XBOX Hook-ups and Children's attire in Churches

We are leaving July 10 for a Med Cruise on Brilliance. Does anyone know if my 13 year old can hook up his XBOX in the cabin? Also, do children have to cover their shoulders and knees in religious buildings as well as adults? Just need to know how to pack. Thanks!!

Saunj

Hello Sunnj, No you cannot hook up that cotton-pickin contraption. You're on a cruise ship for goodness sakes, tell him to listen to his cotton-pickin i-pod, tee hee! Oh, and check my question regarding shorts on roll call, dingy, the zipoffs are probably the answer. Better safe than sorry. Cherinikia Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Not sure what answer you are expecting to get here, but in my opinion there are way to many activities on the Brilliance and I could not imagine kids needing to bring an Xbox, PS2 or anything else of the sort.. I have read posts where people have brought them,however, I just never could grasp the WHY, with so much to do.. one cannot possibly do all the activites offered in the first place...

as far as church.. dress respectfully as one would be expected to do at home.

The attire you describe does not sound like acceptable church clothes in my opinion.

I agree, leave the xbox home. No tank tops for kids, regular tee shirts or polos will work. Shorts are ok because it is the middle of summer and very hot, just make sure they are not too short short.

You might want to consider convertible pants that have legs that zip off to become shorts. I have found then really handy in Europe. I wear them as shorts and then attach the legs before going in to a place that requires it. Once I'm back outside I can convert back to shorts again.

Is the 13-yr old the "child"? If so, I assume he would be insulted by being refered to as such (my 14-yr old nephew would be!). At that age (young man), I think he should be dressed the same as the adults. My nephew has some "shorts" (imo, they look like baggy capris) that fall to about mid-calf that would meet the requirements of the conservative dress policy, if not the spirit.

You might want to check on your airline's baggage weight restrictions before deciding on the Xbox. If I remember correctly, the TVs did have the connection ports for external electronic devices. However, do you have the space for the Xbox? This is a personal opinion from somone who does not have children so please do not take the statement incorrectly. I would rather have some extra space in my luggage to bring home a few nice things to remember my trip by than gaming devices. Worst case, does he have a Gameboy or PSP to bring instead? Those are much smaller and lighter than the Xbox.

Having been on that cruise last fall, I know it is very port intensive. I assume that your son will be busy during most days on tours. He will find several other teens onboard and hopefully can make friends to spend time with during the sea days and evenings, provided he makes a little effort and does not spend all his spare time connected to the Xbox. ;)

We are leaving July 10 for a Med Cruise on Brilliance. Does anyone know if my 13 year old can hook up his XBOX in the cabin? Also, do children have to cover their shoulders and knees in religious buildings as well as adults? Just need to know how to pack. Thanks!!

Saunj

I would leave the X-box at home, kids need a break from those things!

Why would the expected attire be any different for a child?

Hope you have a good cruise :)

Leave the freakin xbox at home. Why would you want to carry that thing to Europe? I would hope a 13yo can occupy himself on a med. cruise without the use of electronics. If you put it in checked luggage, it will probably be stolen anyway.

I don't believe Saunj asked your opinions on whether he should bring the XBOX or not. He was inquiring if it would work correctly.

The condescending attitude on the board at times is quite annoying. I have witnessed it first hand, when I first joined. Get off your high horse and let people live their lives.

bc2

I don't believe Saunj asked your opinions on whether he should bring the XBOX or not. He was inquiring if it would work correctly.

The condescending attitude on the board at times is quite annoying. I have witnessed it first hand, when I first joined. Get off your high horse and let people live their lives.

bc2

While I agree with you on one level, bc2, that is the risk you take when you post on a public forum. If you don't want the public's response, don't ask. You can't control the responses you get.

I am a teacher and have planned extensively to ensure this trip will have long term educational benefits for my son. He even sculpted his own Statue of David. I simply inquired about the xbox hook-up capability because in my limited cruise experience, I have found the t.v. selection in the cabins very limited. I know.....turn off the t.v. too! Give me a break! At the end of each day I feel sure I'll just want to fall on the bed and sleep......he may need to wind down first. As for the church attire, the reason I asked was because we want to be respectful despite the grueling heat. Thank you for your considerate advise.

I am a teacher and have planned extensively to ensure this trip will have long term educational benefits for my son. He even sculpted his own Statue of David. I simply inquired about the xbox hook-up capability because in my limited cruise experience, I have found the t.v. selection in the cabins very limited. I know.....turn off the t.v. too! Give me a break! At the end of each day I feel sure I'll just want to fall on the bed and sleep......he may need to wind down first. As for the church attire, the reason I asked was because we want to be respectful despite the grueling heat. Thank you for your considerate advise.

I think what most are trying to communicate, but are being a little blunt about it, is lighter weight electronics might be best because of the luggage weight requirements on overseas flights.

I can see the "unwinding" part, but truly, in the Med you are on the go from about 8 AM to 5 PM, then sail-away, dinner, evening stuff to do. The video games and teen club are crammed into these limited hours, too.

You might go to a lot of trouble and have it sit unused. We were amazed on our first Med cruise at how very little time there was for anything else.

Yes, the TV selection is limited, but they do have movies every day. We never got to them, because they played around 6 PM, and we wanted to be out on deck for the sail-away.

Archived