Uniworld Tour Dress Code

cruisencrazy

Taking the Uniworld River Queen Castles Along the Rhine on July 16. Any suggestions of what is best to wear or bring along while touring would be helpful. Will also have our kids with ages 14 and 16. Any suggestions for them would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

cruisencrazy,

Dress code for shore tours usually is casual. Shorts are not very common in Germany and Europe. So the best way to identify yourself as American is wearing shorts, Hawaii shirt and sports shoes :D . Zip-off pants are o.k., jeans or dockers, t-shirts, polos.. Don´t forget some comfortable walking shoes. You might have to climb steep stairs, paths or walk over cobblestones.

steamboats

We did the Uniworld Grand cruise (Amsterdam to Budapest) in 2002. As the previous poster indicated, casual daytime wear works. I basically took capris and jeans. With the cobblestones (which there were many), comfortable shoes is a must. I also would recommend a waterproof raincoat (since we got caught in at least one terrible rain storm while out on one of the tours).

For dinner, it seemed that the dress code was more relaxed than on other cruises we have sailed. The only night that people really dressed up a bit more was for the captain's cocktail party. Otherwise, I got by with casual dresses and skirts. What I took for the formal night was a fun pants outfit that would be considered too informal for a regular seven day cruise on Princess or Carnival, but was OK for this cruise.

• 1 year later...

If I have to go get a Hawaiian shirt to be identified as an American, I sure will. I'm damn proud to be American. It would be nice though for an Eupopean to say thanks once in awhile.

Jim

If I have to go get a Hawaiian shirt to be identified as an American, I sure will. I'm damn proud to be American. It would be nice though for an Eupopean to say thanks once in awhile.

Jim

Thanks for what?

Archived