Any once got any pics of a Family Oceanview Stateroom?

I don't have pictures, but will be sailing in that room at the end of August. I was curious what others have to say about the Family Oceanview Staterooms?

The room will fit six people for sleeping but may seem a bit cramped when you are getting ready unless it's in shifts. My two kids, hubby and myself stayed in #6500 on the Voyager Feb 2005 and since there was only the four of us the kids used the bunks and we used the bed. The sofa couch wasn't ever used other than as a sitting area or changing area.

As far as the bunks go, my son was only just over five feet when we travelled and now that he is 6.1 I would question whether or not he would feel too crammed in to sleep comfortably. It's great if the kids are younger and smaller as it even has a little curtain for them to feel like they have their own fort and we have our privacy too.

I am not sure if all the rooms are similar but this one allowed us to see every port upon arrival and the downfall to us was that it was a bit loud due to the anchor dropping and engines (?) that help manouveur the ship closer to the port early in the mornings when we were trying to sleep.

However, if you want to make it work I am sure you will and have a great trip.:)

We are planning on cruising next summer w/our twins, at the time they will be 4 and our son who will be 5. So 5 of us, but 3 toddlers. I was wondering if this cabin would be better or if paying more for 2 adjoining cabins would be best. Mmmm?

We were next door to one. They had the traditional double bed. And then bunk beds kind of in a closet, and then another single bed and a bed that came down from the ceiling. It seemed to have alot of space. We were in a cabin all the way in the front of the ship. Is this the one you are thinking of. Ours just had the double bed and then the pull out sofa which slept 2. It was an awful room and no storage for the 4 of us.

Archived