Live From The Crown !!

cruisesusie

Mindy, I am the exact oppostie of you....I work so hard at such a fast and furious pace, as does my husband, that lying around on chairs IS our vacation escape! Often we skip ports just to relax, enjoy the quiet, and read! BUT I am not going to pay for the privilege...

Netnurse, We were in a Vista Suite on the June 14th cruise - what would you like to know?

EVERYTHING! LOL

Do you have any pictures of the suite? How was the balcony furniture? Was it teak like the suites on the rest of the line or aluminum like the other cabins. Did you have any trouble getting the perks associated with the suite? Did you use room service? Did you have any dry cleaning sent out and if you did, when did it get returned to you?

I'd love to see some pictures. If you have any that you could send by e-mail I'd greatly appreciate it. Netnurse31@aol.com

Thanks a bunch!

tareed,

Quick question about traditional dining. Did you notice many empty seats at the tables? We are confirmed for 1st seating but really wanted 2nd seating. How hard is it to change from one seating to another?

Also, is it true if you eat one night at one of the speciality restaurants, you will lose your confirmed dinner assignment?

We sail on 7/2.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

erinsmommy,

I'm in the same boat as you!!! (ha, ha, no pun intended!!) I am also cruising on the crown oct. 18th with a 7yr boy and 4 yr old girl and very curious about the childrens program, activities, pool, etc... I found a pic on a web site that showed a splash/toddler pool with a small slide but that's it so far. Did you find out anything else? If so, please share!!!

Thanks and look forward to your reply

Hey Guys,

My mom had a question about Dunn's River Falls. She was wondering if you wear your bathing suits there and if you have to wear old shoes when your going up it.. If anyone knows let me know..!!

Thanks

Tyler

Crown Princess 7/11

erinsmommy,

I'm in the same boat as you!!! (ha, ha, no pun intended!!) I am also cruising on the crown oct. 18th with a 7yr boy and 4 yr old girl and very curious about the childrens program, activities, pool, etc... I found a pic on a web site that showed a splash/toddler pool with a small slide but that's it so far. Did you find out anything else? If so, please share!!!

There are some shots of the Pelicans area here (3-7 year olds)

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551672259&security=UtxeYx

Please post any info and pictures of the Vista Suite you stayed in.

Thanks in advance....

How was the view? (ok it is a silly question)

Was it totally private?

Could you smell smoke from other locations?

How was the cabin layout?

Was it noisy or quiet?

Was the balcony very hot with no wind?

Also, is it true if you eat one night at one of the speciality restaurants, you will lose your confirmed dinner assignment?

No, this is not true. Whether you eat at a specialty restaurant one night, three nights or more, you will not lose your confirmed dinner seating.

Hey Guys,

My mom had a question about Dunn's River Falls. She was wondering if you wear your bathing suits there and if you have to wear old shoes when your going up it.. If anyone knows let me know..!!

Thanks

Tyler

Crown Princess 7/11

You CANNOT climb the falls in "flip flops". It is HIGHLY recommended that you wear shoes that you can tie. The falls can be steep and slippery in spots. You really don't want your shoes coming off. My wife and son did it with a guide. I seem to remember rental shoes being available, but i'm not entirely certain on that point. Just as an FYI, there are some very interesting locals that you should be on the lookout for in the parking lot. They were not selling wood carvings either.

Thank you all for the information and details and sharing your thoughts. Can anyone tell me about the Wheelhouse Bar? Princess advertised that it was going to serve "pub grub" on the Crown but I haven't read any comments about it. Do they have food in there and, if so, what is their idea of pub grub? Do we have to pay for it or is it included?

Again, thank you all!

erinsmommy,

I guess the picture I found was the same one as yours. The childrens pool is cute, but seems VERY small! We went on the NCL Dawn last year and the childrens area included several small pools with several slides and dinosaurs and such.

Don't fret though, I heard the childrens play areas are very nice and heard nice things about the kids "camp". It's available 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10, with $5/hour from 10-1am. I have a 3 1/2 year old girl, so I guess our children will be playing with each other at some point !

Keep in touch, we can exchange information as it comes.... :)

tomsrivergirl@yahoo.com

-Chrissy

Hi, Chrissy, just saw your email address. I grew up in Lakewood, went to St. Mary Academy and then Lakewood High. We used to play TRHS in football:).

Small world...

Woah, where in Toms River Chrissy, I live in TR as well. Small world.

No problem sharing - I'll try to send pics when I get home (on the road w/ work:( ): Caution...this is gonna be long

The location was perfect in our opinion. It is the last room at the end of the hall. There is one balcony room next door and unfortunately they smoked. The breeze swirled around the back of the ship which caused their smoking to work its way onto our balcony a couple times - hit or miss and unfortunately not something you can plan on. The balcony furniture was all teak with padding, beautiful and comfortable. There were two lounge chairs, four regular chairs and a round table and plenty of room to move around. Two full size sliders out to the deck, one from beside the bed and the other from the sitting area so that should give you an idea of the width of the deck. The sound of the wake kicked up behind the ship was constant (unless at port :) and was like a heavy, steady waterfall. If there were other sounds around, the wake drowned it out in a good way. This room was the quietest room we have had on any cruise. No sounds of footsteps, kids running, talking in the hall or door slams were heard during the entire cruise as there was no reason for any foot traffic past our room since we were at the end of the hall and around the corner. We had one room service breakfast that arrived quickly and was 80% correct. I guess we ordered near the end of the dining room breakfast time ~9:45 and a couple of items were not available.

As far as perks: full menus from the dining rooms for all meals were changed out each day and available via room service if desired; daily door card with choice of 6 or 7 complimentary fancy snacks (they call them deluxe canapes), we only ordered chocolate covered strawberries - delivered at our specified time between 4pm and 10pm - for our kids as a bedtime snack each evening;free mini bar set up including 6 sodas (graciously changed to all diet coke by our steward at our request on day one), miniatures 2ea Smirnoff, Canadian Club, Courvoisier,and stoli plus 2 Dos Equis beers - you pay for any over and above the initial set up; 2ea cocktail glasses, tumblers and wine glasses; a fresh flower arrangement that lasted the length of the cruise; Beautyrest bed as comfortable as home; dvd player and free access to current dvds ordered and delivered through the steward (max 2 at a time); mini bottles of toiletries instead of the squeeze packets; thick cotton terry robes instead of the waffle weave available to other cabin guests; tile bathroom w/ glass enclosed shower and separate full size whirlpool tub (complete with jar of bath crystals and spoon); free use of the internet cafe (you swipe your room card like everyone else to get online and each day the amount used was credited back to our onboard accounts), made the times that the computers froze up or slow access (like old dial-up) more tolerable; and the perk that was the most beneficial, we found, was the complimentary laundry and dry cleaning. We would fill up a bag a day, leave the bag and detail slip on our bed in the morning and the clean/pressed laundry was returned by 6pm the next evening. We made sure we sent every piece of dirty laundry out 2 days before the end of the cruise and went home with suitcases full of clean clothes ready to put away when we got home. Undies and socks came back folded in bags and everything else back pressed and on hangers. We could have brought 1/2 the amount of clothes.

What did I miss?...

No, this is not true. Whether you eat at a specialty restaurant one night, three nights or more, you will not lose your confirmed dinner seating.

cws,

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that since we started off on a waitlist and we would hate to end up in Anytime dining after all that wait!

Maraprince

Trainman...

Thanks for your advice. We just wanted to make sure we had the right stuff with us so we didn't have any trouble.

Tyler

CROWN PRINCESS 7/11

Tyler, you can get aqua socks/water shoes at Sports Authority, Dicks or even Eckerds. I saw them today in Boscov's, but I don't know where you live. :)

PACruisnfamily: thanks for all of the info regarding your suite! I loved reading all of the details. The laundry/dry cleaning option sounds great...maybe i should take a few things out of my suitcase! :o ...just have a couple of questions:

Did anyone in your party use the sofa bed? and if so how did they sleep?

Did you happen to notice the electrical outlet situation? Were there enough around for your needs? I just have the usual stuff...camera charger, laptop...

Did you use any of the "priority" perks....boarding, disembarkation, dining reservations, luggage delivery...if so how did that work out?

Thanks for your reply!

jane

Archived