Best month

NJLVW

Does anyone know the best month to go to Alaska? I have been considering August but it seems to be their rainy season. Does this seem correct as all the cruises are from end of May til Sept. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

May and September you avoid the crowds and the kids. You know the rain is one of the reasons the great Northwest is so beautiful, so don't try to plan a major trip around rain in Alaska. We have been in late June and in September. Both times, we only had one day of rain. Often you will see rain predicted for a week and it will rain one day. Also the rates are a bit better in May and September. Any month is great in Alaska. You will have the time of your life. gg

Kids are not anywhere near the "issue" on Alaska cruises compared to the Caribbean. But I like mid to late August the most and have gone the most in that timeframe, just about every year for the past 12. No significant rain. Past the first week of Sept, has the worse potential for weather, so I would suggest if weather is a concern, then go earlier. There also , are no longer the big discounts there used to be on these last sailings.

Thank you for your responses. Children & discounts were not the issue. Weather was my only concern. August was the best time for us so it sounds like the weather is not rainy then. That makes it easier to book 2007 vacation.

Now to do more research on Alaska...Thanx....

Archived