Looking for April Challenge Buddies??

Angel in FL

Rose - The Majesty was the first ship that I ever cruised on and will always have that "special" place in my heart. I would love to cruise her again, but these days we're lucky to get one cruise a year in. DH & I were talking this past weekend of the possibility of having his whole family take a 3 or 4 day cruise on her sometime. Well, we can dream! The Voyager class ships are magnificent! You'll love the Promenade. They are quite a bit larger than the Majesty, but we've never felt that they are too big. You'll love it! I want to hear all about it when you get back. Are you going to Labadee? We went in June and it is beautiful. Hard to believe that just across the mountains is a very poor country.

Lynn

Lynn...I am going to Labadee. I have never been there so I am really looking forward to it. This is a 9 night cruise out of Bayonne, so I am also excited about having the extra time on the ship. Also, it is our first balcony cabin. A lot of firsts for us on this cruise.

I will tell you all about it when I get back.

Rose

Hi,

Returned last night,late, from Karen's. Mouth is doing better but still pretty sore and the stitches are driving me crazy. Feels like food is trapped between my jaw and cheeck. Have managed to keep my tongue and fingers away but jeez, its hard.

Karen & I had a great time, were terrible food wise:eek: . I've been eating lots of comfort foods till jaw has a chance to heal and boy did we take advantage of that excuse. Karen says hi to all and she will be back one of these days.

Am hoping by tomorrow to be able to go back to woe but am taking it one day at a time. I can tell you that I will be cutting way back on the comfort foods for sure. The problem is trying to find things to eat that are good for me and don't hurt the mouth. Weight-wise, I'm still the same which I'll take considering...

Rose you must be in count down mode! Your cruise is getting really close. Karen & I were just talking about how much fun we had and how we wish we were going with you! We decieded though, that the ship wouldn't let you on with that much luggage, by the time you smuggled Mary, Karen, & I on in your suitcase, you'd have no room for clothes;) . Any way enjoy!

How is everyone else doing?

Linda

Linda...I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. Don't worry about the comfort foods, when you are feeling okay you will start eating right again.

Yes, I am definately in countdown mode. 5 days to go!:D I wish that all of you could go with me, but I don't have room after I pack all of my shoes.:eek:

Rose

Hi everyone! This is my first post since the new boards hope it gets thru ok. I have been having major problems with work/health this last month. Went from depressed and eating nothing, dropped ten pounds in five days. Than depressed and eating everything gained fifteen in about the same. A week before my youngest daughter's high school graduation open house, I woke up and realized I hadn't started to do anything yet. Took a week off work to get ready for it and make all my doc apointments and test.

Sooooo, here I am in need of motivation.

Melody

Melody it sounds like you have had a rough couple of weeks, so take a deep breath, and a big hug:) to you. Now that some of the stress is off maybe you can get back to being you. I know that stress just wrecks havoc with our lives and our woe. Am having a tough time myself trying to stay on track but one day at a time. You know that you always have a place to come for support, or just to vent. Welcome back :D , you have been missed.

Mary how are you doing? Rose how is the last minute packing coming? Remember we are all cruising through you now. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Linda

I haven't started packing yet. I have clothes all over the place, waiting to be ironed. I partially packed my toiletry bag this afternoon. I am so excited, I can hardly wait. I have heard so much about the Voyager and I am really looking forward to seeing her.

I am sticking to my WOE like a good girl. I hope to be down another pound before I leave.

Rose

Welcome back Melody! We missed you! Sorry to hear how rough things have been, but I'll say a prayer for you and I'm sure that things will get better.

Linda - How's your mouth doing? Is it getting back to normal?

Rose - I can imagine how excited and busy you are. You are going to have a great time on the Voyager! Wish I was going too. :( You'll have to give us all the details when you get back!

Things are pretty much the same around our house. My DS has 4 1/2 more weeks of summer vacation, but I think he's getting excited about starting the 7th grade. I've been real good about my WOE. Pretty much staying on track with few exceptions.

Linda - Has it been as hot on the east coast as it's been here on the west coast? We've had very little rain even though the weather radar makes it look like we've had tons of rain. We must be in a dry pocket because it rains all around us but not here.

We're in the planning stages for our next cruise in May '05. It seems so long to go! We're looking at the Explorer of the Seas again (we did it last year too).

Everyone be good!

Lynn

Hi everyone, I'm doing ok... not good, just ok. Have had many excuses not to go to Curves, but it's basically , I'm lazy. I just want to go home from work and put my feet up and relax. Now it's raining here on the east coast ( should rain the whole week) so that's not stimulating my desire to be anywhere but home. Well, must get my lunch together and then off to work. Linda, I hope you are feeling well again and Rose ..wish I was packing with you. Have a great trip. Melody, hang in there . Everyone, have a great rest of the week! Mary

PS Linda, where is Karen??

Lynn--- YES!!! It has been very hot here, but then I live in South FL. and we are in the summer months. Our lows are around 78 at night & up in the mid-to high 90's, add high humidity and it dosen't make you want to get outside except to go to the air condition car, or store. This is one of the biggest problems I have with trying to exercise...most of the month's its just too darn HOT! We've had some rain but not much so things are really dry here, brush fire season is in full swing.

Mary--Karen like all of us is having a real battle with her weight and work is just driving her nuts. She did re-join WW but I know she's not having much success in following WW. Like you & I, she tries but most of the time its just easier to eat whatever is quick & easy. My mouth is still giving me problems. Today makes a week that I had the stupid thing pulled. I still have a fair size hole in my gum, that is open. I see the dentist on Friday, so I should have a better idea of what's going on. I can make it through the day with just two aspirin or Advil but at night...its hurting so much that I'm still taking painkillers to sleep. Eating is going okay but not great and I'm not quite sure what I can eat. Every now and again I put food on that side and YIKES:eek: !

Hope everyone else is doing well. Lynn sounds like you are doing really well, way to go.

Linda

Hi everyone! Still fighting this new format. Like, how do we get the icon IN the message.

Lynn thanks for the prayer, I need it. I'm looking at surgary next Thursday for a health issue I've been fighting since my last cruise in April.

I'm trying to get my health and weight back in shape for my big cruise. I'm suppose to be going on the Holiday for the repo cruise, 15 days thru the Panama Canal in September.

Hope everybody gets motivated to stay on trac with there WOE

Melody

Melody,

Please know that your in my prayers & thoughts for your surgery. I'm praying for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. You need to be on your feet for the repo cruise:) . I've been looking at doing a Panama Canal cruise but it will have to wait. I must admit the more I read about the canal cruises the more interested I become. However, the family(DH. 2DD's & Karen) are looking at doing an Alsaka cruise in 2006. It will take everyone that long to save up for the cruise. I'm hoping to do a short cruise for Dh & I in 2005.

To get icons in your message, go to the top of the page and click on UserCO, go to edit options. Go to bottom of the page and click on the "enhanced inferface-full WYSIWYG-editing. Save changes and that should get you the "smilies" :), at least I hope.

Linda

Melody, good luck with your surgery. I'll be praying for you, girl.

Linda, is your mouth feeling better?

How is everyone else doing? I'm hanging in there...just putting too much food in my mouth lately. I'm never going to make my pledge, but I'm going to try! :)

Melody, good luck with your surgery.

Sheila, I can identify with your plight. Same here.

Oh, I wish I was sailing with Rose....Well, off to get ready for work. Everyone, stay well and happy. Mary

Melody - Good luck with your surgery! We'll be praying for you!

Shelia - I saw on the RCCL board that your thinking of booking the Navigator. You'll love that ship! We thought it was the most beautiful and most effecient ship we've been on. Food was the best! The ship was immaculate and the staff very friendly!

Linda - Still no rain here either. I don't ever remember a July in Florida where it has been soooooo dry. This is not good!

Lynn

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid]Hi, just popping in here to say "good bye". I will see everyone in about 10 days. My excitement level is really climbing now. This time tomorrow morning I will be leaving to get on my ship. Since it is leaving from Bayonne, NJ I will not have to fly ( I live in New York).[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Everyone stay well.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Rose[/color][/size][/font]

Rose, goodbye and have a fantastic trip! I am sooo jealous! :D

Lynn, yep...can't decide between the Navigator and the Mariner. We just sailed the Mariner and LOVED her. The only drawback to the Navigator is we'll have to drive 2 1/2 more hours to Miami to get on the ship. The deciding factor will be our friends from Scotland who are sailing with us. Howard still has to work out his vacation schedule. We aren't booking until Dec. so we have plenty of time to decide. I don't care which ship just as long as I'm on board. I'm hooked on the Voyager class now. :)

Gosh, everyone on this board has a really bad case of cruising fever, me included. I just looked at the last minute deals and there is on for the Navigator, western route, atruim cabin for $749 pp. I wonder if any jury would convict DH of first degree murder if I booked this a suprize 31 anniversary present:rolleyes: . Sure it tempting isn't. Just have to keep telling myself,"no,no bad girl". Got to quit reading these boards.:eek: .

Rose, if you pop in again have a great cruise!
Linda

Linda, the prices for the Navigator seem to be cheaper than the Mariner. I guess because the Mariner is so new. I got a quote for May 28, 2005 sailing on the Navigator for 3 for $2800 (Class E1 balcony on Deck 7). We paid more than that in 2002 when we sailed on the Carnival Destiny and it isn't nearly as nice as the RCCL Voyager class ships.

Archived