight.

It is currently 9:10pm and the sun is still out just as if we were in the Baltic in St-Petersburg.

Tomorrow morning we arrive in Vladisvostok early at 5:30am and leave at 7:00pm. I have reservations in the Sterling Steak house with new found friends onboard.

Will write more tomorrow from Siberia.

Tony

Good morning from Vladisvostok, Russia!....It is 4:30am and we just pulled up to the dock....still dark here but the flashing neon signs and strobe lights is just so funny to see in Russia. We did get in extra early this morning as the seas last night were very calm. This morning we must collect our passports as Russian dictates we must have them on our person while ashore. Not a place I would want to loose my passport!From the distance I can see the onion heads on some buildings that have some amazing lighting on them.Will write more when I come back onboard for lunch.Tony

Tony when we were on the Dawn a week ago for 10 days we had to take our passports or photo id in to the ports with us . I am not sure whether these are new regulations. We were surprised because we only went to Mexico . We are going to see the Da Vinci Code tonight so good luck at the office if you go ! I will check my email tomorrow to hear the good news .:) :)

Tony.I appreciate your postings.

Nothing mutch on any boards about Pacific Princess.

We are sailing on a 9 day sailing Aft balcony in January 2007 ex Sydney.Im not interested in the Ports on this sailing so much but the seas days.

We were lucky to score aft 7121.Paid $1890 Aussie for it.You may think expensive but considering its a balcony and we dont have to fly anywhere or rent cars or stay in hotels,i thought it a good price.

It will be my first cruise out of 10 using a Australia TA and out of Australia.

Tony can you share your TA with me?

tony3801@bigpond.net.au

Keep up the postings.

Cheers Anthony

I was pleasantly surprised today with Vladivostok....nice city with a lot of heritage, culture, museums and shops. Went to the Versailles hotel for coffee and a pastry and walked all over the city for half the day.

There are a lot of naval ships here due to a large celebration for the Russian military....275 years into service for this port and they had a huge naval ceremony yesterday. We are now asked to be back onboard by no later than 6pm instead of 7:00pm due to a change in immigration proceedures.

Connie, we did have to bring our passports ashore to show local "friendly" immigration officers our passports before getting off the ship.

OK, going for lunch now. Be back later today.

Anthony I sent what you requested!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Heres how the world sees you today.

Pacific Princess is my favourite ship as well.I have had 50 nights on board over 3 cruises.Last year did the Bangkok to Capetown sector and included the Indian Overland tour.Anita was our Tour Host for that trip.It was awesome.

I have been following the cam since Sydney and will be watching all the way to Bangkok.Enjoy your day and the rest of the cruise..........

1591648372_21MayppVlad2.jpg.6ca9d89d77da2f3a912fc2c2de61c039.jpg

David I am also booked on that Bangkok to Capetown and Capetown to Sydney and would be interested in your views abou that cruise. I'll be 56 days on that one as well.

Anita has rejoined the ship 3 weeks ago in Sydney...she is fantastic as well as Sammi Baker the Cruise Direcor.

Tony

Great to hear that your enjoying the ship so much.

What are the Steakhouse and Sabitiins like?Alternate days?

Are there extra charges for the Pizzeria?Is Balcony Dining available?ie room service?

What about preferred seating in the Dining room and do you have any recommendations?

campingman, I am doing the Steakhouse tonight and have done it before as well as Sabatinis. Both offer above average quality meats and meals and is worth the $15.00 cover charge for The Sterling Steak House and $20.00 per person for Sabatini's.

There is no extra charge for Room Service although I tend not to use it while I am onboard. There is no Balocny Dinner available as on Grand Class ships...one the few disadvantages of being on a small ship...they are just not set up to accomodate that service.

I personally prefer early seatin at 6:00pm so that I can have a full evening and have time to digest my meal. Others prefer late seating so that they are not rushing back from a tour and having to get ready so quickly for 6:00pm and prefer the late seating at 8:15pm....Either way it boils down to a personal preference.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Tony

Tony.Thank you.

You mentioned the Pizzeria in a earlier post?Charges?Menu also includes pasta dishes?

Sorry i meant preferred Dining Table ocean view etc?How does one request a table prefference or is it allocation as is most ships.

When i sailed on the Star we had Freestlye Dinning and were able to get in early and get a very good Dining Table.

No charges for pizzaria and there are 3 different pasta dishes as well as a chicken ceasar salad and other items and six different pizzas.

As to a specific table...you can see the Maitre'd the first day while onboard if you are not satisfied with the table you are assigned. He/she will try an accomodate your request.

I currently ahve a window table at a table for six.

Tony

Tony, it is so much fun living vicariously through you. Keep up the wonderful travel notes.

Wasn't it a shock to see the neon lights in Vladivostock? We were in Moscow last summer and couldn't believe all of the neon lights. They say there are more only in Las Vegas. I guess the Russians are making up for lost time.

Roberta

Archived