Drink Prices

DP

Anyone recently on Regent ships able to provide cost of alcoholic drinks, glass of house wine, cost of bottle of house wine if purchased during day and cost of beer at a bar.

Just back from the Mariner. I didnt purchase wine per se . . . but I did get a beer one evening and some Bailey's in my hot chocolate on several occassions. Basic drinks seemed to run 4.75 to 7.00 in general. Martinis were more expensive and I am sure specialty liquors were as well

When we sailed the PG, it was difficult to actually pay for a drink. There were so many oportunities for free drinks. One thing they did not tell us is that at coctail parties and shows they serve free champagne or other drink, but that you can actually order anything and there is no charge.

The prices quoted sound about right.

The big difference between RSSC and the other lines is

you don't have a tip of about 15% added onto every single bar tab.

That really helps.

Remember that in 2007 there will be no charge for drinks onboard RSSC.

I think that includes the Paul Gauguin ??????

And you still will get your in cabin bar set up upon arrival.

Well, we never had a free drink on the PG in Nov. except for the the special tropical concoctions offered randomly as we sailed away in the late afternoon from some islands in thre Maarquesas............not every island/every evening. There was the odd cocktail party (Captains' reception, SSS reception) but usually, drinks without tabs (read "free") were only available during dinner or if you had to wait for a table (during dinner). Used to be that one could have complimentary wine and beer during lunch on the PG but that left sometime in 2004 I believe. So, if you like your libations on deck at sunset or want a lazy beer/frozen cocktail while lounging by the pool on sea days, be prepared to pay. Unless of course, you bring your booze with you or use your 2 bottle set-up in your cabin.

All inclusive drinks 24/7 begins 2007 (assuming Jan. 1st ?) After this drinks are complimentary. Before 2007, If you enjoy an after dinner drink of any type, make sure to order it while you're still at the dinner table and there's no charge. We always have Sambuca and espresso at the table, no charge. (you don't have to stay at the table to drink it, just get it delivered there).

All inclusive drinks 24/7 begins 2007 (assuming Jan. 1st ?) After this drinks are complimentary. Before 2007, If you enjoy an after dinner drink of any type, make sure to order it while you're still at the dinner table and there's no charge. We always have Sambuca and espresso at the table, no charge. (you don't have to stay at the table to drink it, just get it delivered there).

Does that include premium brands?

Thanks, petlover,

we are new to Regent, and will take our first Regent cruise in spring 2007. Lucky us!

Pincus

Anyone recently on Regent ships able to provide cost of alcoholic drinks, glass of house wine, cost of bottle of house wine if purchased during day and cost of beer at a bar.

Complimentary wine with dinner. This includes room service. I ordered one white and one red for DH and myself. We were given full bottles of each!

Wow, that was clever JXOPF! We were told that even though we were on the 14 day cruise, we still had one in-room bar set up. No extra beers, bottles of wine or champagne, etc. My husband drinks spirits but for me, only wine so after two days, the in-room wine bottle was close to empty. We purchased some in Moorea before boarding so our sunset hour was enjoyed with nicely chilled vin but much more appreciated if it was included. Not sure where the logic is if 1 bottle of Scotch=1 bottle of red.....

Wow, that was clever JXOPF! We were told that even though we were on the 14 day cruise, we still had one in-room bar set up. No extra beers, bottles of wine or champagne, etc. My husband drinks spirits but for me, only wine so after two days, the in-room wine bottle was close to empty. We purchased some in Moorea before boarding so our sunset hour was enjoyed with nicely chilled vin but much more appreciated if it was included. Not sure where the logic is if 1 bottle of Scotch=1 bottle of red.....

I must give credit to the room service steward for planting the idea. When I called to place our order, I asked which wine he'd recommend. He replied, "One of each, but that's up to you!" :p

I also ordered double oj's in "tall glasses" and used our complimentary departure champagne throughout the week to make mimosas.

Ditto for bloody mary mix for DH. One of our two in-room bar setup orders was vodka. We had a total of 3 drinks on our bar bill for the whole week!

That's very interesting, Vaitape. Is it possible you just missed some events that included free drinks? The PG has always been a bit special in that regard, the rest of the fleet don't have quite so many of these parties. Last June I think we had at least four parties in a typical week (we did a b2b.) Hmm, let's see, the sailaway party, the SSS party (doesn't count I guess), the honeymooners party (also doesn't count), bloody mary party debarkation day, motu mahana day (free drinks all day), children of Raitaea, and probably the pareo-tying lessons, not sure...I'm sure I've forgotten one. Of course, you're limited to what they are serving-- rum punches, bloody marys, whatever.

The free drinks at lunch stopped earlier than 2004 on PG, I believe. We were on the ship in 2003, and I *think* they were gone then.

Great idea about room service! We're going to be dodging a formal night on Voyager next week (yeh!), and we will try this ploy!

Wendy, glad you enjoyed the special drinks during the sail away parties, etc. I stand corrected about the 2003 vs 2004 "complimentary beer and wine @ lunch" availability. Seems hard to believe that our first cruise on the PG was in 2003.......and we did have that availability then, at least on the August 7 day cruise. I think that the availability to have gratis liquor is only offered during Motu Mahana day. We don't live to drink alcohol but we haven't found FREE drinks other than fruit juice d'jour mixed with liquor d'jour all that available. Perhaps we just weren't at the right place at the right time. Regardless, we have a blast on the PG and will be returning this year for a another incredible memory making experience.

I think we hit most of the free drinks parties that Wendy mentioned. Also the free open bar on the Bora Bora motu. Our first cruise was a back to back in August - September 2004 and the free wine at lunch will still offered then. In 2004 we didn't catch on to the fact that you could get a free drink of your choice instead of champagne at many of the parties until part way through the cruise. And it wasn't until reading on the boards that we learned before returning in 2005 that you could order free cocktails in the dining room in the evening. From our 24 days on the PG we had a total bar bill of less than $15.

Archived