Large group on Jewel at LeBistro/Cagneys

newbe dave

I am helping to coordinate a group of friends to cruise on the Jewel early next year. The group currently stands at 35 people in 17 cabins. :eek:

My question is whether anyone thinks that we would be able to dine at the same time at either LeBistro or Cagney's? I realize that we will need to break up into multiple tables (any number is fine with me). I will want to have a couple group dinners during the cruise and I am wondering if I should try to have one of the dinners at LeBistro? :D

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I will be trying to get on the ship early and making these reservations as early as possible. Thanks for any help.

I am helping to coordinate a group of friends to cruise on the Jewel early next year. The group currently stands at 35 people in 17 cabins. :eek:

My question is whether anyone thinks that we would be able to dine at the same time at either LeBistro or Cagney's? I realize that we will need to break up into multiple tables (any number is fine with me). I will want to have a couple group dinners during the cruise and I am wondering if I should try to have one of the dinners at LeBistro? :D

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I will be trying to get on the ship early and making these reservations as early as possible. Thanks for any help.

Anyone is any kind or suite?

Wow...for all 30+ at one time? You will definitely have a problem unless you book the reservations asap upon arriving onto the ship (or because it's a group maybe you could do ahead of time??). Both of these restaurants are not very large and you would need the majority of tables at either of those restaurants at any one point for your group.

The food is worth it for either of those restaurants....but be prepared that you may not get the times you want for dinner if you want all of them eating as a group just because of the capacity of those restaurants to begin with.

I think with a little work you could get a reservation at the same time for the group. That said I don't think you all would eat at the same time in Bistro or Cagney's:confused:

Here is the issue. Neither of the restaurants are set up to roll out 30+ dinners at any where near the same time. Everything is cooked to order in small galley like kitchens and normally they are serving 2 or 3 tables at the same time.

They normally stagger the seating until the Bistro fills up. That is why some complain they could not get a reservation but there were empty tables. If 32 sat down at once I would not be surprised if the last were not finished for close to 3 hours :eek:

You may be better off doing the big group dinner in the main dinning room and letting people enjoy the specialty restaurants in smaller groups. I think they would enjoy them more.

They may be able to make special arrangements for the specialty restaurants and make it work. Perhaps bring in more help that night.

If any of those 17 cabins are mini suites or penthouses the best person to get this done is the concierge. I did dinner for 29 with 24 hours advanced notice on the Jewel last fall.

If you look at the deck plan there is a separate area starboard side at Tzars that would make a great area for a group dinner.

First, thank you so much for your replies. None of our rooms are suites (BA balcony rooms on deck 10).

Reading the replies helps me a lot. We will do our group dinners at Tsar's (one early in the cruise and one the last night) and I will encourage everyone to go to at least 1 special restaurant on the cruise. I went to LeBistro on the Sun last year and it was fantastic. I plan to visit it again (I want Chocolate Fondue and I want it now:p ) and maybe Teppanyan too. But I can see how these restaurants are not set up to handle large crouds at a time. Better to leave them for romantic couples ;) than a large group.

Again, thanks for the advice.

I know people love to get the whole group together to make for a special evening, but it often becomes counter productive. Of course, a few will be late, never fails. There is a limit to how many people you can even talk with anyways. When folks eat at tables for 6 or 8, it works better for conversation. Pretty much impossible to talk to 30 people without yelling down the table or across the room. The big group slows everything down and often becomes a frustrating evening with people walking out mumbling to themselves. #$%&*(%^&(#%

Just a thought as you plan the evenings.

First, thank you so much for your replies. None of our rooms are suites (BA balcony rooms on deck 10).

Reading the replies helps me a lot. We will do our group dinners at Tsar's (one early in the cruise and one the last night) and I will encourage everyone to go to at least 1 special restaurant on the cruise. I went to LeBistro on the Sun last year and it was fantastic. I plan to visit it again (I want Chocolate Fondue and I want it now:p ) and maybe Teppanyan too. But I can see how these restaurants are not set up to handle large crouds at a time. Better to leave them for romantic couples ;) than a large group.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Now a group at teppanyaki will work. The Jewel I think in fact holds 32. Not everyone will want to go but even if you got half that would be a fun dinner as a group.

Even without a suite I think the concierge will help with such a large group. The right $mile and you will have their attention. The concierge office is to your right of the main desk and down the hall on the left

If you look at the deck plan there is a separate area starboard side at Tzars that would make a great area for a group dinner.

This is a great area for large groups. We had a "little" FOMT gathering last November, and it worked out wonderfully.

PE

Archived