Disembarkment Westerdam 6/4/06

Gramsk

We were scheduled to disembark at 8:15 a.m, our number was called at 7:45, the people that were carrying off their own bags were called at 7:15. Leaving the ship was very easy even with Princess disembarking at the same time. Luggage was easy to find and plenty of porters to help locate and carry bags. We went to the taxi line to get a cab with a lift but where told that Yellow cabs did not have lifts, tried to call the company that brought us to the ship but no answer. I checked with the cruise people on the dock and they set us up with a bus that had a lift, $15.00 per person to the airport, we paid $26.50 for a cab from the airport plus tip. The only draw back to the bus was waiting to fill the bus up. It took about 45 minutes but we still got to the airport by 9:30a.m., plenty of time for our 11:46 flight.

We sure hated leaving the beautiful Westerdam. We arrived home at 9:30p.m with a large bag of dirty laundry and the prospect of having to unpack two more suitcases. It took me six weeks to pack, I was wondering how long it would take to unpack, surprisingly it really didn't take very long. Doing laundry was a different story, five loads later it was life back to normal.

I have uploaded my pictures if you would like to see our trip.

Sorry Gramsk,

I didn't have my signatures turned on. I loved your pictures. I especially liked the way you used the daily program to introduce each section of photos.

We're going to be on Westerdam in September, so this is a real treat.

Thank you.

GN

Gramsk:

What good pictures! Thanks for sharing. Weather in Glacier Bay looked wonderful. No hot chocolate that day! Did you enjoy Prince Rupert? I have always wanted to visit there, and you made it look pretty and inviting. Looks as though you enjoyed a good trip! Welcome Home!

Your itinerary on the Westerdam was different than ours on May 21st. Photos are great. You sure had a better experience disembarking that we did. There were only 3 porters and the luggage was a tangled mess with no rhyme nor reason. Took us over and hour just to clear the luggage and find our vehicle, which was parked right across from the terminal... Doesn't matter, I would go back to Alaska in a heart beat, it was soooo beautiful.

Your photos are wonderful! We are going on this cruise in July and your pictures have really made me eager to go! We are on the same deck as you were so the cabin photos gave me a better idea of what to expect. Thanks for sharing your trip!

Looks like y'all had a great time! We're planning on an Alaska cruise for late summer - possibly on Westerdam. You've been on a number of cruise lines . . . how did Westerdam rate compared to RCCL and Norwegian? And Carnival? Would appreciate your insight from an experienced cruiser . . .

Thanks so much for sharing your photos. DH and I will be on the Westerdam in September so it was fun to see the 'coming attractions'. Your photos have me thinking that maybe I should be thinking of making a second voyage next year (2007) with the kids.

Great pictures:) Brian I too love Sitka. We missed going there this year but since we plan to go on the Noordam next June we will get to go back to Sitka.

I see Carolyn has great taste in clothing I have the same Navy and White jogging suite :D

Looks like y'all had a great time! We're planning on an Alaska cruise for late summer - possibly on Westerdam. You've been on a number of cruise lines . . . how did Westerdam rate compared to RCCL and Norwegian? And Carnival? Would appreciate your insight from an experienced cruiser . . .

I can't do a comparison on RCCL, because that cruise won't be until September, but all reviews seem to say it's an excellant line. The Westerdam is now one of my favorite ships, she is classy, beautiful and the crew are wonderful. I compare Carnival as the K-Mart line, we always have a good time, but Carnival is glitsy. I have enjoyed the Norwegian ships some more than others. But for us all cruises are wonderful, the pampering, the food, entertainment and just being on one is something we enjoy and can't wait until the next time.

Archived