Rooms available at Embarking

Toyz711

I think i know the answer, but i need the facts. our cruise is sept 17th, we have family in seattle. just heard that one of his nieces w/boyfriend are thinking of coming to the dock to try to get a cabin for that cruise.

do they still do that if they have empty rooms? is there a place to "buy" passage? if this is talked about around her family, none of them will book ..they will just show up. how much in advance to they offer "last minute" deals? thanks in advance

I think i know the answer, but i need the facts. our cruise is sept 17th, we have family in seattle. just heard that one of his nieces w/boyfriend are thinking of coming to the dock to try to get a cabin for that cruise.

do they still do that if they have empty rooms? is there a place to "buy" passage? if this is talked about around her family, none of them will book ..they will just show up. how much in advance to they offer "last minute" deals? thanks in advance

Probably not. Since 9/11 ships must have their manifest completed several days before the cruise.

thanks, that is exacting what i thought. between 9/11 and problems with general passenager planning, i didn't see how they could do that. i think with this family, several members are going to be thinking "could have, should have, would have" while i wave bye-bye from the ship.:)

been there:)

done that:D

washing my hands of the whole thing:eek:

they just need to stop talking to each other, none of who have been on a cruise and start talking to either the TA or my DH (it's his family)

what they need to do is get off the pot and get on the ship!!

Tell them to book now, because they need to pre-register.

In Oct 2003 we booked a cruise to Bermuda on the Majesty on Monday afternoon and left on Sunday. We were able to pre register but had to pick up our documents at the pier. That was our best cruise. Last minute, not chance to stress about what to bring, what to do, it was great.

they just need to stop talking to each other, none of who have been on a cruise and start talking to either the TA or my DH (it's his family)

Do they all have passports?

Would certainly help;)

Hey Toyz, as i was just reading this, i should'a mentioned this earlier. (like i said, 50 is right around the corner, my brain is fried!) a couple of yrs ago, DH and i went on a caribbean jazz cruise. DH said one night, go check if there are any more cabins left. well, there was, 3 of em. this was 10 days before the cruise. We booked the inside cabin, i emailed my GF and she and her hubby also booked that following monday,balcony cabin, only 6 days before, and to boot, we went 2 for one!!! they did have to pick up their papers and such at the port, but we did it!! by the skin of our teeth!! this was in '04.

Hey Toyz, as i was just reading this, i should'a mentioned this earlier. (like i said, 50 is right around the corner, my brain is fried!) a couple of yrs ago, DH and i went on a caribbean jazz cruise. DH said one night, go check if there are any more cabins left. well, there was, 3 of em. this was 10 days before the cruise. We booked the inside cabin, i emailed my GF and she and her hubby also booked that following monday,balcony cabin, only 6 days before, and to boot, we went 2 for one!!! they did have to pick up their papers and such at the port, but we did it!! by the skin of our teeth!! this was in '04.

It is possible to book a week or so out< sometimes even less, but the olden days of going to the pier to see if there is any availibility are long gone. NMNita

It is possible to book a week or so out< sometimes even less, but the olden days of going to the pier to see if there is any availibility are long gone. NMNita

which is where the problems lays...niece has been told (by grandmother) how to save money. grandmother's experience is from years/years ago and not current. if they miss the boat..is will be thier own fault. i was just hoping for everyone to get their act together for the father/grandfather. he had treatment for his cancer 4 years ago, but has been on borrowed time since then. it's slowly returning. guess i will just have to take lots of pictures and show them the smile on his face.

well, as long as grampa has his ticket, and gets to go. let the others wish they hadnt procrastinated. (sp) just say, oh well. too bad. you snooze you loose!!! and really toyz, dont worry, if its to work, it will work.

sent dad a nice letter, asking him if there is anything he wants to do on the cruise, asked him is he was interested in the whale watching i (already) have booked.

just happened to mention that he MIGHT want to tell everyone else that "instant" booking/walk-on is not available. proud of myself, i wrote it with a smile:)

;) I agree .. it's the only way they are going to get to go....some people just drag their butts, lol ;)

Archived