Looking for April Challenge Buddies??

Angel in FL

Hey Ladies,

Can't find our orginal thread and I know that April has come and gone but I sure do miss all of you ladies. I've come to look forward to hearing how everyone is doing and be able to laugh, cry & vent with you. Of course, new members are welcome. I read the SWIFT Challenge, but I need to loose so much more weight than everyone there :( , I'm hoping that some of you will come back and help me. Like I said new friends are definately welcome!

Linda

Hi Linda! I'm still here. Still getting used to the new boards, but so far I think I like the new one better than the old one. I do miss some of the threads that we had going. We'll just have to start new ones!

How's everything going for you?

I'm back in the grind. Fond memories of our cruise and planning our next one next year. Might do 2 of them next year. One with the family and one (maybe a surprise!) just for DH & me as it will be our 15 year anniversary.

Lynn

Hi Linda and Lynn,

I guess it's going to take awhile for everyone to find their way back to the various boards.

I for one am glad to be back and posting. It keeps me motivated!

Mari:)

So glad to hear from you guys! The new boards take some getting use too, and I'm still learning.

Not doing well at all in the weight loss department:( just seem to be having trouble getting back on track and STAYING THERE! I do really well for a day or two and then...poof. It's just like I never tried to change my woe. I do know that it's better for me, saw Dr. last week and all my blood work was down in the normal ranges, including blood sugar:D , so I know all the changes I've made are very important for me, now why can't I stay motivated?:mad:

Here's hoping to hear more from old and new friends!

Linda

Hi, Linda....Thanks for starting this new thread. I noticed that the April Challenge was gone. These new boards are taking some getting used to.

How do you get the icons in the middle of your text? Every time I try to post an icon, it only shows up at the front of my post.

Anyway, I am happy to see my April buddies back here. I am also involved in the SLOW pledge, but I like to chat with everyone.

Hang in there, Linda, hopefully soon that weight will go the way you want it to.

Rose

Evening Ladies,

Well, my week started off okay and its only Tuesday and its gone down hill:(. Last nigh I stepped off a curb and severly twisted my ankle once again. This is the same ankle that I've broken twice, and sprained more time than I can count. My ankle looks like it has a grapefruit stuffed under it, and is pretty painfull to walk on. Today was my last day of work for the week, and with July 4th holiday, I'm hoping to stay off of it and let it heal. Of course, it won't help a bit with the weight loss. I guess I'll be side lined for a while, so if you can drop me a line, I'll be looking for ways to keep my spirits up:) .

Linda

Hi Linda,

So sorry to hear about your ankle. Yikes...

I know first hand how this weight loss and woe is a constant battle.

My husband eats what he wants, when he wants and rarely gains weight.

I am always thinking about what I put in my mouth - the amount of carbs the calories etc.

For me maintaining my weight has been a challenge. When I had a lot to loose, the motivation was very high. Now I seem to yo-yo, and find after 5 days of being good, I want to blow the whole thing and binge. Most times I don't binge, but sure do think about it, and I find that this has caused an inner stress level.

I have the good:) inner voice and also the bad:mad:, so either way food is on my mind. I've been very good since Saturday, since I know I'll be going on yet another vacation on july 24th, and need all my new clothes to fit right. I intend to stick to my woe until I drop the pounds I put on during our last trip.

On this next trip I am not going to make it an eating feast, it's just too hard to have to come home and start all over again.

Well, i guess I've just chatted on and on, but my real point is that we are not alone! All of us on these boards share with you the same ups and downs.

Maybe this weekend, you can read a good book, see a new movie, visit with a friend, pamper yourself with at home spa treatments or write in a journal your thoughts and feelings. And of course post on these boards.

Take care, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Mari

THANKS EVERYONE:) ! Just checked in and read all the new posts. I've been keeping ankle up and iceing every 20 minutes. Not as painfull and swollen today. Am hoping to be up and around more tomorrow. Need to do some shopping for the long weekend. Am planning to get only foods that will be on my woe plan. I love it that the berries are "in season". Am planning on useing those as my "sweets" for the weekend. Don't have any plans, which is a good thing considering.

Shelia, where are you off too? Where ever it may be have a great time.

Rose, aren't you getting close to your cruise or did you already take it?

Hoping everyone have a good evening & check in tomorrow.

Linda

Linda....yes, my cruise is coming soon. I can hardly wait. I leave July 16 and will return on July 25.

On July 31 we are having a big going away party for my son and then he leaves for boot camp on August 9. I am hoping to really relax on this cruise.

Rose

Rose--- I sure hope that you have a great cruise and are able to relax. Is your son going on the cruise with you? You must be very proud of him and at the same time very scared. I don't even know your son but both of those emotions went thru me when I read your post. God bless him & all the others who feel the call to defend our country.

Ankle is doing some better. Smokey let me know yesterday, that he was unhappy with the condition of his litter box. This led to a vaccuming of the house and ankle didn't respond well at all! Very sore this morning, not alot of swelling but still swollen. Need to go shopping today to get food for the weekend. Plan on smoking chicken & ribs for the 4th.

Scale was up this morning, not a suprise considering the way I've been eating. Need to settle down and stick to woe. I'm sure not being able to move alot right now is not helping.

Got to ankle back in shape as we are to go to Karen's once again. In June we spent four days at her house working. We painted ceilings, walls and laid a wood laminate floor. For two sisters who didn't know a thing about laying floors we did an amazing job! DH was the foreman, he can't get down on knees. It was hard work but what a sense of accomplishment. Karen's home looks really good.

Everyone have a good day.

Linda

Linda...try to stay off that ankle as much as you can. When I sprained my ankle I gained 3 lbs cuz I was just sitting around and eating. That weight will come off pretty easily.

My emotions about my son are exactly as you described them...scared and proud all at once. Unfortunately, he is not going on this cruise. It would have given us some much needed quality time together. I didn't know that he would be leaving in August when I booked my cruise. He actually just joined up in late May.

Thank you so much for thinking of me and caring.

Rose

Linda, I am heading down to Orlando for a "kiddes" vacation at Universal Orlando. Let's see....we'll be with Spiderman, the Hulk, the Mummy, Shrek, Jaws, etc. for 5 whole days! How will I cope? LOL :D Since we didn't take DS with us on our cruise, we are taking him and his best friend.

Rose, I hope you have a fab cruise!!! Best wishes to your son at boot camp. Enjoy him while you can. :)

Linda, I just found this new thread. I look for the April Challenge when the boards changed. I always went to there or the Atkins thread which disappeared as well. I started a new atkins thread and you took care of the April Challenge. I am just getting myself back on track. Have been not on my WOE ...cheating all the time. Now I'm back ( ok, I had some peanut butter today, but other than that I was good). Tomorrow will be even better.

We are doing a lot of house stuff, so that is keeping me busy. Rose...take me with you on your cruise. Sheila...you and I will get back on track together. Linda... glad to hear from you and sorry about your ankle.

Well, I'll subscribe to this thread, but it will be nice when the email works again. Everyone have a great holiday. Healthy eating everyone!!:D Mary

Mary...come along. The more the merrier! I would love to meet my fellow weight loss friends.

Linda...how is that ankle? I hope that you are feeling better by now.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

Rose

Rose, sure wish I could join you on your cruise! I love that ship and would go anyplace just to be on her. Oh well, at lease I can dream.

Ankle is doing better. Swelling is almost gone but it still is pretty sore when I've been up on it for a while. The bad news is that we went to dinner on Thurs. night. I bit into a piece of sourdough bread, and sheared off the entire inside of one of my back teeth. So I have an appointment tomorrow at 9:00AM to have it pulled. This is the tooth right in front of the one that gave me such problems back in the beginning of the year, so now I have no lower back teeth on the right side of my mouth. Of course, the dentisit wants to do implants, but with no dental insurance, and DH is a minister we just don't have the kind of money they want to do that here in Boca. I'll put off making an decision for three months until this latest extraction heals.

On the up side I've lost 2 lbs over the weekend. Been more carefull about what I'm eating. That always seems to work. Now if I can just continue. DH is smoking ribs for dinner tonight, will have some broccoli and that will be dinner. Maybe some fresh berries for after dinner.

Everyone have a good week. Don't know if I'll check in tomorrow and am hoping to be at Karen's from Wednesday on. Rose, I can't remember when you leave on cruise so if its before Sunday the 11th have a great cruise and will look forward to hearing all about your cruise when you get back.

Linda

Rose, What ship are you on?? I must be blind, I didn't see it. Of course, ANY ship is fine with me, as long as I'm cruising on it!!

Linda, glad you are doing well in the weight department. Of course now you will be having tooth issues again.:( It never stops, does it?

I am back on track. I will be going to Curves tomorrow so we will see how bad the damage was for my "binge". Hope everyone is doing well. Mary

Linda - For heaven's sake take care of yourself!! :eek: My goodness you've had a rough month! Glad to hear about the weight loss, though! At least that's good news!

Rose - Have a great cruise! Tell us all about it when you get back. What ship are you on?

Mary - Glad to hear that you're back on track. I wasn't all that good this 4th of July weekend myself. Today, I'm back on track!

We had a surprise 40th for my SIL on Saturday night and I had 1 1/2 pieces of birthday cake. :eek: Yeah, I felt guilty, but it sure tasted good! But today, I'm totally on plan with exercise and all.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Linda - say "hi" to Karen and tell her we miss her here!

Lynn

Hi everyone. I am on the Voyager of the Seas, leaving on July 16 (I can't wait)!

Linda...sorry to hear about your tooth. I am glad to hear weight loss is going well, though. I am still 7 lbs from goal and cruising in 11 days (not going to make it). Oh well, right now, I don't even care. I will stay on my WOE and hope for the best.

Rose

Morning to All,

The tooth is out;) , but this one may be a little tougher. Because I broke the tooth in half, Dentist had to cut out tooth and put disovleable stitches in. Gave me heavey duty pain pills, I'm typing this before I take the first one. Posting this message is very challenging as Smokey is asleep in my lap. He's sleeping like a baby with his head in the cradle of my arm:rolleyes: . He's such a character! Have good day everyone, after I take pain pill I'll be out for the rest of the day or at least to loopy to do any posting.

Linda

Rose, You'll have to put me in your suitcase, but I'll meet you at the dock! Have a great cruise.

Lynn, Am still on track. Going to Curves today so we'll see what the "damage" was.

Linda, I know you won't read this today, but my thoughts are with you. Happy sleeping. And tell Karen to say hi.

Everyone, stay on track. The holiday is over and it's time to buckle down. Mary

Linda - Hope you feel better when you "wake up". Cats are amazing...Mine always know when I'm under the weather and they always cuddle up as if to try to take away the discomfort. Smokey is trying to make you feel better in the only way he can.

Mary - Yes, I'm back on track today. I was real good yesterday too and I don't think my weekend caused too much damage. I also started my TOM on Saturday so that added not only to water weight, but also intense munchies. Does anyone else get incredible munchies right before?

Rose - Have you been on a Voyager Class ship before? If not, you'll love it!!! It's my favorite class of ship. Just watch out for those fresh baked cookies in the Cafe Promenade!!! Yummmmmmm! :D

Lynn

Lynn....this is my first time on a Voyager Class ship. I am really looking forward to it....and especially looking forward to those cookies I have heard so much about. My other two cruises with RCCL was on the Majesty of the Seas, I have heard alot about VOS and know that it will be really different from the Majesty.

Rose

Archived