Preferred Check-in

cruisingfreak

Just received my Docs for our Diamond Princess cruise/tour in August.

On the packet there used to be a sticker saying Platinum check-in.

On the packet now it says Preferred Check-in in Red.

Just wondering.... Is this the same thing???

Minette

Platinum check in is part of the loyalty program - 5 + cruises allows you to go thru the Platinum check in line. It is a nice feature if you arrive when the terminal is full and the lines are winding every which way, because you get to bypass the majority of the waiting.

I would think Preferred check in is different, perhaps for those on the cruisetour as well as the cruise, and it may be just as useful in getting aboard quickly. I will be interested in learning the difference, if there is any.

>>>>Just received my Docs for our Diamond Princess cruise/tour in August.

On the packet there used to be a sticker saying Platinum check-in. On the packet now it says Preferred Check-in in Red. Just wondering.... Is this the same thing???

As I recall, the preferred sticker just meant that you had completed all the paper work online and needed no further processing to get onboard.

If you are of Platinum status, make a phone call or two. It will save 15-45 minutes of waiting in line.

Anything that doesn't kill you, just hurts a hell of a lot

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Carnival Pride

Diamond Princess

Sapphire Princess

Having completed all the paperwork online used to be called "Express Check In", but it could have changed to "Preferred".

I suspect it has something to do with the cruisetour as not all cruisers are taking the land portion also.

I just received my CB documents today. I am a Platinum cruiser and in the past the document case had a sticker on it that said "platinum check in" or something to that effect.

Today's documents only say"preferred check-in". So, I am very interested, as you are, in figuring out what that means. Anyone had this before?

I just received my CB documents today. I am a Platinum cruiser and in the past the document case had a sticker on it that said "platinum check in" or something to that effect.

Today's documents only say"preferred check-in". So, I am very interested, as you are, in figuring out what that means. Anyone had this before?

If that happens to me I will take one of my old "Platinum Checkin" document cases..... :D

delidan30,

I addressed Express check in in my second post ~~ all it means is that you have completed your registration reqiurements on line and will not have to fill out any paperwork (except for the Bahamas entry if you are sailing to the Carib, and the document stating you do not have norovirus symptoms, which both are short and can be filled out while in line). You will still be in the mass of people checking in, as almost everyone registers online. Be sure to have a pen handy.

I called Princess last night and asked about the "preferred check in" tag. The answer I got was they have recently done away with the platinum and elite check in stickers and renamed it to be "preferred check in".

Would be interested in knowing if anyone else has recently received a different sticker to indicate Platinum or Elite check in, or if anyone has recently cruised and had a "preferred check in" tag and what that meant when they cruised.

I called Princess last night and asked about the "preferred check in" tag. The answer I got was they have recently done away with the platinum and elite check in stickers and renamed it to be "preferred check in".

Would be interested in knowing if anyone else has recently received a different sticker to indicate Platinum or Elite check in, or if anyone has recently cruised and had a "preferred check in" tag and what that meant when they cruised.

Thanks for the update.

Minette

You're welcome, delidan30. I just reread my post and it sounds a little snippy - I apologize if it sounded that way to you - I didn't mean it to.

Preferred check in - it makes sense to use one sticker instead of the two (elite and platinum) for check-in just to make it a little simpler for the person applying the sticker. In actuality the two statuses are different in a lot of ways, but at check-in it was pretty similar, wasn't it?

And the same check-in applies to suite bookings at at many ports. The suite pax were sometimes confused to which check-in they should go. /Sultan

Preferred check in - it makes sense to use one sticker instead of the two (elite and platinum) for check-in just to make it a little simpler for the person applying the sticker. In actuality the two statuses are different in a lot of ways, but at check-in it was pretty similar, wasn't it?

There was never an "Elite" check in sticker, just Platinum check in one. Even being Elite it never really helped as we were called to the next available window anyway. :)

We just received our docs today (we are Platinum cruisers) and they say Preferred check-in instead of Platinum. I'm going to call Princess in the morning also!

When we had Platinum they would come out when ready to open the doors and ask for all Platinum and Elite members and take us into the building first. If you get to the Port (in Lauderdale)and you are Platinum or Elite and there is a line and the doors are already open you can just go around the line where they will take you in and you don't have to wait in the line outside.

I'm sure hoping that "Preferred Check-In" at least equals that!!! :D

Archived