Quest...What is it?

They do it on all ships...it is best described as an adult scavenger hunt...some people love it, some dont ( I fall into the latter catagory)...most people want to act like its a big secret...to me , I would have liked to have known more about it before I wasted my time (IMO) going...all some will tell you is "go, sit down front and perticipate"...this was the all I could get out of many people...so I went...I was not amused...just not my cup of tea...as I said tho, many people love it...good luck...

Quest is an adult scavenger hunt game! Great fun and a must do! And yes its on all the ships, at least the ones I have been on. That is all the info you can get, it considered sacrilege to indulge any other information! Besides it will ruin the fun you will have if you know about it in advance.

Quest is an adult scavenger hunt game! Great fun and a must do! And yes its on all the ships, at least the ones I have been on. That is all the info you can get, it considered sacrilege to indulge any other information! Besides it will ruin the fun you will have if you know about it in advance.

This is the part I do not understand...as I mentioned...it was not fun to me...JMO, but not interaining...just silly...and once you have been, you know about it..so, does this mean after you have been and know about it, it is ruined for you??? I dont understand the secertiveness about it...

Am I really missing it by that much???

Grown people acting way to foolish if you ask me. But to each their own. What is enjoyable to me may not be enjoyable to them. There are loads of posts on this subject maybe you should do a search to help you better understand. I too wonder why some feel it is a big secret. See it once and then decide.

With all the posts about Quest I don't think it is much of a secret anymore. As for me watched it once and that was enough. As previous posts have said check it out. If you enjoy it stay and watch if you don't enjoy it you can always get up and leave.

This is the part I do not understand...as I mentioned...it was not fun to me...JMO, but not interaining...just silly...and once you have been, you know about it..so, does this mean after you have been and know about it, it is ruined for you??? I dont understand the secertiveness about it...

Am I really missing it by that much???

Thats why there are so many different activities on the ship, if something does not interest you do something else. But at one time we were all virgin cruisers to RCCL and the Quest game is one of those activities you need to see first hand. The sad part is that most of the participants are repeat cruisers and have played the game so they have an unfair advantage. Its not the point of ruining it for you, but why ruin it for the virgin cruiser? I didn't make up the unwritten law about the secrecy, but I think its good for people to make their own judgements with out any influence from others who have expereinced the game.

ribarfly;(IMO) I just think its silly for everyone to be so closed lipped aobut it...I wish someone would have told me a bit more about it, so I could have made an informed desision as to go or not...If I had known more I would have chosen not to go...and I would have been greatful for someone to let me 'in on it'...I would have known what to expect and would have known it was something that was not my idea of fun...again...JMO...I know many , many cruisers love it and thats fine..I just think , people post a question and want to know what to expect...I just hate all they get is "dont ask..we wont tell you...jsut go"..it is not an activity everyone enjoys...

True, there are many, many activites to choose form, and this is the only one that people wont tell you about...if the OP had ask about "Love and Marraige" or "Sexy Legs Contest" they would have gotten answers..not 'we cant tellyou'....

I know its not you makeing the 'rule'...Im just saying...ya know??:confused:

I wish someone would have told me a bit more about it, so I could have made an informed desision as to go or not...If I had known more I would have chosen not to go...and I would have been greatful for someone to let me 'in on it'...

Yes but with all due respect, anyone who wants to leave part way through can do so. It's not required that you stay for the whole evening. Have you ever walked out of a movie theater? Have you ever started watching a video or TV show, found it wasn't to your liking, and turned it off? Have you ever changed the radio station while driving or at home when a certain song came on? Of course you have and I think we all have.

I'm sorry you (and others) do not care for Quest. Personally, we went once and then haven't been back on our subsequent 2 RCI cruises, but that was our decision. I guess I just get tired of people bashing when there is so obviously a choice.

'kay, I'm done. :p

Langley, we did leave, when we discovered it wasnt for us...but there can only be an "obvouis choice" whenone has some facts...other wise its just 'go and see'...

Im not bashing, I was trying to give the OP some info, with out being blasted for "giving away the secert"

Langley, we did leave, when we discovered it wasnt for us...but there can only be an "obvouis choice" whenone has some facts...other wise its just 'go and see'...

Im not bashing, I was trying to give the OP some info, with out being blasted for "giving away the secert"

PH - I agree with you here. I've been on 6 RCI cruises, and until 2 cruises ago, I had never heard of "Quest". Thankfully so, because it really does not sound like our cup of tea, so to speak. I am glad DH and I didn't just "go and experience it" without knowing a little of what it entailed, because we would not have been happy in that situation. Yes, you can get up and leave, but the some of the "entertainment" would have already happened, we are just not into that at all. And having sailed on the Monarch 3 times, I am ESPECIALLY glad we didn't try it then:eek: !!!

So, research "Quest" a bit and see if this is the type of fun you like. For some it is, for others (like us) it isn't, and it is better to be prepared if you are in the latter category.

Whatever you do - have a great cruise:D !!!

Thanks zuscruisers...it is hard to speak up on these boards about certin subjects lest you be lam-blasted for giving your opinions...

:)

Hey I see you are WGIG # 39C...wow...I have just been instated,...its nice to meet cha..I am #1502!:p

parrotthead - I do agree with you 100% but I do enjoy watching the game. The Love & Marriage Game, OMG these games are always the same old thing, over and over! at least there is no secrecy involved with this one. So to all the virgin cruisers if you don't see the game don't worry it will be on your cabin TV the whole week!

YOur right, the reruns on the TV are worse than network...it is the same thing over adn over isnt it...lol...I know my G/F was in the "MSBiceps contest" and all week long people were coming up to us wanting to feel her 'guns' :eek: :p :rolleyes:

parrotthead - By the way I meant to tell you to have a great time in Alaska, we did that cruise a few years back on the Serenade in mid June and it is still one of my favorite cruises. When you go on the Serenade look for a bartender we called the UniBrow, when you see him you will know why, his name is Rudd Hussan he ran the cigar bar every night and worked at the pool bar, we had a blast with him.

[

So, research "Quest" a bit and see if this is the type of fun you like. For some it is, for others (like us) it isn't, and it is better to be prepared if you are in the latter category.

Whatever you do - have a great cruise:D !!!

Ok I'm a little confused. Did anyone explain Quest? Where do I research it? Help me out here. I have been on a few cruises and don't remember Quest being offered.

parrotthead..I agree with you also. Having the information allows for a choice to be made ahead of time and that way you do not miss something you would have enjoyed more.

strype2...do a search on these boards there are quite a few threads for you to read.

The first two posters who responded to you TOLD you, strype. It's an adult scavenger hunt. Knowing more may in fact spoil your fun, and I don't like to spoil anyone's fun. Many of us enjoy this particular evening entertainment. The wet blankets who have posted here are NOT typical of RC passengers whom we have encountered.

If you are dying for more details, you have two options.

1. Wait for one of these party poopers to spill their guts here.

2. Use the *search* button at the top right of this page. Type in Quest in the *key word* box, select *Royal Caribbean* board, and hit *search now*.

There's no need to get the usual suspects all riled up again, when the information is out there for you.

The first two posters who responded to you TOLD you, strype. It's an adult scavenger hunt. Knowing more may in fact spoil your fun, and I don't like to spoil anyone's fun. Many of us enjoy this particular evening entertainment. The wet blankets who have posted here are NOT typical of RC passengers whom we have encountered.

If you are dying for more details, you have two options.

1. Wait for one of these party poopers to spill their guts here.

2. Use the *search* button at the top right of this page. Type in Quest in the *key word* box, select *Royal Caribbean* board, and hit *search now*.

There's no need to get the usual suspects all riled up again, when the information is out there for you.

We are WetBlankets because we dont enjoy the same things you do? We are PartyPoopers because we didnt want the "suprise' some of you want others to have?? Give me a break...it amazes me how some can be so rude as to resort to name calling because others have a different opinion of 'fun and funny' as you...to me raunchy, qisque, vaulgar 'enterainment' is not my idea of 'must see' enterainment...unless you know what your going in to and that is what you have choosen...no need for you to be nasty about it...

There was a thread a few weeks ago about whether or not kids should be allowed in Quest (there is no rule by RCI saying that they are barred from Quest).

I said then, and will say again, that I would let my kid go, but he would be so bored he would probably play PSP the whole time. He can see his dad's boxer shorts at home, so I don't know why he would be any more interested in them at sea!!

My point is, on that thread, we got very specific as to what Quest is-and no one called anyone a wet blanket or party pooper. I am sure you can locate that thread if you try hard, but here are a few thread highlights from memory:

Quest is:

1. Lipsticks and condoms from ladies' purses. Ohhhh my....

2. Men in bras and underwear (their wives' bras, their own undies).

3. Lots of running around, so if you are frail, small, ill, or afraid of crowds, beware. And if you sit up front, prepare to be pushed and shoved around a bit.

4. Not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

The silliest thing about Quest is that most participants have already played at least once anyway, so they bring with them all the supposedly "surprise" things that they will need to find-some men actually COME IN wearing a bra under their shirts, so they can get up on stage first and get the most points-that takes away the whole point of the game. It's supposed to be spontaneous...how can it be spontaneous if you come with a bag full of stuff that you already know they will ask for???

Whatever-I go and watch, have played in the past, never found it to be a life-altering experience. I do have some nice photos of DH in my bra.:D

We are WetBlankets because we dont enjoy the same things you do? We are PartyPoopers because we didnt want the "suprise' some of you want others to have?? Give me a break...it amazes me how some can be so rude as to resort to name calling because others have a different opinion of 'fun and funny' as you...to me raunchy, qisque, vaulgar 'enterainment' is not my idea of 'must see' enterainment...unless you know what your going in to and that is what you have choosen...no need for you to be nasty about it...

PH: I find you neither "wet" :eek: nor "poopy" :D . My 2 year old is quite often both!!!:p

Wow, Tracey...that was a very informative recap and you werent even one of us 'PartyPoopers' that MM was referring to...so there you have it...if I want to see men in bras I'll go to my local gay bar for the dragshow:p ;) :eek:

Archived