New bedding (Merged)

I just returned from the Mediterranean on the Splendour and she was all set up with new beds, bedspreads and pillows. The stateroom looks very chic with the new decor and the beds are much more comfortable for sleeping and reading.

The Windjammer looks good, too. Very modern and neat and clean. Nautical decor. They now have a row of bar stools and a counter facing the ocean where you can sit and eat. Maybe room for 10 people there.

I was impressed with the "new look". Everything was very tidy and tasteful. She definitely looked like a "younger" ship and not showing her age.

Any questions, I'll be glad to help out. JR

OK - I'm a bonified bed snob - I don't even try to deny that! I'm so bummed that the Jewel is not going to be 'retro-fitted' until after I sail. Oh well, guess I'm packing my pillow...and our 3 yr olds down pillow and duvet and the 17 yr olds pillow.....! :D

Leah

I just returned from the Mediterranean on the Splendour and she was all set up with new beds, bedspreads and pillows. The stateroom looks very chic with the new decor and the beds are much more comfortable for sleeping and reading.

You wouldn't happen to have any pics? We're sailing the Splendour in a few months and I'd love to see her new look. :)

Okay, now we have the schedule of the new bedding but my question now is how are they doing it if the ship isn't dry docked?? I will be on Explorer of the Seas AUG 25th pretty much in the middle of the schedule. I am in a JS and hope they work either suites down or deck 10 down.

Any particular order like deck 10 down. Or, suite catagories on downward, or the other ways around?? Also would they change your stateroom bedding while your out of the room for the day, or only unbooked rooms. That would seem to make it hard doing unbooked rooms only. What happens if its a full ship??

We sailed on the Carnival Legend last year and it was in the middle of their big bedding switch. According to postings, the Legend wasn't due to get the new bedding for a few months. Our sailing was delayed for almost an hour in NYC and we watched them loading new mattresses and bedding while we waited for sailaway. They must have switched out certain cabins on certain days because by the second day of the cruise, my parents had all the new bedding in their cabin, and we got ours about 2 days later. So the ships definitely don't need to go into drydock...they can do it while sailing and it seems that they can do it pretty quickly.

Tammy

Hi Tammy, do you mind if I ask what cabins your parents and you were in. Trying to figure out, like others here, what kind of order they are re-doing the bedding. Do they start on deck 10 and work their way down, etc.?

Thanks

I heard from another post somewhere that they would start in the highest catagories (suites) and work down. don't know if there's any truth and can't even find that post anymore but I remember reading it somewhere.

That may have been one of my posts, but I was just speculating - I have no inside knowledge whatsoever. But if they're doing it over a period of time as opposed to all at once in drydock, it makes sense that they would start with the higher categories and work their way down. Then again, it would make sense to start on the higher decks (which often correspond to higher categories, 'tho not on all ships) and work their way down, too. Time will tell!

Bedding on the Legend of the Seas has now been changed.It was done on its present voyage to the Med.

Did you find any difference after they had changed it all??, in October we will be on our 3rd Transatlantic cruise aboard the Legend and wondered whether there was much difference, although in saying that, we have found the beds/bedlinen on the Legend to be very adequate in the past.

John & Margaret

Archived