Looking for April Challenge Buddies??

Angel in FL

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple]Melody...how are you? I hope that your surgery went okay.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]I am back from my cruise and I am 6 pounds heavier than when I left. I was a little upset, but I am over it now. Just have to get back on that diet and hope to lose it soon.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]My cruise was great, we had a really nice time.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Linda...the Voyager was all that you said it was. She is a beautiful ship. I loved the cocoanut cookies, but my favorite was the macadamia nut cookies (that could account for the 6 pounds:rolleyes: ). Everything was just so nice, we didn't want to come home, except that we missed our kids.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]It is nice to be home, but I am already looking forward to my next cruise (which I haven't planned yet).:D [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Rose[/color][/size][/font]

Hi All,

I've been missing in action for awhile. My DH & I have been out of town for six day break over my birthday. Just checked into a hotel, slept late, went to the pool, read, ate lunch, napped, read, back to pool, ate dinner, went to bed. Just what we needed:) . Needless, to say we [b]didn't[/b] stick to our WOE and gained about 5 lbs.:cool: We did enjoy the extra calories & carbs, so now we are back to our WOE. I've lost the 5lbs so I can't complain. We hope to do much better when we go to Daytona Beach the last week in Aug/Sept. This place has a full kitchen so we won't eat out as much. For at least two meals will have stuff in the room.

Melody still haven't heard from you. Hope all is well with you:) .

Rose, I am still dreaming about the VOS and how I can back on her for another vacation;) .

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon.
Linda

Hi Linda! I'm here! A little soggy perhaps, but here just the same!

It's been a little wild around here the last week or so. Had a major computer crash (my DH's, not mine thank goodness) and I've been helping him get it reprogrammed since the shop had to wipe his hard drive in order to get it going again. Then, we also bought another new computer for the office because we're going to a new estimating program which will require both DH & my FIL to each have their own PC.

Getting DS ready to start school too. The public schools start Monday the 9th, but he goes to a private Christian school and they don't start till the 16th.

Other than that....

Been real good on my WOE and exercising. Haven't been on any trips since our cruise and I'm going through serious cruise withdrawal! Hoping to book one soon for next May, but I'm going to have to feel more comfortable with the finances before I can commit.

What's new?

And.....where is everyone else??! :confused:

Lynn

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Hi, I am here too. I have been reading the boards, but not posting much. I have not been myself since I came home from my cruise. My son is leaving for the Army on Monday and I am seriously depressed about it. We had a big going away party for him this weekend and it just made me realize that he is really leaving. I am really close to all of my kids and I can't stand the thought of not seeing him for long lengths of time. I don't even want to think about the fact that he could be sent to Iraq. I am trying to stay positive for his sake, this is what he has always wanted. [/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc]Anyway, my WOE has suffered and I am not losing any weight. I will wait for next week to try to straighten myself out. I can't really think about anything else right now.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc]Rose[/color][/font][/b]

Lynn--it was really nice to see your message. I know what you mean about the staying dry. The weather down here has been just like yours...[i]wet:p [/i]. The only things loving our weather are the ducks and the grass. At least now when you walk on the grass it doesn't go "crunch". I could use just a little more sunshine, but I also know we need the liqiud sunshine. Glad to hear that you have been able to stay with your WOE. I think I've forgotten what mine is. I haven't been bad but not staying on WOE as strictly as I was. The end of this month DH & I are leaving for a week at our timeshare. We'll be in Daytona Beach, and then driving to Darien,GA to spend a couple of days at my MIL. So I know the woe will just about go out the window:( . Until then I'm trying to be good...some days are good others are just passable.

Rose---I wish there was something I could do for you. I can't imagen what it would be like to have a son/daughter leaving for miltary service. I guess I would be proud but oh so scared. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and if there is anything I can do, even if its just read your vents, or your scared posts, please come here. Also if you want to just e-mail me, my address is : [email="jljursa@hotmail.com"]jljursa@hotmail.com[/email]. Please, let me and your other friends here help you through your son's leaving and let us support you during his time of service. I'm sure you'll be able to get back your woe eating once you know where your son is going to be stationed. As for not feeling right since your return from the cruise, I must admitt the VOS is hard to get out of your system. I still find myself thinking today is... and then thinking about what I was doing on this day, on the cruise. It seems like it was just yesterday.

To everyone else, take care and I check in tomorrow after I weigh in.:rolleyes:
Linda

Boards sure are quiet. Must be that everyone is getting kids ready for school. I am sure glad that I am through the school experience. Makes life a little less hecitc. Our schools open on the 11th so everyone is out shopping for supplies and clothes. Malls are a mess! Glad I can just drive right by.

I did weigh in on Fri. and am down about two pounds:D . The weight is still coming off but slowly. I can't complain cause I haven't been good about eating. DH & I were just talking about going back to a week of induction just to kick start and get back to woe. Will see what happends. Keep waiting for life to settle down but at the rate our lives go, we'll be dead before that happens:rolleyes: .

Melody still haven't heard from you, hope that means all is well with you and that you are busy planning for your cruise.

Rose hope you are okay, I know that your son leaves tomorrow, sending a big hug, and warm wishes you way.

Looking to hear from all our other friends. Of course, newbies are welcome here!
Linda

Rose - Please let your son know how much we appreciate his great sacrifice for our country and protecting our freedoms! I know it's hard for you as a parent to have him do this, but words cannot express our pride for our military! May God bless him and keep him safe.

Linda - What does the sun look like anyway? We haven't seen much of it here lately. I agree, at least the lawn doesn't crunch, but now it feels like a sponge! We had 2 inches last night alone! Sounds like you are going through PCDS just like me. I sooooooooo miss the NOS. Actually, I miss all the ships! I need to book a cruise soon. Just need to get some finances taken care of first.

DS starts school a week from tomorrow. The public schools start tomorrow, but he goes to a private Christian school and goes a week later. With all the "professional" days that the PS's get that he doesn't, he only goes an extra 1 1/2 days at the end of the year. Still gets out on May 27.

I've been real good the last couple of days on my WOE. I was cheating slightly with little "tastes" of things for a couple of weeks. Didn't gain anything, but didn't lose either. Those little "cheats" add up you know! :p

Lynn

Well, ladies, I am checking in to let you know that as of tongiht, I'm still here. Looks Boca will be able to escape most of Charley's wrath. They are predicting some wind(25-45mph), rain(3-6") and some power outages. All in all not a bad outlook. Oldest DD is in Orlando, and she may not be as lucky. Watching & waiting have played havoc with my WOE. Not really bad but am certainly munching a whole lot more. I've found Carb Fix Pretzels, and fourteen pretzel sticks have 9 grams of carbs. Stil more carbs then I need, and I find that I'm eating about two servings a day. Until Charley started our direction had been eating the 14 sticks as an evening snack and doing really well. Am hoping by tomorrow night, nerves & stomach will both have calmed down & I can go back to eating pretzels only once a night.

Rose are you doing okay? I still think of you and your son. Have you heard from him since he left? Please check in when you read this.

Lynn am hoping & praying that all of you on west coast will come through Charley with little damage and most importantly no loss of life. I don't know where in Sarasota you live, but when we lived there, we were just north of the airport off of 441(east side) and our neighborhood flooded just with a good thunderstorm. Hope you are in a better draining neighborhood. Check in when you can.

Linda

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=olive]Linda...thank you so much for your concern. I am doing okay....just taking each day as it comes. I heard from my son the day he landed in Georgia. He called to say that he had arrived safely. I have been hoping to hear from him again, but nothing yet. We had thought that we would be able to see him in October, but now it looks like we won't see him until sometime around Thanksgiving. I really, really miss him. I am used to seeing him every day, so this is very hard.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808000][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808000]Thank you to all of you wonderful ladies for your thoughts and prayers. It really helps me to know that I have the support of so many great women.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808000]Rose[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Linda - Than you for your thoughts. Prayers are much needed now as it looks like Sarasota had a great chance of being Ground Zero. We're boarding up our windows as I write this.

Rose - My prayers are with you during this difficult time.

I'll write again at first chance.

I'm scared, guys.

Lynn

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=olive][/color][/size][/font][/b][b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=olive]Lynn, Linda and all of you Florida ladies....I am praying for all of you. Please be safe. Let us know how you are as soon as you can. My SIL and her family live in the Tampa area, so we are keeping a close eye on the path of the hurricane.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Lynn---hang in there! Lots of prayers and thoughts coming your way. I am writing this with one eye watching the weather channel. Doesn't look good for Tampa or Sarasota. I know you've done everything you can to stay safe. Only good thing:confused: about this storm is that it is fast moving. We had rain last night, high winds this morning but that's it. Check in as soon as you can to let us know that you are safe. May He watch over you & keep you all safe.

Rose--I know there isn't much I can say that will bring you comfort. I have no idea of what you are going through. The only thing I can compare it to and it is a poor comparison is when DD#1 left for college. I cried that first day after we left here as if she had died. Funny, but I did get use to her being gone. Of course, she calls us everyday sometimes more depending on how her day & life is going. Not the same by a long shot but maybe a little like you. Isn't it funny how we miss them so much when they are gone but when they are under foot we can't wait for them to get on with their life. Is your son in boot camp? Sounds like he may be at the same place DD#2 friend was. He is so excited about being in the Army. DD#2 wonders what is wrong with him? I've told her nothing and she is to write him as much as possible, he needs her support and she owes him a debet of gratitude for her freedom. After the first couple of weeks he could use his cell phone and they talked every weekend during his training. Hope this is a possibility for you. Please take care and know I'm only a keyboard away:) .

I'll keep checking in. LYNN STAY SAFE!
Linda

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=olive]Linda...thank you for your thoughts. Yes, my son is in boot camp. He is stationed at Fort Benning, Georgia. Right now, he can't have his cell phone, but we are hoping that he can have it when basic training is over. We think that when we go to see him at his graduation, sometime in November, we will be able to bring the cell phone with us. We think that he will be able to call home every two weeks or so while he is in basic.[/color][/size][/font][/b][b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=olive] [/color][/size][/font][/b]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=olive][b]Be safe with all this bad weather you are getting down there.[/b][/color][/size][/font]

:confused: Lynn, are you up and running? How did Sarasota do in all of this? I don't think you got much of the weather but I'm not really sure. Hope all is well with you and that you'll check in here. I'll search the Royal Carribean board to see if I can find you. We got nothing here except for some wind. Our weather has been worse today than during the time Charley was around. Now it looks like we have to keep an eye on Earl(sigh):eek: . I can't wait until Nov.1st:) .
Linda

Hey guys! Yes, we did dodge Hurricane Charley although I must say that it was a very stressful period of time until it passed. We kept the local tv station on all of the time, and I must say that they did an awesome job with information. Up until about 1:30PM when it made an abrupt right hand turn into Charlotte Harbor, we were sure that we were in the bullseye of it. By then it was a category 3 storm and it was too late to evacuate to anywhere. But, we had boarded up our windows and prepared the best we could. We prayed an awful lot too.

We've already had 2 calls on our business line from Hurricane Charley "survivors". One with extensive roof damage and one with minor sliding glass door damage. Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda is about 1 hour from here so I don't think we'll get alot of calls. I feel so sorry for those people.

I went on an absolute eating frenzy Friday and ate just about anything that was in my way. Oh well, at that point of time I really didn't care. Back on track today though.

Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts!

Lynn

Lynn,

So glad to hear from you! I think everyone in Florida went through and is going through a stressfull time! Who would think that Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, & Daytona would be in the path of a hurricane coming from the gulf. When you look at evacuation plans for people on either coast, Orlando is center state and suppose to be safe. Oldest daughter live in Orlando, but thankfully she was on the west side of the city, so she doesn't have any damage, and still has her power. School where she teaches was hit pretty hard, she hasn't been able to get to the school to look at damage. School board is telling her Tuesday is the first day she can report for school. We are truely thankful she is safe. Not much we can do for the people in Punta Gorda but continue to pray for them. DH may be making a trip there with supplies as part of UMCOR, which is the United Methodist Disater Relief Agency. We have dear friends who use to pastor the methodist church in Punta Gorda. Will just wait for word and see what we can do. Glad you are safe and I wouldn't be worrying about what I ate, I am just thankful I can go to refrig. & get what I want! Notice I said want not need(sigh). How is your weather today, it looks like storms are rolling thru the area. I sure hope not. Lots of thunderstorms here today. Again, glad you are safe. Take care & stay in touch.
Linda

Those poor people in Punta Gorda need just about everything. Where does one begin to pick up the pieces? It's also a retirement community by and large and these people lost everything they worked for. Fortunately, many owners of those mobile homes were probably back north and out of harm's way.

The people in DeSoto and Hardee counties need so much too. I heard last night that the entire county of DeSoto is without power and will be for 2 -4 weeks! It's very rural and they have well water for the most part. Without power their wells won't pump and not only will the people need water, but the livestock and crops will too. The citrus trees were also stripped of all their leaves and baby fruit.

Many people from Sarasota County evacuated to Arcadia, which we always thought to be a safe place. Who would have ever imagined that Arcadia would be hit so badly. I heard that almost every building in Arcadia sustained damage and the water tower was destroyed.

We haven't had rain today here, but we did yesterday. The inland counties look like they're getting it again today. Just what they need! Polk County just had a tornado warning posted for just east of Ft. Meade (which got hit by Charley).

Lynn

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=olive]Lynn...I am happy to hear from you. I am glad that you did not get hit hard. [/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#808000][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#808000]Rose[/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Hi all....just wanted to let you know that I heard from my son. He called Sunday morning and we received a letter from him on Monday. He is doing well. He seems happy with his decision. We will be able to see him for a "family day" sometime in October. He will write with the definite date as soon as he has it. Then in November, he will have his graduation so the whole family will go down for that. I feel so much better since hearing from him. As much as I miss him and worry about him, it helps to know that he is doing what he wants and is happy.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]This will all be a different story if he gets sent to Iraq or Afghanistan, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it:( [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Rose[/color][/size][/font][/b]

What a joy it is to be able to stay in touch with you ladies! Rose, I am so glad that you heard from your son! I know that must mean so much to you. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your son and that your family is very close. In this day, you should be very proud. So many families barely talk to each other. Did you say that your son is at Ft. Benning in Ga. That's where DD# 2 friend was stationed and did his basic. He is now doing airborne ranger training. Bree still keeps in touch with him. He said once that he got through basic he really felt like he had accomplished something with his life. Am praying your son will still enjoy everything and most of all he'll be safe. As Lynn said we are all proud of him.

Lynn how are things going for you? I know that you escaped Charley but is life normal there? DD#2 is still not in school in Orlando and is scheduled to return to school this Monday. She thinks it will be a while before she actually gets back to teaching. She is expecting to have to do alot of counseling with the kids. Everyone in that area, and at ground zero have had such a hard time. It will be a long time before live is normal for any of them.:(

As for my woe I'm doing okay. I don't expect much weight loss this week, I've been steady but not great. Our 31 wedding anniversary is the 31 of this month and we are taking a week and half away. When we come back I'm going to really buckle down, as the holidays are approaching fast:rolleyes: . I'm looking to drop another 20lbs. before than and do like last year---not gain.

Has anyone heard from Shelia? I guess she has forgotten about us here. I'll have to start watching the boards closer and find out what's going on in her life. If anyone talks with her, tell her hello from me. Karen sends her love to you all. Hopefully her job will settle down and she'll post one of these days.

Goodnight to all,
Linda

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=slategray]Hi, Linda...yes, my son is at Fort Benning. He is hoping to get Airborne and Ranger Training also. He has to wait for awhile to find out if he can get in.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#708090]Happy Anniversary and have a great trip with your DH.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#708090][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#708090]Shelia posts over on the South Beach Diet Board. I am also on SBD, so I see her there alot. I will tell her to check in with her friends over here sometimes.:) [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#708090]Have a great day everyone.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#708090]Rose[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Hi Linda - Shelia is also on the Countdown Club thread. I'll tell her to come over here too.

Life is pretty much back to normal here in Sarasota. All of our motels are filled because of people coming from Pt. Charlotte and Punta Gorda. No rooms are available until up around St. Petersburg. There is still no power in Charlotte County as well as DeSoto and Hardee too. Of course, as you know, the weather has been very hot the last few days. Things are not good. Did your husband go over to Charlotte County? I think my son's class is hooking up with another church and going to Arcadia on Saturday to help out.

A family moved up from Charlotte a couple of days ago to stay with our neighbor. They lived in an old mobile home and it was destroyed. The husband is about 50 years old and has lost just about everything. Insurance will only cover about $10,000 because the mobile home was so old and they did not own the lot on which it was parked. They have no idea what they are going to do. Just one of many, many sad stories.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

I've been real good on my WOE too. I'm being very careful not to eat the wrong foods. I took the car in this morning to get an oil change, and while I was waiting for it in the waiting room they had a big box of donuts! I was tempted, but I just walked away! I told myself that the sugar in that donut would put me back on a sugar withdrawal and I would be tired, achey and have a headache for 2 days if I ate it! It worked!!!

Have a great day!

Lynn

Archived