How long from Southampton to Gatwick?

lwnbwlr

We have a 1:00PM flight out of Gatwick and we, hopefully, dock in Southampton at 7:00 AM on a Saturday. Do you think we'll have any difficulties making our flight?? Princess won't make any promises on flights before 2:00PM.

Jim

Its at least 2 hours from Southampton to Gatwick and maybe even more if traffic is bad

What day of the week ?

What mode of transfer are you planning to use

If you dock at 7am you may well not get off the ship till 9am or 10 AM

If at all possible I'd try and get a later flight out of Gatwick. I have done a 'journey plan' for you with National Rail:

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/TimetableResult.asp?T2ID=7082_2006521213751,

presuming that is the way you will go!

I put in next Saturday just for the exercise and stated that I needed to get the train by 9.30. At the most the journey could take 2 hrs 20 minuntes. It really depends on how quickly you can get of the ship and get to the railway station.

It will be cutting it a bit fine especially as you probably have to get to the airport two hours before flight.

Good luck!

If you're going to Gatwick by road you have the M25 to deal with!

It's not called the biggest parking lot in Europe for nothing.

Unpredictable to say the least.

Allow as much time as possible.

I agree with the previous posters. I live very near Southampton and if we were going by road we would allow 2 hours during the day. It can take longer depending on traffic etc. Assuming you need to check in 2 hours minimum before your flight I'd certainly book a later flight. Then the end of your holiday won't be spoilt by you worrying whether you are going to get there on time. Annie:)

We flew out of Gatwick the last time we sailed into Southhampton and used Princess transfers. We were one of the first off the ship and it took almost 3 hours to get to Gatwick because of traffic and it was raining. We had a flight that left at 12:30 and we made it in plenty of time. We just didn't have too long to sit around and wait for our flight after checking in. I think it was maybe an hour. I thought we would never get there because our bus driver took back roads and didn't use the motorway which may have been faster.

Archived