Sunrise and Sunset photos

Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?  

844 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?

• I prefer sunrises.
    • I prefer sunsets.
    • I enjoy both equally.

Digging through the photos for my new Zenfolio site and found this sunset from the front deck at my sister's house.

p1021339756-5.jpg

Dave

Beautful! I love skies like this. Problem is I'm usually driving home on the interstate when I see them :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rabaul, Papua New Guinea (taken from Dawn Princess Apr 12, 2009)

That volcano has been spewing ever since a major eruption in 1994 all but destroyed Rabaul. The rumblings made things a little unnerving ... Everything on the ship got covered in a layer of grey dust.

Sunrise

Dawn%20Princess%20120409%200032.JPG

Dawn%20Princess%20120409%200042.JPG

and approaching sunset

Dawn%20Princess%20120409%2010089.JPG

Dawn%20Princess%20120409%2010092.JPG

Dawn%20Princess%20120409%2010093.JPG

Rabaul, Papua New Guinea (taken from Dawn Princess Apr 12, 2009)

That volcano has been spewing ever since a major eruption in 1994 all but destroyed Rabaul. The rumblings made things a little unnerving ... Everything on the ship got covered in a layer of grey dust.

That is very cool!

The greenness of my envy is extreme!

BTW...to all the folks looking to buy a camera to make their photography better. Boeckli's photo galleries are living proof that it's the photographer, not the camera. The shots above and the others in their extensive gallery collection were shot with an ageing 2MP Minolta Dimage X! Just awesome!

Dave

That is very cool!

The greenness of my envy is extreme!

BTW...to all the folks looking to buy a camera to make their photography better. Boeckli's photo galleries are living proof that it's the photographer, not the camera. The shots above and the others in their extensive gallery collection were shot with an ageing 2MP Minolta Dimage X! Just awesome!

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Not only for the kind comments but in general for your great advice and encouragement to us "mere mortals" of the photography world. My approach to taking photos certainly has changed since I have been on this board. Very glad I had the pleasure of cruising with you as well :D

[if my DH reads this, I have no chance of ever getting a new(er) camera] :rolleyes:

Uschi

...if my DH reads this, I have no chance of ever getting a new(er) camera] :rolleyes:

Uh....sorry! LOL!

If I was Reinhold, I'd let you choose a new camera just as a reward for all the value you have wrung out of the X!

Dave

Testing the link to slideshow feature on Zenfolio.

Sunrise/Sunset: http://pierce324.zenfolio.com/p39313...eshow#he5d5cd8

Let me know what you all think.

Dave/QUOTE]

Really nice. Great photos and great layout. Slide show works nicely. I particularly like the couple of shots where you got the sun turning the wake wave spray green.

Larry

Archived