Seward to Anchorage

KAYEF

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get from Seward to Anchorage using a HAL transfer? Is it better to make independent arrangements?

What's the earliest I should book a flight the day we disembark?

THANKS!:)

We took the HAL train transfer, I believe we were the first to disembark- I believe the train ride was about 3 hours long....the bus is slightly longer by maybe 1/2 hour the most, if I remember what I was told....

We arrived at the airport approx 11:30 a.m. ( maybe a bit earlier)...there was an area where we could claim our luggage - and then we went to check in at Air Canada for our flight to Vancouver, which departed at 2 pm...we had plenty of time to walk around and stretch our legs, eat lunch etc....

I checked with HAL to make sure (even tho I used a TA, I called HAL direct) to make sure I had enough time to make my flight.......

The train transfer was well worth the additional money, the scenery was beautiful!!

CJcruzer

I did the train transfer thru HAL, and the process was seamless. Booking independently may be more trouble than it's worth. Saw some beautiful scenery - and a moose - along the way.

Roz

Well, THANKS for that piece of information. My TA never mentioned a TRAIN transfer, just told me the transfer was $65. so I imagine it's by bus.

I'll have to contact him............how did you learn of the train transfer? Can I find infol regarding that on the HAL site?

I booked the HAL train transfer with my TA when I did my entire Alaska booking. We met a couple on the Yukon Pass Railroad, and when I mentioned we were taking a train also in Seward, she went to the excursion desk to change from the bus transfer to the train transfer - apparently she had no problems....If I remember correctly the train was may $100 or $135 pp - but well worth it, lots of beautiful scenery through Whittier, moose right up close to the tracks, a few mountain goat, etc.

CJcruzer

My agent did the same thing - booked the bus transfer for me. I didn't find out about the train until I looked at the info they gave us onboard. We upgraded to the train thru the shore excursion desk. They gave us credit for the bus transfer.

Roz

THANKS AGAIN for your information...............the train sounds lovely and perhaps an earlier departure time.

When we were in Seward last summer, I saw train cars sitting there waiting for passengers and had forgotten about that method of travel.:p

Archived