What's up with the HAL Website?

trixiee

I thought it was my computer being slow but maybe not. I was online over 45 minutes late, late Fri. nite (more like Sat. morning) trying to do our immigration forms. I was finally able to print them out as I was nodding off!

I thought it was my computer being slow but maybe not. I was online over 45 minutes late, late Fri. nite (more like Sat. morning) trying to do our immigration forms. I was finally able to print them out as I was nodding off!
HAL has been having problems with their website since last year when they converted over to the Princess reservation system. There are many threads on this site complaining about the HAL website. How a large company like HAL can let this go for so long is beyond my comprehension. Even there reservation people are experiencing the problems!!!! In my case last week I purchased $1930 worth of shore excursions and was double billed on my credit card!!:eek: It took a week to get it fixed.

HAL has been having problems with their website since last year when they converted over to the Princess reservation system. There are many threads on this site complaining about the HAL website. How a large company like HAL can let this go for so long is beyond my comprehension. Even there reservation people are experiencing the problems!!!! In my case last week I purchased $1930 worth of shore excursions and was double billed on my credit card!!:eek: It took a week to get it fixed.

I also got double billed for my shore excursions by HAL. I called my credit card company and they took care of it in about 5 minutes. I didn't even bother calling HAL, it takes too long to straighten it out that way. I always call the credit card company first because they give you a "conditional credit" for the full amount until they verify an incorrect charge, saving you a lot of time. I also found the HAL website extremely slow.

....Maybe this is why we've had so many problems getting through to HAL's website. They've got a new look, and eliminated much of the "fluff." Here it is. Hopefully, that means it's faster to use.

Oh yes, I've just spent some time over there, and things appear MUCH better. There's even a direct link to cruise specials. Very nice!

Karin

We had so much trouble before we left for our May 21st cruise that we couldn't even book our shore excursions, or complete the immigration forms for 2 of the people staying in our cabin. I believe that this is HAL's weakest link as far as customer service goes. When we arrived at the Port, although my grandson had a ticket there was no record of him on their computer system, so I am not sure what kind of IT people they have hired but I think they got duds and no one seems to care that it only frustrates their passengers either. I was even advised by email to call a 1-800 number and give the immigration information to the Agent, well you can guess what happened when I spent and hour and a half waiting to talk to a live person - "We don't do this" I was abruptly told. A second email said to send them the infor and they would input it.... NOT! It just meant the "Expediter" had to do all the work holding up check in for everyone behind us and I felt so sorry for her, she kept apologizing to us for the website problems.

I haven't been on HAL for a while. I like the look of the new site, but I have had NOTHING but problems for the last week, trying to negotiate it (both before and after the "new look." It's a shame...I was all set to try and book another HAL adventure, but I love to use the websites often - it gets me excited about my trip. I don't know if I should book with HAL or go back to Princess.

It must be an "on again, off again" thing with the revised website, or maybe it depends on what area you go into. I have been on it multiple times a day for the past week in the Shore Ex. bookings part. No problems.

HAL's website is still not functioning properly - I enter all the information on a cruise that I am interested in and every time it has me leaving from a different city than the one I enter. After much frustration I entered another city in my country and was able to bring up the information.

It is Akron, Ohio that keeps coming up - seems odd.

The site is very slow too and it takes a long time to find all the info. That is why I am going to my trusty TA tomorrow and let her handle everything!

Archived