Noordam aft balcony question

jjruiz

If you are booking a suite, I would highly recommend one of the corner aft suites. The balcony is huge and wraps around the side. We sailed the Zuiderdam and had suite 5187 with a VA next door 5185. The suite was incredible, we loved it. One drawback was if you are going to use the Neptune Lounge, its located on another floor. We didn't use it all that much so it wasn't a problem for us, but if you are planning on using the Neptune Lounge alot, I would recommend getting your suite on the floor where the Neptune Lounge is located.

If you are just getting a balcony cabin, the aft ones are great, but be aware with these aft cabin, privacy on most floors is not there, I believe the ones located on the 8th deck, have more privacy than others, but I am sure someone here can verify that for you.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise.

doone, the Noordam aft balconies have more privacy than the other Vista ships because the stern has a steeper angle. I was able to look down from the Lido, but couldn't see the entire balcony, and only one tier.

The corner balconies may still be large, but they aren't as huge as on the other Vistas.

doone, the Noordam aft balconies have more privacy than the other Vista ships because the stern has a steeper angle. I was able to look down from the Lido, but couldn't see the entire balcony, and only one tier.

The corner balconies may still be large, but they aren't as huge as on the other Vistas.

Although those on Deck 4 are the same as the other Vistas - and are the largest on Noordam !

Although those on Deck 4 are the same as the other Vistas - and are the largest on Noordam !

Brian, how about the cabin size? I know on the other Vistas the 5th floor corners are the biggest in sq footage as well as the largest balcony.

Brian, how about the cabin size? I know on the other Vistas the 5th floor corners are the biggest in sq footage as well as the largest balcony.

I couldn't answer that one for ya - only saw the balconies from outside...

:(

Ruthc, thank you for that information on the aft balconies on the Noordam. I had heard something on that, but didn't have the whole story on it, but that's very interesting. The suite 5187 on the Zuiderdam was incredible.

We will be in 7145 and 7142 in about 10 days. This 2 are on the same deck as the NL. I will report back as soon as I return.

Brian, We once had 4180 on the Zuiderdam - are you saying 4180's balcony is larger than the ones will have on Noordam 7145 and 7142?

I knew the Noordam aft balconys were smaller than the other Vistas but I figured they would be about the same as Zuiderdam's 4180.

We will be in 7145 and 7142 in about 10 days. This 2 are on the same deck as the NL. I will report back as soon as I return.

Brian, We once had 4180 on the Zuiderdam - are you saying 4180's balcony is larger than the ones will have on Noordam 7145 and 7142?

I knew the Noordam aft balconys were smaller than the other Vistas but I figured they would be about the same as Zuiderdam's 4180.

Yes, the Deck 4 aft verandahs on Noordam are the same size as the Deck 4 aft verandahs on the other Vistas - but they are also the largest available on Noordam.

Yes, the Deck 4 aft verandahs on Noordam are the same size as the Deck 4 aft verandahs on the other Vistas - but they are also the largest available on Noordam.

That's very disappointing news - I knew they were smaller, but didn't think they would be smaller than Deck 4 since on Deck 7 they are a SB category. Oh well - I know they will still be great Suites.;)

Lisa, I will take lots of pictures and if room will bring a tape measure in the suit case for measuring. 7145 is my parents room which should be the mirror image of 7142 which is my room.

That's very disappointing news - I knew they were smaller, but didn't think they would be smaller than Deck 4 since on Deck 7 they are a SB category. Oh well - I know they will still be great Suites.;)

I'd be willing to bet that HAL designated the Corner Suites on Deck 7 SB's because they are on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge.

Main reason that the Deck 4 corner verandah's are larger is due to the increased width of Deck 4 in relation to the upper decks - about a 12-18" wider on either side...

If you are booking a suite, I would highly recommend one of the corner aft suites. The balcony is huge and wraps around the side. We sailed the Zuiderdam and had suite 5187 with a VA next door 5185. The suite was incredible, we loved it...snip...

Careful... don't book a wake cabin on the Noordam using the deck plans from Zuiderdam, Oosterdam or Westerdam... here's a diagram of the difference (this may not be the deck you're looking for, it's just an example)

UV6-ZUDM-NODM.GIF

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Okay, you guys now have me rethinking this whole aft balcony thing! We're going on the Noordam on 10/25 in VA cabin 5186 (or 5184). I was talking about this with one of the guys I work with, and if I am reading the deckplan correctly, there is 21 feet of balcony space (presuming the same space on deck 5) in the cabin I am going to be in...? I suppose the 33 feet would be nicer, but on the other cruises we've been on, the balcony was only about 4 feet deep, so 21 feet will be quite a change for the better! Just tell me if I am understanding all this correctly.

Also, where did you get the deckplan with the length of the deck listed? All the ones I've seen didn't list that. This is mt first stab at one of these rooms (and our first HAL cruise), so any advise you can give is much appreciated! Great thread!

Keep Smiling!!!

Okay, you guys now have me rethinking this whole aft balcony thing! We're going on the Noordam on 10/25 in VA cabin 5186 (or 5184). I was talking about this with one of the guys I work with, and if I am reading the deckplan correctly, there is 21 feet of balcony space (presuming the same space on deck 5) in the cabin I am going to be in...? I suppose the 33 feet would be nicer, but on the other cruises we've been on, the balcony was only about 4 feet deep, so 21 feet will be quite a change for the better! Just tell me if I am understanding all this correctly.

Also, where did you get the deckplan with the length of the deck listed? All the ones I've seen didn't list that. This is mt first stab at one of these rooms (and our first HAL cruise), so any advise you can give is much appreciated! Great thread!

Keep Smiling!!!

I'm guessing about 10 feet deep and the width of the cabin on deck 5. Since the Noordam balconies were cut to make room for more cabins, they are not as luxurious as on the other Vista ships. You'll still have double the space and a fantastic view to boot! Excellent choice.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

img_v_deck_06.gif

Keep Smiling!!!

That "17 feet to the stern" doesn't relate directly to your balcony - that's how much space is from the verandah door of your stateroom to the aft rail of the ship. Figure about 9 feet deep for your balcony and 10 feet deep for the Deck 4 balconies (they have @ 2 foot overhang) = 17 feet total

Thanks guys for the info. I am really looking forward to this cruise (okay, I look forward to every cruise, but this one is different for some reason). Probably because it was a surprise for my wife for her birthday (today). Candy, I am going to have to introduce you to her. She is known to the people who work for me as Princess Carol, because of the Princess Lessons she offers people she likes (which is almost everyone).

Again, thanks for a great thread (and the deckplan for my deck!)!

Keep Smiling!!!

Archived