Are Radiance/Brilliance identical?

Last October we were on a cruise on the Radiance, and this September we will be on the Brilliance. I know they are in the "same class" and went into service months apart. I am wondering if I will think I am on the same ship, or is there any differences between the two noticeable to passengers?

Aside from a few cosmetic differences and a different theme in the Solarium, the biggest difference between the Radiance and the Brilliance is probably the menu in the Seaview Cafe. As far as knowing where things are, you will feel quite at home on the one if you have previously sailed on the other.:)

We've been on both and didn't notice any difference. I know Radiance had a shower curtain and I think Brilliance had a shower door in the bathrooms in the cabins. If I'm wrong about the Brilliance, someone will correct me.

Like a previous poster mentioned, the Solarium theme is different. Brilliance has Indian elephants... don't remember Radiance other than it wasn't the elephants.

Tim

Brilliance is still the shower curtains. The Serenade and Jewel have the shower doors.

Another distinction between all in this class is they each have their own collection of art work (not for auction) that differs from ship to ship.

Like a previous poster mentioned, the Solarium theme is different. Brilliance has Indian elephants... don't remember Radiance other than it wasn't the elephants.

Tim

Actually, Radiance has 3 stone elephants in the Solarium. This is the African jungle while Brilliance is the Indian jungle.

Brilliance has the shower doors, emily. They are like pod/transporter showers:D

It might depend on the cabin you're in. We were in an E1 cabin on deck 8 last October and we were stuck with (literally) the shower curtain. Perhaps the D1's have the doors.

I second that question, but I have to say I'm amazed by the level of the detail of the knowledge some of you have of these ships!

Many of us are lucky enough to have cruised on some ships more than once. Radiance class is our favorite. Cruising on The Radiance for the third time in December.

The thermal suite is a series of rooms that have various heat related spa services like aroma therapy, steam, sauna, wonderful heated tile beds to lay in while looking out at the passing sea, hot and cold showers, and shaved ice to cool you down if you get to hot. One of the reasons my wife and I are considering this cruise is the thermal suite. I would really like to know what the Thermal Suite difference between the Radience and Brilliance is. We had the pleasure of meeting Rick and Deirda while on the Brilliance. They were great fun to be around. Hi guys!

Brilliance has the shower doors, emily. They are like pod/transporter showers:D

My inside cabin had a shower curtain on Brilliance. Serenade and Jewel have the shower doors.

The thermal suite is a series of rooms that have various heat related spa services like aroma therapy, steam, sauna, wonderful heated tile beds to lay in while looking out at the passing sea, hot and cold showers, and shaved ice to cool you down if you get to hot. One of the reasons my wife and I are considering this cruise is the thermal suite. I would really like to know what the Thermal Suite difference between the Radience and Brilliance is. We had the pleasure of meeting Rick and Deirda while on the Brilliance. They were great fun to be around. Hi guys!

If I recall correctly, there is one less ceramic chair in the Radiance thermal suite, and the chairs are positioned a bit differently. Very minor to most, but I take my thermal suites very seriously. :) Also, just to clarify, the thermal suite is a series of 3 steam rooms; there's no sauna. You would have to go to the locker rooms for that.

OK:D Obviously I was wrong! A thousand apologies, I would have sworn it was onboard Brilliance, maybe it was Mariner that had the pod showers!:D The interiors are starting to run together.:)

John,

Thanks for the nod, good to hear from you. Missed you all at the Martini Bar on the Brilliance this past January. The Panama cruise was great! Next up is our 13 day Grandeur 11/19 repo from Baltimore to NOLA, with two day's post cruise hotel on Bourbon Street. Hoping we have a quiet hurricane season this summer/fall. You guy's have any cruise plans coming up?

Take care,

Rick and Deirdra

OK:D Obviously I was wrong! A thousand apologies, I would have sworn it was onboard Brilliance, maybe it was Mariner that had the pod showers!:D The interiors are starting to run together.:)

It sounds like you need to go back on the Brilliance and refresh your memory. Maybe you should try out all the Radiance class ships - you know to see what's different between them.;)

Sorry, Wrona, it's going to be Serenade and then Serenade, for the next 2 cruises. Hawaii and then Alaska. I don't know when we will get back to nasty shower curtains. I actually thought the transporter shower pod was kind of cool. :D

Archived