"LIVE" from the Grandeur 06/04/06

Hello Everyone. There have been a few cancellations due to the weather. The Dockyard Festival was cancelled last night, but the RCI Entertainers that were to perform at the Festival, provided a show in the Palladium Theatre. The Poolside Party and Buffet (Held Late Night) was moved into the Windjammer.

Today seems kind of unsure, due to pending weather conditions, with cloudy skies and raining currently (6AM)……but things can change quickly, and we are going to stick with the plans that we currently have. We will try to go to Hamilton again and go to a couple of beaches that have been recommended (Jobson Beach and Elbow Beach) We may end up at Snorkel Park, or if it is raining Hard, we will just end up at the Clocktower Mall, or Frog and Onion Pub… There is a lot to do at the Dockyard, with lots of shops within walking distance.

Tonight is the “Jump Jivin’ Swing” Production Show, and the Love and Marriage Show. Later tonight is the 50’s and 60’s Dance Party in the South Pacific Lounge. We were told that tonight is Lobster night (Casual). It appears that Casual and Smart Casual is the same…at least we didn’t notice a difference. Sailaway is at 4PM, so lets see what the day brings ! !

Radio

58363598-d3c3-028001E0-.jpg

58363601-ae87-028001E0-.jpg

Does anyone know if the trip to St. George is worth it? How long is the Ferry Ride? When's the time to go, day or night? If one had the choice, which would you choose, St. George or Hamiton?

Great pics and updates, Radio! I see in the background of the picture with you and the Mrs. is headwaiter Tony! He was a blast when I was on the granduer last August.

Does anybody know if they have the love and marriage gameshow on a 5 nighter?

Radio, I must comment that you are still upbeat even with the weather not being bright and sunny. Too many people on these boards complain about everything and it is nice to hear someone say they are having a good time. I love your pics. I am still jealous I am not on this ship with you. Pat

Hello everyone ! It is now 2:30, and the Grandeur will set sail for Baltimore at 4PM. Shortly after my last post, the Sun came out for about 3 hours....and we went to Hamilton again...shopped around a bit, and then went to the Bermuda National State Park, Jobson Bay Beach <sp?>, Elbow Beach, and Horseshoe Beach (my favorite). It started to rain again...heavy rain, and the we went to the Gibson Lighthouse. The Lighthouse was closed, but there was a very nice Teahouse/Cafe and Gift Shop.

So all in all it was a very good day...Some Sun..Some heavy showers, and some clouds !...Hey, the Captain was right on the money. We dropped our scooter off st 2PM, walked around Clocktower Mall for a bit, then rushed to the ship amid some heavy downpour... Right now as we speak, the sun is blazing, and very bright !..It should make for a great sailaway.

Before we left Grandeur this morning, we noticed the Norwegian Crown heading to Hamilton. Well...stopped on the way to Hamilton. She had run aground in the channel....Not Good. The tide was already out, and wouldn't be back until later tonight. Later in the afternoon we noticed that the Crown was loading all passengers to ferries. I am guessing it was to lighten the load.... As of now at 3PM...the Norwegian Crown is still in the middle of the Harbor with the aftr of the ship 7-10 feet below the bow...definitely tilted...Not good. Many Pics to be posted later...

I hope everything will be OK...I heard that many passengers were being sent to the airport to go home. The 2 ships in Hamilton were not allowed to leave until they have the channel depth validated...

Lots of pics to come...

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone.... We are heading back to Baltimore after a great trip to Bermuda...A little wet, but still a great visit to Bermuda. Here are a few pics as promised... I will post the NCL Crown in the next post.

Radio

It started out this morning not looking to good....

58377403-8b1c-028001E0-.jpg

But the sun came out soon after ! !

58377418-cede-028001E0-.jpg

58377424-08c7-028001E0-.jpg

Bermuda National Park

58377604-3e47-025F01E0-.jpg

58377565-3236-028001E0-.jpg

The NCL Crown ran aground while moving from St Georges to Hamilton...

She was in the channel when she ran aground. Several tugboats attempted to pull the Crown out, but it looks like the will wait until the tide comes in, We saw them evactuating all passengers onto the ferries before we left.

Radio

58377472-df50-028001C7-.jpg

58377560-e61b-028001E0-.jpg

58377384-69a4-028001E0-.jpg

58377373-ffbb-028001E0-.jpg

As we were leaving, the Crown was still aground. A tugboat was assigned to Grandeur of the Seas, just in case there were any problems. We had to navigate the exit channel, from the Naval Dockyard.

58377443-ef27-028001E0-.jpg

Wow Radio, up close and personal with the Crown. That stinks for them. It is probably better than the poor people who were on Grandeur when she got her dent. Enjoy your last day tomorrow and bring her into port safe. Take care Radio.

More pics of Bermuda.....

Radio

Map of the Dockyard on the Passenger Terminal

58377391-725d-028001E0-.jpg

Gibson Lighthouse

.58377571-e395-01E00280-.jpg

Sunny Hamilton

58377588-0089-028001E0-.jpg

Horseshoe Bay Beach

58377641-b2f7-028001E0-.jpg

Reefs while leaving The Dockyard

58377646-0ed6-028001E0-.jpg

After your "Live" reports last year from the Grandeur, we booked the 9 day for this year, and we also have the Bermuda run booked for 4 months from now!

Your pictures and reports are just making the waiting much harder....but THANK YOU! Anticipation is half the fun!

By the way...Hello to my neighbor...WVJOHN!

Take Care,

Jaime

Thanks Radio for the great pictures!

Could you tell me what time you sailed from Baltimore and how long did it take to get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge? We are sailing from Baltimore in Oct. and we leave at 4 p.m. We are trying to figure out what time we will be sailing under the bridge. I thought it was around 2 hours to the bridge but someone else on the boards said it took 8 hours. That doesn't sound right to me but maybe I misunderstood her.

Thanks!

Sorry, I am the one who miss understood. I was thinking you said ther Bay Bridge Tunnel. Easy to confuse for those of us who don't go up there much. We passed under the bridge during our early seating dinner which was at 6:00pm. Sorry. :o

From Radio's post #31 on page 1 of this thread:

We have just passed under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.It took us 2 hours from sail away to reach the Bay Bridge.

Could you tell me what time you sailed from Baltimore and how long did it take to get to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge? Thanks!

Just so everyone is clear. The William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge, commonly known as the Chesapeake Bay Bridge spans the Chesapeake Bay from Sandy Point near Annapolis, MD to Maryland's Eastern Shore near Stevensville. This bridge is about 2 hours from the Baltimore pier.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is about 8 hours sailing time from Baltimore and spans the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay from Norfolk, Va to Kiptopeke on Virginia's Eastern Shore. The ship will normally stop near this span for the Bay Pilot to leave or join the ship.

Grandeur sails "under" the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and "over" the Bridge Tunnel.

Sunnie, It is very common to see embarking passengers carrying their gowns. Once on the ship I would think you could at least get to your cabin to hang them up. Lately cabins have been accessible by 1 PM, so why not just arrive at approximately that time.

Archived