Sailing on Sapphire but got luggage tags for Grand ???

CruisinCJ

We sailed on the Golden a few months ago and got tags for the Raddiance. We didn"t notice it until we were in Ft. Lauderdale the night before we were to sail. We contacted Princess and were told to absolutely not use the wrong tags even to cross them out. We made arrangements to meet someone at the airport with the proper tags. The problem is, other Princess ships sailing from the same port may end up with your luggage. Our TA hadn't noticed it either. We made the mistake of thinking that she had looked over everything. A good lesson learned.

Celebrity had the Mercury and Millie side by side in San Diego for a voyage thru the Panama Canal. After the ship sailed there were several bags brought into the foyer that had Millie tags on them, so the passengers were on the Mille, but their luggage was on the Mercury until they met at another port several days later. It happens, so don't take a chance.

The above poster is probably correct. Happened to me once, and I got the TA to make the change. If you can't do that, DO NOT use those tags. The porters will pay little attention to anything crossed out. If time won't allow you to make the change, at the very least I would get blank tags from a store and print in bold letters the correct ship and sail date.

Archived