You would never Belive this!

Az_Redneck

Here we are getting ready to leave for our cruise and I go online and find out that I am a victim of identity theif! We leave for Florida in ! Hour!:mad: Some A** is charging bake ware to my account! Everyone PLEASE BEWARE. Don't know how they got our number but they did! GLAD we caught it before we hit the Bahamas. Check your bank accounts.

LOL. I keep "the money" hidden from mine under the vacuum cleaner. :eek:

To ensure the safety of my "money" from DW.. I hide my money under the lawn mower seat.

OP.. I hope that they catch the B!@#!&* :mad: that got your number. Good you caught it early!!

Enjoy your trip..:D

Happened to me last year. Right after I paid in full my cruise and the people that were going with us (roughly $100 charge), I also got hit for a $500 charge for a computer repair and sales company in Florida. I disputed, the credit card reversed the charges and I changed my credit card number.

But I also caught it 2 months before we were supposed to leave on the cruise.

Hubby and I had it happen to us twice...one with our bank account and the second time with one of our credit cards.

The sad part is, it takes the bank a WHILE to reverse the charges (well at least ours did) because we had to file all kinds of claims with the Fraud Department.

The credit card company, however, reversed the charges immediately.

I still think those banks that issue the Visa/Mastercard debit cards need to get it together and work as quickly with something like this like an actual credit card company does.

Sorry that happened you and I hope you get it resolved quickly.

Here we are getting ready to leave for our cruise and I go online and find out that I am a victim of identity theif! We leave for Florida in ! Hour!:mad: Some A** is charging bake ware to my account! Everyone PLEASE BEWARE. Don't know how they got our number but they did! GLAD we caught it before we hit the Bahamas. Check your bank accounts.

The last time I found Bakeware products on my Carnival SeaMiles card, I called the FBI and after further investigation, it was WENDY !!!! she was totally busted. She was sentenced to her bedroom to watch 9 hours of Teletubbies :D

Someone tried to charge my business mastercard once.....I received a phone call from the fraud department...and we cancelled the card right away.

Cancel the card immediately and they can re-issue you a new one. It can be couriered out to you quick as a blink and you will be ready to go.

But cancel the original card right now. Who ever has it might try again, or they might sell it to someone else to try.

Rbon

I don't know for sure, but it seemed weird that Carnival is based in Florida and I was charged for a computer company in Florida. Maybe just a coincidence but who knows. I will be very torked if I get my next credit card bill and it has my final Carnival payment and another purchase like last year.

Guest YesitDonna

I had my debit card number stolen and all the charges were done in Florida, although I hadn't been to Florida. They steal the number and sell it. They then create a new physical card with your number and a different name that they have an ID for. I had over $5000 out of my account... the least they could have done was book me a cruise! LOL When my BF and I were on our May cruise we came home and found out HIS card had now been compromised! They had charged arilines ticket and some trip from a travel agency in Germany! You would think it would be easy to track someone down that used it to buy tickets for a trip where they will for need to have proper name and ID to travel.

LOL. I keep "the money" hidden from mine under the vacuum cleaner. :eek:

Ouch!!!

You best be "using" that vacuum now after that comment! :p Comments such as that may be hazardous to your sex life.:D

Jan

Archived