strollers onboard?

I am sure you will regret it if you don't bring a stroller. But, PLEASE, for everyone's sake, bring individual strollers or one of the inline type. DO NOT bring a side by side. The hallways are narrow and you will have difficulty when the room stewards have carts out and it is almost impossible for people to walk by in the hallways when you are using a side by side stroller. Be considerate, please!

is it necessary to bring a stroller or is it even needed we have 2year old twins and the ship looks pretty big anyone have any suggestions?thanks:)
I'll repeat the advice that I read the last time I saw someone post this question: Let them walk everywhere. They'll be so tired that they'll fall asleep early and sleep VERY deeply.

And that's a good thing. :D

I'll repeat the advice that I read the last time I saw someone post this question: Let them walk everywhere. They'll be so tired that they'll fall asleep early and sleep VERY deeply.

And that's a good thing. :D

Especially for those in the cabins next to them ;) ;)

###

on a different thread a poster suggested getting an adapter that connects two umbrella strollers together. I believe they just snap on the two inside handles and 2 insides legs. Very simple and it gives you options of taking them apart if you need to. Also what about a back carrier for going to the pool. One in the carrier and one in an umbrella stroller. Try this link for and example. Hope this helps.

http://www.nextag.com/Prince-Lionheart-Stroller-Connectors-55801192/prices-html?nxtg=8fe0a1c052b-B6C1C72B2C8F1E09

I took my daughter three years ago when she just turned two on a cruise. We DEFINATLY brought a stroller and I suggest you do the same. IT was a great spot to nap as we were out and about. She did have alot of time out of it.... but at the same time it controlled her too. I understand you have twins. A double wide I think, would not be a good idea since the hallways are narrow, and the rooms are sooo small. May I suggest getting two stroller umbrellas (Hopefully you are sailing with another adult). Where one adult pushes one and the other pushes the other child. If you are on shore you can get those attachements to connect them...

hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!! regardless, take a stroller ITS A LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you all very much for your advice i had planned on letting them walk as much as possible to wear them out as one of you said but there are times they will get tired as the ship is very large.We do have the attachment to the umbrella strollers i think thats what we will do thank you:D

Just chiming in to add that a stroller for little ones that age WILL be a necessity - trust me, if adult legs can get tired walking a ship that size, your babies won't stand a chance!! It's all well and good to let them walk and burn off energy.....but little ones that age will burn out quickly, and without a stroller you will definitely find yourself carrying them (possible looooong ways) at likely very inconvenient times!

Ditto to the sentiments on a side-by-side. They are too wide to fit in the hallways. We have access to one for our twins, but are not going to use it for that very reason.

If your twins use the stroller a lot, it would certainly be to your advantage to bring it. From experience, I will say that it makes long trips, say from one end of the ship to the other, much easier.

That being said, I like Merion Mom's advice: Make 'em walk & wear 'em out.

UGH! The thought of hauling my toddlers (just turned three and almost two) around a ship without the option of a stroller is scary. I can't move in three directions at once and my two boys seem to multiply in interesting situations. A stroller will be a godsend at meals and in the gift shop!

That said, take it and make em walk as much as possible. A toddler looks so cute asleep. At least mine do. They're destructive forces of nature the rest of the time! Bless em.

on a different thread a poster suggested getting an adapter that connects two umbrella strollers together. I believe they just snap on the two inside handles and 2 insides legs. Very simple and it gives you options of taking them apart if you need to. Also what about a back carrier for going to the pool. One in the carrier and one in an umbrella stroller.

A TWO year old in a back carrier?!?!?!??! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL. That was my first thought also.:D

beachchick

That's not so strange at all. They have those hiking type of backpack carriers that I see families use all the time. My 2 year old only weighs 23lbs so she would fit nicely in a backpack carrier that goes up to 40lbs.

Something like this...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-0565159-5136952?asin=B0007NC7K6&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B0007NC7K6|Chicco_Smart_Support_Backpack_-_Red&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

I wouldn't say it's the most convenient option but it could work.

Archived