cruiseline airfare

coveman

When you use cruiseline airfare does that mean the flight from you're hometown to the port of embarkation and then from the port of debarkation back to you're hometown is included in the price? I ask because the price seems really low.

Yes. But, if the price seems really low, try pricing it at Orbitz or something similar rather than your favorite airline website. Princess might use some creative routing in exchange for the low fares, and you might be able to beat those if you can look at a lot of different routings/carriers/etc. at once. Then, again, it may be a charter you can't beat fare-wise

Normaly its a add on, extre fee, Sometimes they have air included deals, if thats the case then its free air, but it is usually stated free air.

I just book air myself from FLL to SFO for $350 Princess air was $599

Last Year RCCL air from Mia to San Juan was $300 and the best I could find was $420. So you never know

There are pro's and con's with cruise line air

Cons: Price, sometimes 2 or 3 layovers sometimes same group different flights or different seats. Not always

pros, ship will wait if flight is late, (for a while) Price, less stress about your own air.

As stated above, it could very well be a charter, especially if it is a South American or "Exotics" itinerary. We have used Princess air a number of times and have been happy with them. If you want to "deviate" though, such as go in a day or 2 early or stay post cruise for a day or two, then you must pay a $75 fee per person plus any extra cost for the flight. It is usually worth it as the price is so good to begin with. On a transatlantic cruise a few years ago we had to fly to Copenhagen and then home from NYC. I actually ended up paying the deviation fee twice (couldn't make up my mind :o ) and still saved money. Everytime I changed flights the cost of the flights went down enough to cover the deviation fee. :D It is always a good idea to check the flights on Expedia or Travelocity so that you have a ballpark figure before signing up for Princess air.

We are doing a TA cruise on the Golden this fall from Rome to New Orleans. We live near Orlando Fl and when I reserved the cruise through Princess I was pleasantly surprised at the relatively low cost of the airfare. I then called Princess to change the date for the flight to Rome because we wanted to go over about a week before the cruise, Nov 23 instead of Nov 28. They were able to make the change for the $75 change fee. We now fly from Orlando to Philadelphia and then from there to Rome. We have our window seats together on both those flights. The only disappointment was they had problems rescheduling a flight home from New Orleans to Orlando so we will be flying out the day the cruise returns which means no extra time in one of our favorite cities.

I have checked many of the airline reservation sights and have not found any prices anywhere near as cheap as Princess was able to offer us. Now it may be the prices will come down between now and then but for right now cruiseline arranged airfare is looking good.

Have a great next cruise.

We will be flying down to San Juan in January to cruise of the Crown. I had tentavely booked air with Princess. However, I have been doing some searching and found a fare a lot cheaper on my own. They have us booked at $499 each and I was able to get it at $268 each. We are also going down a day early and that would have cost us an additional $75 with Princess.

When do they give you the flight schedule and do you get to pick the seats?

Generally, you will find out your flight schedule at 30 to 60 days out. The cruiseline doesn't assign your seats, so when you get your flight schedule it is your responsibility to call and get seat assignments, but at that late a time you may not have that much of a choice of seat assignments.

I did not read each response in detail, but often the air fare is not from your hometown but from a close major airport. You need to check and see what airport your are flying from and back to. Ask your TA to get the info for you

90% of the time it is less expensive to book your own air. I would suggest flying in the night before and stay at a hotel so you won't have to get up at 4am to make that 6am flight. The couple next to us at dinner the first night had to get up at 3am to make thier flight. Thier eyes were closing at dinner and nodding off. They were soooo tired after getting only 4 hours sleep.

We flew in the night before our cruise and landed at 6pm, Went to grab dinner and to the hotel. Still saved about $200 vs booking through the cruise line. And we were able to sleep in the day the cruise took off.

I wish that we would have booked our own airfare... we booked with Princess and we are flying out at 12:20 am sat morning from seattle and have like 3 stops and arrive in florida at 11:20 and will then go onto the ship.. nothing like being beat tired before vacation!

Archived