***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

Renee.....the $25 Elite SBC was PP. Why did you get $50/PP? Now I'm :mad:. I wonder if #31 was the magic that did it. We're only at 24, but #25 thru 30 (as you know) are already booked.

As for shopping in Pusan, the only thing Tony will want there is a Starbucks mug. Guaranteed!

Arlene

Hey Girlfriend - I got ONLY $25 PER CABIN for Elite (for last 'I don't remember how many' cruises??) On this past Diamond Princess cruise - I got $25 (per cabin) and then another $50 pp --- Total $125 - Go figure??? :confused:

Arlene.

And we were right there with you for most of them. Hi David!

Hi Arlene and Milt. Great to cross paths again.Yes that was a great cruise and I would have been on this cruise too,except this year we are relocating and it is taking a bit longer than at first thought.Great being able to follow this cruise and the ship on Cruise Critic .

campingman

Thats probably because for some of the year she cruises out of Sydney and Australians that do cruise know little about CruiseCritic and other boards.Remember there are only 20 Million of us.

I have cruised on the ship with Princess and when it was with P&O Australia and there are small changes in the way it is operated..There is some information on the CC P&O booard if you search through there.

Tony,

Thanks for your great postings.Following you daily,(in between the computer crashing on me,and packing the house ready for a shift).Also following the bridge cam,black screen at the moment.Have a great time in Pusan.

Hi Arlene and Milt. Great to cross paths again.Yes that was a great cruise and I would have been on this cruise too,except this year we are relocating and it is taking a bit longer than at first thought.Great being able to follow this cruise and the ship on Cruise Critic .

How far is your relocation? We're moving too;building a new house one mile down the road. Still need to sell this one, so no cruising for us in 2006.

Arlene

P.S. re: Sock Hops. I thought this was 40's; way before my time. I also believe terminology was regional. I don't remember ever hearing it where I grew up (New York).

I don't know about them being regional . I am in my forties and from Toronto and I know they were popular in the 60's.

BTW guys do any of you do land vacation ? Just curious because all of you have so many cruises under your belt . I am feeling like a virgin at 4 . Tony you can stop laughing now !

OK, you are all cracking me up with this sock hop stuff!:rolleyes:

And Yes Connie you too crack me up "virgin"....I just validated and YES there is now fridges in all cabins as of last year...who knew!!!

As to the $25.00 Elite credit it is per cabin NOT per person so if we all got it in the past by accidents...let's all shut up about it before they want it back!!!!:rolleyes:

Ok, going for breakfast now and wil report back after shopping for hours here...cheapy cheap..and YES Arlene I will!

Tony

Quote"

Another thing about minis - if you can manage the $$$ aspect, get it! The difference in space between a balcony and a mini on this ship is HUGE!

We have managed to book a AFT (Stern) Balcony for our cruise in January ex Sydney 2007.

Iam on a waitlist for a Mini Suite the cost was not all that great for this particular cruise.(They are booked out)

One thing i do know is that the Balcony in our booked balcony is deeper than the Minis.

And of course the view?

I dont know what to do if one comes up?

Quote"

Another thing about minis - if you can manage the $$$ aspect, get it! The difference in space between a balcony and a mini on this ship is HUGE!

We have managed to book a AFT (Stern) Balcony for our cruise in January ex Sydney 2007.

Iam on a waitlist for a Mini Suite the cost was not all that great for this particular cruise.(They are booked out)

One thing i do know is that the Balcony in our booked balcony is deeper than the Minis.

And of course the view?

I dont know what to do if one comes up?

On a Grand Class ship I ahve been in Caribe 752 and Caribe 748 AFT BB CAT and the balcony was oversized and the views amazing. The cabin I could cope but it wasn't for 30 days but rather 12 days. On a longer sailing I would prefer a Mini but too cheap to pay for it and always book a balcony in the hopes of an upgrade to a mini suite...but harder to get an upgrade to a mini-suite on the Pacific Princess since there are only 60 of them...

Tony

I don't know about them being regional . I am in my forties and from Toronto and I know they were popular in the 60's.

BTW guys do any of you do land vacation ? Just curious because all of you have so many cruises under your belt . I am feeling like a virgin at 4 . Tony you can stop laughing now !

Sock hop in Toronto in the 60's, but no sock hop in NY in the 60's. I know they called them that in California, but in NY we just called them dances.

And yes, we do land vacations, albeit we've been on 49 cruises. In a lot of cases we do both cruising and land, which I refer to as "surf and turf." We did China in depth together with the Yangtze cruise, we did Russia with a waterways cruise and Greece in depth with an isles cruise. Also, Turkey, Scandinavia, Italy, France, etc. Our preference is to trek first and cruise second, though it doesn't always work out that way.

Arlene

Arlene we have done the same thing when cruising . We always go a few days earlier and stay a few days to a few weeks on the back end too. We try and pick ports that we are interested in exploring further pre and post cruise. . We try and get away 4 times a year but ususally only do 1 cruise .

T. what are you doing online you have business to attend to .:D

Yes have done alot of dancing from Country Dancing,Scottish dancing ,Ballroom Dancing,Rock&Roll a great favourite of mine:) ....but cannot remember a 'Sock Hop'...Maybe its because I didnot come to Canada till aged 34....and that was the period before I arrived.

Doug I can assure you Princess told me all cabins now have fridges on Pacific Princess:)

Hi Kruisey. . .A Sock Hop is not a specific dance. A sock hop is a term coined in the 1950s in the United States, following the growth in popularity of Rock and Roll, to refer to informal sponsored dances at American high schools, typically held on the grounds of the high school itself in the gymnasium or cafeteria.

Arlene we have done the same thing when cruising . We always go a few days earlier and stay a few days to a few weeks on the back end too. We try and pick ports that we are interested in exploring further pre and post cruise. . We try and get away 4 times a year but ususally only do 1 cruise .

T. what are you doing online you have business to attend to .:D

C...I am waiting for the FAX to arrive! Until then I can't get off the ship which could be who knows when????Tony

Hi Kruisey. . .A Sock Hop is not a specific dance. A sock hop is a term coined in the 1950s in the United States, following the growth in popularity of Rock and Roll, to refer to informal sponsored dances at American high schools, typically held on the grounds of the high school itself in the gymnasium or cafeteria.

You are correct. Shoes were removed because the leather soles marked up the Gym floor.

You are correct. Shoes were removed because the leather soles marked up the Gym floor.

To rock&Roll in ones socks........as long as its all socks and not some with shoes.....That might be a it ouchy ouchy...if one steps on someones socky toe:eek: :eek:

The weather today is 74 F with some cloud and sunny periods. I may not be able to go into Pusan on this cruise and may have to wait until the following cruise whereby we stop here again....Oh we'll sell a house or go ashore????hmmmm big decision there too make!

David How was that BKK-CPT cruise you said you were on or the CPT to SYD I am doing both this Sept 16th on the Pacific Princess.

More later you bratts!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Connie....I have to wait now because the Communications Room is closed from 12 noon until 3pm and it's 2:10pm here...Oh well I've been to Pusan last year and going to be stopping here again on the next cruise....Tony

Today was a great day in Pusan, South Korea. While onboard this afternoon we had a a great spread put on in the Panorama buffet for lunch and as well during make your own sandwich between 2:30pm and 4:30pm. A lot of people including myself did sunbath by the pool this afternoon. Dinner in the Restaurant tonight was Italian night. I had a salad and also the Grilled Swordfish followed by the Lemon Ciello....just a great and refreshing drink followed by Torronccino ice cream and tiramisu and espresso.

Went to the "Office" as well and was good.:D

Tomorrow we are at sea...so another lazy day ahead of me. I ahve also the Elite Captain's private luncheon at 11:00am in Sabatini's to attend with senior officers and 36 other Elite passengers. It is always a great spread they put on.

Will write more tomorrow.

Tony

hi tony are there any kids on the cruise and if there are have you noticed any activities for them, and do you know if there is a minimum age for using the gymn, thanks again for your reviews they are great

jackieN, there are only 3-5 kids that I have seen so far and well behaved. The gym does not have a minimum requirement that I know of other than using the free weights. I know on the following sailings there should be a little more kids because I do know they are bringing onboard a kid camp counselor and they will be converting the Card Room beside the internet cafe as the kids play centre.

Tony

thanks for that tony, not sure if thats good news or not, mine dont usually bother with the kids club but they do like to spend ALOT of time in the card room playing cards and board games, they too are well behaved and they are well travelled, if you could find any more info on what is going to be av for kids i would be very grateful. good news about the gymn though that will please my son

David How was that BKK-CPT cruise you said you were on or the CPT to SYD

Tony

You know the BKK-CPT cruise was great, 'cause we were there too. :) And of course we loved our 4 days in Cape Town post cruise.

Too bad you can't check out SB in Pusan. Next time. I'm keeping it safe here in Florida.

Arlene

Arlene.....

On the next cruise I will get off the ship in Pusan and add to "OUR" collection!

jackieN, on the next cruise on May 29th I will post what activities are going on for kids in the Kids Centre for you.

This morning and all night we had major fog. The Fog horn is being sounded every two minutes continuously as it is now and it's only 5:20AM. I slept very well last night and didn't even hear the horn once...everyone this morning looks very tired from hearing that horn. Today is another lazy sea day. I am starting to like and appreciate more and more sea days. Also at 11:00am is the private luncheon with the Captain for the most travelled Elite pax's. That is always a very nice spread they put on with great food and the best wines up in Sabatini's.

Will be going to the "Office" this afternoon as we were advised last night that our pilot will be embarking around 7:00pm tonight to make it down the river in Chniese waters as we navigate towards Shanghai and arrive tomorrow for our overnight stay in Shanghai.....SHOPPING here we come. Last year mostly everyone on the ship had to buy extra luggage.:D

So far the ships service has been outstanding and everyone has been courteous and prompt when requesting certain things. The only minor complaint I could have is that the maintenance of the Internet Cafe onboard here is not up to par as compared to other ships. The computers onboard are not being maintained on a regular basis and coupled with the Satelite Link being unreliable in thsi part of the world a lot of people are leaving this room very frustrated. They have now tried to staff this room a little more often.

OK, more later.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Just checked the web cam,the sea looks really smooth for you today.

they will be converting the Card Room beside the internet cafe as the kids play centre.

They did this on a Xmas Cruise one year (P&O Australia) when there were quite a few children on board.The walls between the card and internet room are very thin,so added to the "frustrations" of the computers on board,it tends to become a little noisy and you also have to look both ways on leaving or run the risk of being run down by a child racing into the card room.

Archived