NCL Corp. Reports $28.1 Million First Quarter Loss

discjoker

For those interested in the business side of NCL

http://www.modernagent.com/x/modernagent/agent/resources/editorial.cds?n=12829

Thanks for that little bit of news: I think we would rather have not read it. LOL

It is interesting that part of the loss is being attributed to the payroll on the POA ships. I wonder what is next and if we will see the passenger rates on the Hawaii intineraries sky rocket? Of course this was what hurt the old Hawaiian line; they couldn't keep competitive. The ships were old, food less than appealing and the crew was American. NMNita

From reading the link, it appears -- to no surprise --that fuel costs were the other real killer in the first quarter of 2006. Frankly, that's an issue facing the whole cruise industry, and I smell surcharges coming.:eek:

I was interested in the section where they mentioned that there were a lot of costs for the POH in the 1st quarter, well before any revenue cruises for the ship. Hopefully once the ship starts sailing with paying passengers it will help get the costs and revenues back in line. My guess, however, is that it will also have an impact on the 2nd quarter, since the first revenue cruise for the POH is still upcoming. NCLA is going to be looking at another 1/2 a quarter with costs being incurred but no revenue generated.

Probably the same people in charge of sending out Latittudes cards that are running the finance department. (many of us have asked for cards, promised to get them, but never get them)

As much as I like NCL, the customer service is bad and that might be a reflection of the staffing all the way to the top.

Probably the same people in charge of sending out Latittudes cards that are running the finance department. (many of us have asked for cards, promised to get them, but never get them)

As much as I like NCL, the customer service is bad and that might be a reflection of the staffing all the way to the top.

Huh?

What does this have to do with the fact that Americans insist on higher wages, or that the new ship had training costs, and no revenue?

What 'bad' experience have you had with the customer service? What leads you to believe that this is a reflection 'of the staffing all the way to the top' ?

Next time somebody who booked a cruise at what they felt was a fair price and then wants a price reduction should be pointed to this press release.

In the end, this is a business. Nothing else.

Archived