Noise On Zenith Atlantic Deck

deck chair

Hi!

I have not been on the ZENITH for ten years. Thinking of returning to BERMUDA. Wondering if those cabins directly beneath MARINA deck (locale of pool, lido and Fleet bar) are noisey. Any guidance much appreciated. Thanks!

Patrick

We were on Zenith's sister, Horizon, last year and we were in an Atlantic Deck cabin (1016). We would hear running footsteps from the Marina Deck above in our cabin maybe 4-5 times a day and that was it.

Here are some notes we have collected from several threads that might be helpful (We can't comment on their accuracy since our upcoming New Years Eve cruise on Zenith is our first)

SUMMARY FROM NOTICE BOARDS

Noise

Atlantic- Deck 10 Cabins under the pool- Doug Ward- Berlitz advises pool deck noise from above

2005- We just spent two and 1/2 days in suite 1024. There is most certainly noise every single morning. I am a very heavy sleeper but the noise woke me from a sound sleep every morning. They must pick up the chairs and literally drop them onto the deck. You'll hear it for about 10-15 minutes and then all is quiet. You may hear some noise at night when they pick up the chairs too, but it's not quite as loud and most nights we weren't in the room to hear it.

I also heard low thumping bass noises in the afternoons when the music was loud at the pool. I took ear plugs and we usually turned on the radio to classical music to cover some of the noise. It wasn't outrageous but it was bothersome when trying to take a nap. Again, we weren't in the room most afternoons, but occasionally we were.

We were in cabin 1040 and heard no noise what so ever except from the cabin next to us. Thank goodness they were friends as we could carry on a conversation with them in the mornings, especially while in the bathroom. This was probably our biggest disappointment with the ship: the worst sound proofing I have ever heard of, worse than the cheap motels we use to stay in when our kids were swimming year around and we traveled often.

We were in 1025 and I brought earplugs, just in case. Never unacked them. We could hear the island party in full swing at the elevators and I was a bit nervous that night. No problem whatsoever.

I have had 4 kids in the past 6 years and am the world's lightest sleeper since then too!

We were in Room 1047 during college spring break. I did not find the noise in the early morning all that bad - and I am a light sleeper. Yes during the day when there is a band it is a bit noiser but nothing I couldn't handle or would keep me from sleeping I would have hated being on the other floors - another nice thing is that there are no interior cabins - lots less people!!! Yes you can hear people thru the bathroom walls but not any worse than in a hotel

We were in 1095 last November. In my opinion, it's the best cabin on the ship. It's 3 steps out to the back deck (which has lounge chairs and a great view) and only 1 flight of stairs up to the Windsurf Cafe. There is no deck outside the window, so it's very private. We booked it again, and 1093 for the kids, next March. Enjoy!

Do you find any noise from those going in and out? = I didn't notice any noise at all. There was some slight vibration when the engines were really fired up.

Any CC cabin that is not under the pool deck. We learned that a few cruises back. After a pool deck party or while cleaning the deck it can get quite noisy. Moving the tables and putting (or throwing ) the deck chairs and lounges back in place. We still always book a CC cabin because of convenience to the upper deck.

I was in 1006 on Horizon last year (Zenith's sister) and 1025 last month on Zenith, and had very little noise at all. Certainly nothing that disturbed me. Now, granted, I live in a city and sleep through garbage trucks and barking dogs, so if you are someone who is more sensitive your experience may differ.

Hi!

I have not been on the ZENITH for ten years. Thinking of returning to BERMUDA. Wondering if those cabins directly beneath MARINA deck (locale of pool, lido and Fleet bar) are noisey. Any guidance much appreciated. Thanks!

Patrick

We just returned from Zenith Bermuda cruise (sailed 6/10) and we had cabin #1090--last starboard cabin aft. It was terribly noisy. Both from the moving of deck chairs above in the grill and the engine noisy from below. I would not advise an aft cabin because of this. Our friends were on the port side a few cabins up and had the same problem. The best cabins CC class are mid-ship. Much smoother ride and less noise.

We stayed in cabin 1058 and found the walls paper thin. There was an 18 month old baby in 1056 and he cried constantly. The mother and her friend left him with babysitters in the evening and the sitters resorted to walking the halls to shut him up. It was very annoying. Other than that we did not experience any noise at all.

We are booked on this ship again and this time we will be in the aft section. Since there are no balconies we want to be near the back decks. Hopefully we won't have an annoying child near us.

Just avoid getting an adjoining cabin unless you know the people in the other cabin. I have heard with the adjoining door you can hear everything.

Archived