Refund of Deposit question

riodog

I have learned a lot from all the posts here. You guys have such wonderful information and I am glad you share.

I have searched this forum regarding the CPP (cancellation protection plan) and am still slightly confused.

Is my deposit refundable in full without purchasing the CPP if I have to cancel my cruise before the final payment is due?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Is my deposit refundable in full without purchasing the CPP if I have to cancel my cruise before the final payment is due?

Absolutely. However, be aware that some travel agencies will assess a cancellation "penalty" of $50 to $100 ... to compensate them for all the work they did in booking it for you ... that they have now lost the commission for. One way to avoid even this TA-imposed cancellation penalty is often if you cancel in favor of a different cruise. If the TA books that one, then usually they will not charge you anything for cancelling the original cruise.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Yes. We had to cancel a cruise and got the entire deposit refunded directly from HAL to the credit card we used. HAL also refunded what we paid for booking a cabana on HMC. Both refunds took a couple of weeks AFTER we had cancelled.

Yes. Both refunds took a couple of weeks AFTER we had cancelled.
Yes refunds are SLOW in coming. HAL takes your money quick, but takes weeks in refunding. They like to keep the float going as long as possible!:eek:

Is my deposit refundable in full without purchasing the CPP if I have to cancel my cruise before the final payment is due?quote]

yes - however depending on the ta yu booked with there may be a cancellation fee----------- you most likely found that out when you decided on picking a ta --------------if yu booked directly with hal there would be no cancell fee

I cancelled a Celebrity cruise to book the one I have on the Volendam.(too many problems with Celeb right now) I paid Celebrity with a debit card in full when I booked it in January. I received my refund to my debit card in 2 days after cancelling. First time I have cancelled a cruise. I was surprised at how quickly they refunded my money. I have booked the HAL cruise through my TA as they (HAL) still allow discounts and I received a nice discount and some goodies. My TA does not charge cancellation charges.

BTW the Celebrity cruise (concierge class) was $381 per day (myself and wife) and the HAL is $350 per day Cat AA. This will be my first HAL cruise and I am looking forward to it.

Archived