Would you like to see Princess in NJ/NY year round?

Should Princess Move A Ship to NJ/NY Full Time?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should Princess Move A Ship to NJ/NY Full Time?

• Yes!
    • No, we have enough choices
    • Not sure, depends on the ship
    • Who cares!

I can see those in NY/NJ possibly wanting this so they don't need to fly but from a non-local, - NYC as a port city is very expensive to depart from. The hotels are horribly expensive, food is expensive, taxis are expensive and at least last year from the Manhattan pier - it was the absolute worst embarkation and disembarkation that I have ever seen. Unless I am doing a New England cruise - I plan on avoiding NYC. I personally would love to see Princess leave from Boston or another city for their NE/Canada cruises.

If PC were leaving from Red Hook, I'd be all for it. Easy to get in and out of compared to Manhatten, and there's a whole lot of folks within driving distance up to 2 hours that would rather leave from NY then have to fly to FLL, MIA or SJU. It would be convenient, and as evidenced by NCL's success, a great option for those of use who seek the sun instead of the gray, even for a short while in the winter.

GinnyNJ - Princess's ships all embark from Red Hook, since the opening of the new facility.

Living in NJ, and sailing on the Crown in August, the fact that Crown left from NYC was a major determining factor when booking. Nothing like not having to fly! :D

Both coasts need more ships to choose from, no doubt. You'd think there would be lots of ships sailing from CA but there are really not as many choices as you might think.

That said, living in New England, I am for more ships sailing away to warm waters in the dead of winter. It's very nice to avoid flying and all its stress too not to mention the rising cost. It was great sailing the Crown inaugural with the kids once we found the terminal. Otherwise a nine day cruise for four could be cost prohibitive.

Do you really think that it is possible for a ship to have NY/NJ as a port year round? It would probably be ok for spring, summer and fall but winter weather is kind of harsh in that area. Would it be even physically possible? Certainly not ideal weather for embarking/disembarking plus the few days on route to the Caribbean and back to the NY/NJ port.

Do you really think that it is possible for a ship to have NY/NJ as a port year round? It would probably be ok for spring, summer and fall but winter weather is kind of harsh in that area. Would it be even physically possible? Certainly not ideal weather for embarking/disembarking plus the few days on route to the Caribbean and back to the NY/NJ port.

Already being successfully done. Two ships in Norwegian Cruise Line and one from Holland America Lines already have ships in New York, year round. I think the point is to bring more choices to the area year round.

I'm a New Yorker and still wouldn't like a ship here all year round. Some winters can be brutal, so sailing to the Caribbean at that time would be a waste of days to me. I like getting on the ship fairly close to my itinerary.

I would love to see one of the new or newer Princess Ships sail from NYC year round. I donot fly and We always had to take the long drive to Florida. I have sailed the past 2 yrs. out of NYC when I can and that was a factor with us sailing on the "Crown" in Sept. I can't wait. We will be only about 90 minutes away and We can drive to and park at the pier. Can't wait! Ike

GinnyNJ - Princess's ships all embark from Red Hook, since the opening of the new facility.

Living in NJ, and sailing on the Crown in August, the fact that Crown left from NYC was a major determining factor when booking. Nothing like not having to fly! :D

Hi TPP: Sailing from Red Hook is a dream compared to Manhatten and I've sailed on the new Crown June 13th for a one nighter to no where. Using only that facility instead of going back to Manhatten and that congestion and confusion would be excellent. Happy Sails in August on the Crown. I'm certain you'll love the ship.

Already being successfully done. Two ships in Norwegian Cruise Line and one from Holland America Lines already have ships in New York, year round. I think the point is to bring more choices to the area year round.

What ship does Holland America have in NY year round?

Would love to see Princess in NYC year round. The more choices the better. Excited to see the Explorer of the Seas adding year round cruises from NYC next year. Much better than either of the options NCL has sailing from there now.

Archived