Noordam 2007 Post-Holiday Group Cruise - Fares!!!

bepsf

Howdy All!

Just received an e-mail from LauraS w/ info on the Jan 6, '07 sailing of Noordam! (11-Night Southern Caribbean, R/T New York City)

im_cb07_CSW011.jpg

Prices - eff. April 24, 2006:

Inside (Cat J): $ 1339 pp

Oceanview (Cat D): $ 1569 pp

Balcony (Cat VD): $ 1709 pp

Balcony (Cat VC): $ 1769 pp

Balcony (Cat VA): $ 1889 pp

Suite (Cat SS): $ 2359 pp

Rates based on double occupancy and include port charges and gov't fees.

For you single travelers:

Single (Cat J): $ 2009 (also inclusive of fees, etc.)

3rd/4th passenger rates are subject to change - currently the rate is: $919 pp

Group Amenities:

Cocktail Party w/hot hors d'oeuvres (min. of 15 Passengers)

1 Pinnacle Grill Dinner for each group member.

4 bottles of wine per cabin, served at dinner.

The deposit of $ 600/pp will be due for all bookings at time of booking. Final payment will be due on or before 9/22/06.

If you're interested in other categories, traveling single, etc. please let me know and I'll pursue quotes specific to your needs from our TA.

So tell me - Is this something you want to do?

Feel free to e-mail me here:

bep_sf@yahoo.com

Brian - You are a doll! But then, you knew that. I'm going to print your post to give a copy to John. I think I'll tape it to the mirror in his bathroom. Think that will work? We are SO going to be on that boat come January.

Thanks for your hard work in getting this together. ;)

May be getting another quote later this week...

;)

I know that Scotty is planning on making this trip along w/ our friend Don (of the ill-fated Mercury cruise)

Susan - Did you pack the itinerary in John's lunch today? :D

OOH this looks like it may be do-able.

It gets back in the day before DDs are due back at college...so they can watch DS!

Where is the pier in NY? It would be great if we could park at Gina's parents up in Westchester County and take Metro-North in.

I think we might do this and cancel the Celebrity Century we have planned for February!

OOH this looks like it may be do-able.

It gets back in the day before DDs are due back at college...so they can watch DS!

Where is the pier in NY? It would be great if we could park at Gina's parents up in Westchester County and take Metro-North in.

I think we might do this and cancel the Celebrity Century we have planned for February!

K--

Noordam moors at Pier 88/90 - so it's a short cabride from Grand Central.

If you decided to go with us on this one - would this give you & Gina 25-day pins?

;)

The group cruise sounds nice but those prices have gone up quite a bit since we sailed on The Noordam in March. :eek:

I have a feeling this is going to be the case for most cruises in 2007.

4 bottles of wine per cabin, served at dinner.

Q - If the bottles of wine are served at dinner, must one pay the corkage fee? Think Lady Bird might know? OR, if one decides not to bring the wine to dinner, but instead wants to bring a bottle or 2 home, do you think it safe to put the wine out in the hallway with your luggage on the final night, to be collected the next morning on the pier? ;) :D

Brian - No, I didn't pack your post in his lunch, but I did give him a copy last night. Thanks for the idea. Maybe I should slip a copy of the itinerary everywhere he could possibly see it. :)

No "S" prices?

Already on that for you my dear...

I should have prices for the S's and my single requests by Tuesday (the TA staff took off for Freedom o/t Seas this weekend)

Q - If the bottles of wine are served at dinner, must one pay the corkage fee? Think Lady Bird might know? OR, if one decides not to bring the wine to dinner, but instead wants to bring a bottle or 2 home, do you think it safe to put the wine out in the hallway with your luggage on the final night, to be collected the next morning on the pier? ;) :D

LOL - there better not be any corkage fees for our gift wines from the TA!!!

And no - wine never ages well in corridors, cardboard boxes or luggage. Best to drink it right away!

Brian - No, I didn't pack your post in his lunch, but I did give him a copy last night. Thanks for the idea. Maybe I should slip a copy of the itinerary everywhere he could possibly see it. :)

Susan--

It's good for a healthy marriage to make your needs clear to your partner.

So I suggest maps in his underwear drawer, Peas and a Porkchop on his dinnerplate arranged like the Caribbean islands, coconut-scented candles around the house, wearing shell jewelry every day, etc...

;) :D

K--

If you decided to go with us on this one - would this give you & Gina 25-day pins?

;)

I guess that depends on how they count "days". If Mariner "days" = advertized cruise "nights", then yes!

I swore I'd "slow down" for 2007! :eek:

I may wait until after I'm on the Noordam in July before making a decision... decisions, decisions.... ;)

I only wish I could do this one. In fact, I had been tentatively planning to do it. But with the Veendam repositioning cruise in April, followed by a crossing on the QE2, I just can't swing it this time. These two cruises will about do it for me for 2007.

Sorry ... but the chance to sail the famed QE2 before she is retired from service was just too good to pass up ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

Oh, Rita ... it's ONLY 11 days! :)

We'll be VERY VERY quiet about you being aboard and you can just call in sick. :) Or ... tell your boss that you're going on a spiritual retreat. I'll sign a note for you. ;) It'll be the truth too ... God's creation is so amazing to behold from the forward observation deck of the Noordam!

Oh, Rita ... it's ONLY 11 days! :)

We'll be VERY VERY quiet about you being aboard and you can just call in sick. :) Or ... tell your boss that you're going on a spiritual retreat. I'll sign a note for you. ;) It'll be the truth too ... God's creation is so amazing to behold from the forward observation deck of the Noordam!

LOL ... I only wish that was an option, Rev ... I only wish. But right now my company is on the auction block ... so extended sick time would just not be a good idea.

But hey ... I could still read the postings about all the good times you're having onboard ... and join you at least virtually anyway. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Howdy Everyone!

I called Crucon too late this afternoon (I keep forgetting that they're Eastern time), but left a message for Neal (1-800-493-6609, or CRUCON@AOL.com) to start expecting calls to book the cruise.

I'll try him again tomorrow and hopefully we'll get some prices for some of the other categories - as you know they were all away for a long weekend on Freedom o/t Seas (the poor dears...:rolleyes:)

We should be getting our own CruiseCritic forum and group website shortly. Meanwhile, if anyone has great pix of Noordam that you'd like to share - please send to me at bep_sf@yahoo.com and perhaps we can ask her to post one on our group site?

(The person who submits the winning photo gets a free dish of BREAD PUDDING!!! :eek: ;) )

BTW - Had dinner last nite and lunch today w/ the Martin half of HenryHounds (M&M from the Inaugural) today. He's in SFO on layover, so was nice to see him again and chat about our boat trips and other silliness. Mark arrives here this Thurs evening for his layover (poor planning on BA's part...), so of course I'll get to hear the other side of things from him...;)

Only 228 days till the Noordam Post-Holiday Group Cruise!

:D

Brian, sure you know it's a no-can-do for us since we're sailing on 12/2 plus we don't do cruises out of NY in January:eek: ! My poor Florida toes just couldn't handle it;) .

However, I think those rates are great for an 11-nighter! You should all have another wonderful time and I'll look forward to hearing all about it and seeing tons of pictures:) .

Archived