Docs but no cabin assignment??

minniegirl

Just received our docs for a cruise on the Westerdam to Alaska July 2nd. We booked a guaranteed balcony and I was expecting to have my cabin assigned before we left but it says O-VD - which I'm assuming is guaranteed. Is this normal?? Also, how do I complete my luggage tags when I don't have a cabin number? Will that hold up delivery of the luggage on the first day?

You've still got a while to go before you sail---you should have your cabin assignment before then. They are usually assigned sometime around 1-2 weeks before sailing (not always, though).

Your TA should let you know when he/she receives the info. You can also check the Immigration form on the HAL board. Until then, dont' complete the cabin # portion of the luggage tags. Even if you don't get the assignment before you leave (and there is a chance of that), there will be a manifest with your cabin # when you turn your luggage over.

It will be delivered.

Have a great time.

Keep checking the immigration forma about once a week right now. Then the last week, if you still haven't been assigned a cabin number, keep checking everyday. Just don't fill out that part of your luggage tag right now.

If you still don't have a cabin number by the time you get to the pier there will be either a HAL representative (in red) or the person incharge of luggage who will have a manifest and be able to give you your cabin assignment at that time.

Thanks so much for the info. I'm still hoping for that elusive "upgrade fairy" everyone talks about. this is the first time we have tried a guarantee and I'll be happy with my guaranteed category but something special would be nice. This particular cruise has been charted by two different groups so I'm not sure how that will affect any guarantees out there. Also, does being a Mariner member help at all?

Minnie,

I understand. This is the first time we booked a garanty cabin and no cabin # yet--we leave in 2 1/2 weeks. It's difficult to be patient. We, too, hope that HAL's elusive upgrade fairy will sprinle fairy dust in our direction, but understand we shouldn't expect it. Just hope to have it before flying to Alaska!

Soooo, I wait (excuse me) WE wait...

How do you check the immigration form?
Go to the HAL website and click on "For booked passengers" at the top of the page. Then on the drop down menu click on "immigration form". Then login to the immigration form with your booking number and last name. This is the form you have to fill out before boarding the ship. On the form if the cabin number has been assigned you will see it.

we just traveled on the statendam to alaska. we didnt get our room assignment until we met the luggage person in vancouver. we were given what i felt was a very nice upgrade so i think there may be a benefit in getting assigned late. maybe we were just lucky but in any event please dont sweat it. you wont have any trouble finding out the room number at the dock

Just received our docs for a cruise on the Westerdam to Alaska July 2nd. We booked a guaranteed balcony and I was expecting to have my cabin assigned before we left but it says O-VD - which I'm assuming is guaranteed. Is this normal?? Also, how do I complete my luggage tags when I don't have a cabin number? Will that hold up delivery of the luggage on the first day?

It's very normal i.e. happens all the time with a guaranteed cabin assignment. Solid advise has alreday been given. Enjoy your cruise and have a good one!

Archived