WOW! Never noticed any conversations like this on the CCL Boards!

halos

My grandmother went on a Carnival cruise a few years back out of Galveston (I think it was the Jubilee she was on, not sure, though), and she actually found some pot in the pocket of the bathroom robe in her stateroom! :eek:

After hearing this, I always ask for fresh robes...

Yes, but did she smoke it?? :D I'd give it away to a cabin I smelled the scents from probably.

Carnival is moving the Paradise to Calif so it can be non smoking and do 3 and 4 day cruises

After the move, the Paradise will no longer be a smoke-free ship.

As for smelling pot, yep. On both Ecstasy cruises I smelled it here and there. I was particularly impressed (or shocked?) by the boldness of the trio I found sharing a pipe all the way forward on the Sun deck. :eek:

Ooopss!!! :eek: Dantc you caught me! I usually proof read what I have typed but missed that one! Youare absolutely right! Paradise will be a smoking ship after it reaches Calif. We cruised in Jan and usually cruise every 2 years but we heard about this Panama Canal cruise on the Paradise and figured we had to jump on it. Not only an interesting itinerary but no smoking (and the last chance at it to boot) too.

I have smelled it on a Princess ship and the others as well. One thing you need to keep in mind is that you are basing an enitre line and their passengers by what you read on these boards. THis only represents a small percentage, <1 of any cruise. So, if you are turned off by one of the boards for a particular line, do not read the board, but you should not avoid the cruise line. Any vacation is what you make of it and will have very little to do with what someone said on an internet cruise critic board.

All that being said, I have sailed all the main lines and Princess is my favorite. I also just did the 15 day PC on the COral and would do it again in a second. DO keep in mind that with longer cruises, you will have an older crowd regardless of cruiseline. I am 28 and was one of probaly 10 people on my ship under 35. I may be exaggerating. That being said, it was the best of 21 cruise I have been on.

Never smelled it on any curise. But did see something interesting on one cruise. Seems that the debarking was taking a long time and we saw several guys leaving the ship handcuffed with I guess the police.

We did hear after leaving port that some folks including some ship employees, had purchased some drugs particularly pot in Jamaica and were arrested by someone on the ship and handed over to authorities when we docked.

kkorman,

I totallly agree with what you said and wouldn't base a decision on that lone thread...it just threw me for a minute. With all the talk on other boards of Carnival being the 'budget cruise of the trailer trash' it just surprised me to see a whole thread on the Princess boards devoted to marijuana, when I have never seen that posted here on the CCL boards OR smelled it on a CCL ship......

I do agree that a cruise (or any vacation) is what you make of it and I'm sure that once I make my decision on which line to go with this time, it will be the right choice.

I'd like to thank you for your input on Princess Cruises as well.

I'd also like to add that with all I ate this past week on the Miracle (I must have gained 5 pounds!!) there is no way in he** I'd be smokin' any weed....I can't imagine how much food I'd have eaten if I was stoned!

Good grief!

I've never smelled it on all 5 of my CCL cruises. And I am trying both RCCL and Princess in the future, but I'm going with my HOUNDS so I'll always have friends to make me feel at home!

I used to work on NCL and I can tell you that tons of crew members toked up on a regular basis. "Some people" used to go to a certain store in South Beach and buy a drink called Urine Luck to beat the random tests. They gave %15 off when "some people" showed their crew ID badges and crew members from all the lines that stopped in Miami could be found there.

Thanks for the input guys!!!

I'll definitely keep an open mind about Princess and just go by the itinerary (and, of course, the PRICE!!)

Same here :) We are new to cruising and would like to try as many cruise lines as possible. Since we don't have an unlimited resources, price is our utmost important factor in selecting a ship.

Our upcoming trip to Alaska (7 days from Seattle - on Sapphire Princess) is cheaper than the Eastern Caribbean (7 days from Port Canaveral - on Carnival Glory):cool: - same type of cabin. We will let you know how good (or bad) the Princess is after we come back:)

We like new ship. Mariner of the Seas (RCCL) is a very nice one. We found that passengers were polite, services and food were excellent. Give it a try and you might like it.

I've never smelled it on any of my cruises though I did meet a kid at our hotel the night before our Glory cruise who drilled me on the best way to get it on the ship. I guess I look like the type that would know? :confused:

On our first cruise one stop was Jamaica. At the sail away some guy was trying to get my DH to go smoke with him. He was on spring break and telling us how you turn the vent in the bathroom and can smoke all you want. We excused ourselves pretty quickly! Not that we are angels but thats past us now and not something we feel is worth any risk at this stage in our lives.

Our most recent cruise was filled with teens. I posted a review on how rude some were and not letting me pass in the hallway to our cabin. Several times I smelled pot.

I think this would be as common on a ship as anywhere and not restricted to one line.

We have been on MANY MANY cruises on just about everyline from Crystal, which "they" consider permium to Dolphin, which "they" consider budget. The mix of people who happen to be on your particular sailing is what makes it great or mediocre. One of my favorite cruises was on Princess, one the "OK" ones was on Princess. One of the best times I've ever had on a cruise was on Carnival, one of the "Oh, good, we get off tomorrow" cruises was on Carnival. I don't really think any one line is 'better" than the other, they are just different. In fact, they have become so homogonized over the years, I really think if all sinage and name tags were removed and I was blindfolded when I got on, it would take me a couple of days to figure out what line I was on. Of course, Crystal offered more of everything than Dolphin, but the price was more than triple so I would expect it. By the same token, I knew what we were paying and what to expect on Dolphin so keeping that in perspective, it was fine, and we had a great time but ya, a lot of the ameninites were not there. Yes, I've smelled pot on just about everyline I have ever been on , on one cruise or another. One particular line does not have that market cornered. The canal is truly a marvel to see and expericence. If the itinerary, price and timing work for you, GO, whether it's on Crystal, Dolphin or anything inbetween.

Archived