Looking for April Challenge Buddies??

Angel in FL

[QUOTE]Has anyone heard from Shelia? I guess she has forgotten about us here. I'll have to start watching the boards closer and find out what's going on in her life. If anyone talks with her, tell her hello from me. Karen sends her love to you all. Hopefully her job will settle down and she'll post one of these days.
[/QUOTE]
Linda, here I am!!! How are you doing? I've been hanging out at the Countdown Club thread because almost everybody is over there chatting away. I'm sorry that I've neglected this thread. :o I will try to keep up. I've been yo-yoing ever since we got back from vacation. I'm still up 6 lbs from pre-vacation weight. I thought I'd have it off by now, but I keep having to go to all of these parties, etc. :rolleyes: I know, I know....no excuse. I still have 15 more lbs to lose to reach my goal by my 40th b'day. That means I have to lose 1.67 lbs per week (according to fitday.com).

How is everybody else doing on their WOE & exercise? I've been trying to exercise with WATP at least 4-5 times a week. I've skipped this week because I haven't felt too well...my back is acting up and so is my GERD. I'll live though! :D

Take care all!

Evening to All,

Shelia, it sure was nice to hear from you. I guess maybe we should just let this thread close out and I'll start checking in at the countdown thread. Shelia, this is the first time I've been thought of as not chatting enough(lol):) . I think my family would have something different to say:D . Hope your back gets to feeling better soon. I know about yo-yoing with those stupid pounds, I've been doing it for a while. As I said earlier after anniversary trip we are going to get back to being serious.

Lynn, no DH hasn't gone over to ground zero yet. Things at the church are keeping him really busy. This weekend our boyscout troop is going to Arcadia to serve breakfast & lunch to over 1500 people at each meal. I think DH is waiting to see if there's a specific need he can fill. He can do a lot of building but as I said his knees are really bad. If a call comes for him, he'll go. He's been asked to train other pastors in crisis intervention, so they in turn can support the pastors in area of Charley. He's been trying to put training together so when the call comes he'll be ready.

As for me, I've been good about eating. Athough its that time of the month and choc. is a have to have!:rolleyes: Am trying to keep it under control. I'll just have to grit my teeth, and keep my mouth shut as much as possible. Hope all is well with everyone else.

Let me know if we are going to let this thread go----so I can find another one to become part of.

Linda

Hi Lynn...yes, I'm feeling better today. My GERD is finally under control so I can eat more healthy foods. I get my first steroid injection on 9/1/04 so my back should start feeling better real soon. :D

Linda, it is nice to "hear" from you also. ;) You should visit the countdown thread. There are a lot of great people of there that I've never "met" until I started visiting that thread. You don't have to close this one out though. We can all check out both. About the chocolate...why not have one piece of dark chocolate and let it melt in your mouth. I promise that it will curb your chocolate craving and dark chocolate is a lot better for you than milk chocolate.

I don't think we should close this thread down quite yet. At least until May 2005 (April Challenge?). :)

I agree that the Countdown Club thread has some (and a lot!) of people on it and there are a lot of great ideas and support. Sometimes, though, there are so many posts that it's hard to read them all in a timely fashion. So I like the slower pace of this one too.

Linda - I think all volunteer groups now have to register to go to the damaged areas to help out. I can get more info if you want, but I can tell you that they will have tons of people coming this weekend to help and I can't imagine that they will turn anyone away. They need sooooooo much help, especially in the Arcadia/Nocatee/Ona area. Many of these people don't even know that help is available because they don't speak English very well and hardly anyone has come to their communities to check on them.

Shelia - I'm glad you're feeling better. Take it easy!

Lynn

Lynn thanks for the infor but I thinks DH is going to sit tight for now. He is really trying hard to get the lay people involved with any volunteer activities. He will wait until he is contact by one of the agencies needs him. I think he is really waiting until they can use his hands. Will keep you posted.

Rose are you out there? I worry when we don't hear from you. Just pop in and say hi.

Shelia hope you back is feeling better and that you'll feel like yourself again.

I weigh on Friday morning and no lose, but no gain:o , so I'll take it and hope for a loss this week. Dinner tonight was a large chef salad, brunch was bacon & eggs. Snack was carb-fix pretzels. Karen called to tell me about these pretzels--fourteen sticks(their thicker stick, and 14 is a good handful). Only 9 carbs for the 14 sticks. I'm not eating a bunch of them and am trying to be much better about what I choose to eat.

Hope eveyone is having a good weekend.
Linda

Hi Linda & Lynn and everybody else!

Lynn, I agree with you....we don't need to close this thread until at least May 2005. (That is when my next cruise is.) I like the slower pace of this thread also.

Linda, congrats on NOT gaining any weight! I know how hard it is not to gain. I'd much rather maintain than gain any day.

Shelia - I did notice a new booked cruise by your name!!! Lucky you! I'm hoping to be booking one soon too for May 2005 on the Explorer of the Seas (second time on it) but I need for things to settle here a bit before I book. Then again.......I need a cruise bad!! :(

Lynn

Hi Jem4life, the orginal challenge was for us to loose 30lbs by the end of April 2004. Some of us came close, I lost 29lbs, and others of us didn't loose as much as we wanted:D . We became a pretty close group of ladies and supported each other through thick-n-thin(no pun intended). Not only did we support each other with weight loss but also through some pretty hairy non-weight problems. When they switched to the new boards, our thread did not make it over, so I started this one. I really missed not hearing from the ladies, that I now consider friends. We are a small group of postets but we always know there is support for any of us here, no matter what the problem. Of course, we are always welcoming new people and so we are all hoping to loose that 30lbs. by April of this year. Who knows, maybe I can make it;) . Come and join us.

Shelia & Lynn, thanks for the encouragement. I feel like you, Lynn, I need a cruise too. Am trying to talk DH into a three day cruise in May of 2005 from Port Canveral. A company is doing a murder mystery cruise with Royal Carribean and since we are both murder myster fans, I thought it would be a perfect get a way:) .

Hope everyone is having a good night.
Linda

Linda - I don't think I ever pledged anything for the old April Challenge :eek: , I just sort of started chatting away with everyone and found some great friends!

Anyway, my pledge for April 2005 is to stay the same weight I am now, even through Thanksgiving and the Christmas season, so I don't have to struggle before next year's cruise. (See I'm being positive about next year's cruise! :D ) I do need to tone up though as I have some excess "skin" that had been stretched from the extra weight over the years.

A Murder Mystery Cruise sounds like a whole lot of fun! But, heck, just a 3 day get-away cruise sounds like a whole lot of fun too!

How's Karen doing and how's Smokey?! My one cat (Priscilla) had a tummy thing going on yesterday afternoon and kind of made a mess around here for a while. Don't know what she got into since she's an indoor cat and I only feed her a good grade of cat food. Last night she was [I]starving[/I] (probably from losing everything in her tummy) and just ate and ate and today is still making up for the "lost" food. Back to her old mischievous self too!

Did your daughter's school start back today?

Better say "good night" and start getting things in order for tomorrow!

Lynn

Ya know, I don't think I ever really pledged any amount weight either for the original April Challenge. Go figure!

Lynn, yes, we are cruising on the Navigator in May. We haven't booked it yet, but got all of our ducks in a row and will book it this week. We were waiting for our friends from Scotland to see if they could go. They called on Sunday and are booking on Thursday. We are waiting to see what cabin they got so we can be close to them. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope I can actually lose the last 15 lbs before we go. I would LOVE to have a tummy tuck before then, but I haven't saved up enough money yet for it. I save a certain percentage of my salary twice a month towards my TT. :D

My weight loss has stalled to a crawl again. I need to get back to exercising and watching my portions.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=gray]Hi everyone. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Linda...did you and your DH have a nice anniversary weekend?[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080]Shelia..how is your back? I hope that you are feeling better by now.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080]I am doing fine. Have had a couple of letters from my son. He seems happy, but a little homesick. I can't wait to see him in October. I am just waiting for the letter with the dates we can see him and then I am going to book my flights.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080]My DD#2 and her DH are talking about taking a cruise in a few months. If they do that, then I think that my DH and I will go with them. I could use another vacation and what better than a cruise?[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080]Talk to you all soon.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#808080]Rose[/color][/size][/font][/b]

You guys mean I didn't have to pledge to loose 30 lbs and you still would let me on this board:eek: . Darn, what a dummy I am. Okay so now I pledge to just loose weight;) . I love you guys and this thread! I always find something to laugh about with you ladies.

Rose it was so good to hear from you. You sound so upbeat! I'm glad your son is doing so well and of course, you will have us all green with envy if you get to cruise in a few month.:) Dh & I haven't gotten away for our week yet. We leave Aug. 29th and will return home Sept.7. I can't wait to get away! We are going to our timeshare, right on the beach in Daytona. Plan to do nothing but sun, swim, read, nap, and enjoy DH.

Lynn, thanks for asking about Smokey! He is a cat with attitude!!! He is a very loving cat but he can get a wild hair up his year end and then look out:eek:
The only bad habit he has is he's a biter. I really don't like it when he bites, sometimes its just a love bit but I have a few scares from where he had drawn blood. We are working with him and trying to get him not to bit. We are always telling him "no bites" sometimes it works and other times:rolleyes: .

Hope everyone is having a great night. I can't wait for this hot weather to go away and then maybe I can get back to walking.

Shelia keeping godd thougts for you and that you weight loss will starting moveing again at a rabbits pace.
Linda

[CENTER][B][COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7]I DID IT!!![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Red][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I booked our next cruise today! We're booked on the RCCL Explorer of the Seas on May 29, 2005!!![/FONT][/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Now we just need to figure out how to pay for it! LOL :D

Lynn

Lynn, I just booked mine also! Navigator of the Seas-May 28, 2005. :D

Thanks everyone for your well wishes about my back. I started back working out last night and it only bothered me a little bit. I'll be just fine once I start getting the steroid injections. :) You guys are great!!!!

[size=6][color=lime]SHELIA & LYNN--I am green with envy!! [size=4]Seriously, you guys have a great time on your cruise. Just remember little ol' me sitting all alone back here:( . I can't wait to hear all about your cruises and how much fun you had.[/size][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#00ff00]Linda[/color][/size]

Linda - Just because I've booked doesn't mean I've paid for it yet!! :D DH wanted me to book a month ago, but I kept putting it off because it's so far off yet and who knows what could happen between now and then. Last night I admitted that I hadn't booked and he says "Why not?" Final payment isn't due for a looooooong time so I went ahead to reserve the cabin we had our eye on.

Shelia - We loved the Navigator! You will too! We chose the Explorer this year because we wanted to go to St. Maartens again instead of Labadee. Both ships are great so either one works for me! We actually have the same cabin number that we had on the Navigator which is 9598.

Linda (again) - I love cats with attitude! I've had 2 over the last 25 years that had real attitude! One of mine now is a biter too when you pet her for a while. She was feral when we got her as a starving kitten so I don't know if that has something to do with it or if she just gets excited when she's being petted. She's spayed now, but she did this before she was spayed too.

Rose - I'm glad your son is doing great! Tell him we're thinking of him and praying for him too.

Lynn

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Lynn...I am also green with envy. I would love to do another cruise soon, but we are unsure of our plans. Maybe we will do one this coming February. We are waiting for DD#2 and her DH to decide if they are going or not. We will know in the next month or so. Thank you for thinking of my son. It helps to know that people are praying for him and that they appreciate what our military go through for us. [/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Shelia...glad to hear that your back is somewhat better. I hope that the steroid injections help.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Linda...thanks for always thinking of me. [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Rose[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[quote name='BuilderMan']A Murder Mystery Cruise sounds like a whole lot of fun! [/QUOTE]
I would realy like to do this some day!

Hi everyone! I thought this thread was lost when the boards moved. I had to leave the boards due to work/ health problems when they were changing. It's nice to see everyone still here. (I miss the pink flamingo you all had though:) )

Melody

[quote name='BuilderMan']Hi Melody! We missed you!! Hey, looks like you've got a cruise coming up in a few days! Where are you going? Lucky you!

Lynn[/QUOTE]

Hi Lynn I'll be going for 15 days on 9/5/04 thru the Panama Canal for the repositioning of the Paradise.

Afternoon to all,

I forgot to weigh in this morning:mad: , so now I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning. AAAAARRRGGGHHH! I'm not sure the scale will have moved or gone down. I need to weigh in so I have point of reference for when I come back
from vacation. I've been only doing so-so with my woe. I need to figure out what will motive me to keep losing other than taking another cruise:D . Am still working on DH for the murder mystery cruise:) .

Hope everyone who weighed in lost this week.
Melody, it is so good to see you back on the board! Please come back and tell us all about your cruise. That cruise is really high up there on my "wish list".

Take Care
Linda

Archived