What makes cruising so special for you?

wakelover

What a great topic to stumble on.

Why we cruise.....

The ONLY place my husband can NOT be reached by his office!!!!!!!!!

Altho on our upcoming Holiday cruise, our first stop is San Juan where he WILL get service and WILL phone in and check up on stuff. I refuse to take pictures of him on a lounge chair connected to two cell phones like I have in the past.

Another reason we enjoy cruising is the history- the glamour, the attentiveness of the crew, the sort of bygone era of luxurious travel that some still hold on to and adhere to and enjoy. We do LOVE getting dressed-up for formal nights. I love the sound of the ocean- it is very calming, I love looking out off my balcony into the

darkness of the night.

Yet another reason is probably family history, knowing my grandparents took an "ocean liner" transatlantic when they immigrated to America.

I love going to bed in one country and waking up somewhere else. I love sunsets on the ocean and seeing the reflection on the water. It is a vacation where you truly do escape. No one can reach you, unless they want to pay big money per minute or only when you arrive into a US port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the fact that a cruise is virtually all inclusive. Imagine, getting to go to a nice restaurant every night and order anything you want! I've never been on a cruise where I could say the food was "bad". I love all the activities and the destinations and only having to unpack one time. I also love the fact that even when I'm with a larger group, we all do our "own thing" during our days and then have fun at the dinner table talking about our day. I also love the fact that I truly believe that I have been able to see more exotic places as a result of cruising. Don't get me wrong, I love to travel regardless, but I think I spent more on my last trip to Hawaii then I have ever spent on any cruise and only got to have a couple of really nice meals. I know that cruising isn't for everyone, but for me it is my preferred form of travel.

I love going to bed in one country and waking up somewhere else. I love sunsets on the ocean and seeing the reflection on the water. It is a vacation where you truly do escape. No one can reach you, unless they want to pay big money per minute or only when you arrive into a US port.

I second that! A cruise is really getting away from it all....and I too love the sunsets & sunrises!:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the complete and total relaxation of days at sea. No decisions to make, no phone, no computer (by choice). Take a nap whenever the urge presents itself. Have an afternoon ice cream cone. Mmmmm....is it time to pack yet?

What's not to love!!

Your hotel follows you around...no packing and unpacking to see different contries and visit multiple destinations.

DH and I love the fact that we can completely chill out and not have to think about where to go for dinner, what to do next etc. It is all planned and done for us and we can choose to be active or hide from the world on our balcony! Cruising is the best!! :D

What's not to love!!

Your hotel follows you around...no packing and unpacking to see different contries and visit multiple destinations.

DH and I love the fact that we can completely chill out and not have to think about where to go for dinner, what to do next etc. It is all planned and done for us and we can choose to be active or hide from the world on our balcony! Cruising is the best!! :D

EXACTLY!! I couldn't have said it any better:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived