Westerdam Dining Rooms Upstairs or Downstairs ?

Jimbo

Also if we have early Dining should we stay away from the Windows or is the aircondition in the Dining Rooms keep it cool enough?

Up or down which is best? Give me all your opinions good or bad Please.

Jimbo:)

"Best" is always defined by each individual. I'll say that I decide what time I want to dine. I'm assigned a table on whichever deck is serving at that time.

On the Vista-class ships the upper level dining room does have the promenade deck right outside. People can look in on you as you eat, and the aft tables don't look directly at the wake.

Didn't really know how it works, could you explain more what the times of each of the available seating is ?This is our first HAL cruise and this is all new to us. Your help is apreciated.

These are what is available for our sailing?

Early Upper Dining

Early Lower Dining

Main Upper Dining

Main Lower Dining

Thanks

Didn't really know how it works, could you explain more what the times of each of the available seating is ?This is our first HAL cruise and this is all new to us. Your help is apreciated.

These are what is available for our sailing?

Early Upper Dining

Early Lower Dining

Main Upper Dining

Main Lower Dining

Thanks

Early Upper is at 5:45 PM

Early Lower is at 6:15 PM

Main Upper is at 8:00PM

Main Lower is at 8:30 PM

We were on the Westerdam in April and ate at the early upper. We had a table by the window and saw people strolling by on the deck outside, but no one really looked in at us.

We are booked on the Maadam in March 2007 for the early lower.

Hope this info helps.

Regards,

Thanks Ruth, Peaches and Arlene, all your posts helped alot. Never cruised on HAL before, mostly on Royal Caribbean, any major differences we will notice? My Wife and I are in are Mid Forties.

The center area of the ceiling of the upper level dining room on each of the HAL ships have some sort of surprise, like a ceiling of sparkeling "stars" on a black, night time background. On the R and S class ships this ceiling is viewable from most of the upper level dining areas and by those who sit in or near the center of the lower level dining room.

We were on the Westerdam (a Vista class ship) in June and I was very disappointed. The delightful surprise ceiling in the upper Westeredam dining room is made up of colorful Chihuly glass blossoms. Exquisite....but.....Only those sitting near the center of the upper dining level can enjoy them. They are TOTALLY invisible to those on the lower dining level. The Vista class ships have used the center of the lower dining room for a double circular staircase and a covered service area for the wait staff. This arrangement makes it impossible to enjoy the incredible works of art on the upper dining room ceiling when you are on the lower level unless you actually walk over to the center of the room and look up.

What a waste! What were they thinking! I am sure there is a significant investment in that ceiling so why not put it where many cruisers can enjoy it?

Archived