Voyager Class Ships

I think the great debate is going to be either a "hump" cabin or an aft cabin. The hump cabins are great since they are central, close to the elevators and you can see forward and aft very well. Other people like the aft cabins for there larger balconies. Its a good bit of what your personal preference is.

We are trying a aft cabin on our next cruise. Normally I would vote for the hump so we would be closer to the stairs/elevators, but since we've never done aft before, who knows maybe we'll love it.

I also would vote for being higher. Not sure why, but I like being close to the top!

Mark

We had cabin 7318 on Voyager and LOVED it. It was right in the center of the hump so we could see forward and aft. It was our first cruise and now I think I'm hooked not only on cruising, but I think I'll have to have a balcony every time, also!

Pam

Voyager 5/04

If you go to this web site, http://www.cruisestateroom.com/RC/adventure.htm, and then choose deck 6,7,8, or 9, you will get a layout of the ship and can see where the hump rooms stick out a little on the curve by the mid elevators.

We just need some of those aft lovers to come in and tell us how great those rooms are! Really, I would like the reassurance that we will like our rooms back there!

Have a great trip, any room on the boat is better than my bedroom at home.

Mark

I was on explorer three years ago and navigator last year. two years ago i was on carnival pride if you were wondering. Navigator has a beautiful attrium..... the decorations are nice :D All the ships are basically the same and have ice skating rinks and such just the designs are different. I'm going on mariner in a few days.

If you go to this web site, http://www.cruisestateroom.com/RC/adventure.htm, and then choose deck 6,7,8, or 9, you will get a layout of the ship and can see where the hump rooms stick out a little on the curve by the mid elevators.

We just need some of those aft lovers to come in and tell us how great those rooms are! Really, I would like the reassurance that we will like our rooms back there!

Have a great trip, any room on the boat is better than my bedroom at home.

Mark

Kind of like "a bad day at sea is always better than a good day at work"?

Thanks so much for the great link! Wonderful shots of the cabins!! We are doing a little of both, center ship with larger balcony (though not as big as the aft balconies!), as we booked into on of the GS suites.

Cheers!

I was on the Explorer May 30. We had cabin 9652, port side aft. Great cabin. I loved the balcony. People are always complaining about having to walk so far to a aft cabin, but its a great way to walk off some of those pounds you gain on a cruise.

In deciding between "hump" and aft on Voyager class ships, it is well to consider that there are some structural metal beams that cross the view of aft cabins on decks 9-6. I belive deck 10 aft is affected less so with these. One of these cruises I want to try a "hump" , but so far am addicted to the aft! I need that long walk!

Thanks for all of your great feedback! I'm doing research for a friend who is planning to cruise next year. I'm a big fan of Celebrity's aft cabins...you are right...once your aft, you'll never go back! Thanks especially for the photos, they are very helpfull!

Happy Cruisin'....Cindy Sue

Archived