Seattle transportation question

wdblake

We are staying at the Quality Inn & Suites downtown Seattle. What is the least expensive way 4 of us with our luggage can get from the airport to the hotel. There seem to be numerous shuttles. Someone posted a taxi would be $35 but is that per person or for the total trip? Appreciate any help.

We will be in Seattle next week. I have reserved a town car to pick up our group of four at the Doubletree at Seatac. The cost is $40.00 total for the four of us. I checked into taking Grayline and Shuttle Express. It would be $60.00 for the group with either of them.

I checked taxi rates and they are: $2.50 start fee plus $2 per mile plus 50 cents for all passengers over 2. From downtown to port isn't more then 4 miles. So with tip you should be able to do for around $15. That's what we plan to arrange for our cruise. When I checked on shuttles they were more then that but I wasn't looking at shared shuttles.

We are going tomorrow and called the Westin - no shuttle but they recommend the Downtown Airporter bus from the airport - it is $10.25 per person.

I did see on CC but can't find the post that you can hit #55 on a transportation board at the airport and get a limo for $35 - i am assuming that is total not per person and would not include a tip.

• 2 weeks later...

"I did see on CC but can't find the post that you can hit #55 on a transportation board at the airport and get a limo for $35 - i am assuming that is total not per person and would not include a tip."

We did this last year (4 of us). The transportation board is to the

right of the luggage (facing out from the airport, toward the street).

It was fun to have a limo, less than cab, and for cab you have to

go up and over and down, while the limo comes right to the door

near the luggage!

I'd not do the bus for 4 people, it would take longer and be more expensive than a taxi. We were up there a couple of weekends ago, a taxi for 4 people was around $40 each way, including the tip.

The on-call limo would have been nice, we didn't know of that option beforehand. I'd checked out private limo companies, they were much higher than the taxi rates.

To the OP: that would be for all, not per person.

We were in Seattle the last week in July. We found the easiest way to get to the downtown area was to take a taxi. There was a line to get a taxi and the taxis were cars and/or vans for the same price. The people in line were discussing who needed a van or car. That way everyone was able to get the taxi they needed. Seemed to work out great. We paid around $30ish to get to the Marriott but there were only 2 of us. I noticed a sign that said $2 for each passenger more than 2. Have a great time!

The concierge at the downtown Westin e-mailed me the following on June 26:

Taxi - @ 30 minutes and costs @ $40 on a meter.

Downtown Airporter Shuttle by Grayline:

Leaves the airport every 30 minutes. Takes @ 45 minutes to get to the Westin. $10.25 one way or $17.00 round trip.

Private car & Driver

Large 4-door sedan takes 25 minutes to get to the Westin and costs $40.

Seems to me if there's only two, the shuttle is the best bet; if there's more than two, taxi or private car would be better.

• 2 weeks later...

In need of advise. Do you think it would be better to make arrangments for a limo/towncar (for two) in advance or to just hit the #55 when we get there?

Any recomendations for companies out there?

Thanks, Tim

• 5 months later...

How much luggage will you have? 4 people in a sedan will probably not have sufficient room for all your luggage unless you pack very light (carry ons only).

I always take the Greyline bus when I traveling to Seattle on business. No worries about the amount of luggage, good service, reliable and on time.

• 2 weeks later...

I did see on CC but can't find the post that you can hit #55 on a transportation board at the airport and get a limo for $35 - i am assuming that is total not per person and would not include a tip.

Anyone do this recently, there will be 4 of us and I guess the kids will enjoy the limo:cool:

Anyone do this recently, there will be 4 of us and I guess the kids will enjoy the limo:cool:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, what does "#55 on the transporation board" mean?

If we have 5 people and luggage flying in, we would all be able to fit in a limo I assume? It'd be cheaper (based on Sea-Tac website rates) than hiring 2 cabs to take us to the Westin?

Sorry, what does "#55 on the transporation board" mean?

If we have 5 people and luggage flying in, we would all be able to fit in a limo I assume? It'd be cheaper (based on Sea-Tac website rates) than hiring 2 cabs to take us to the Westin?

Somewhere near the baggage claim (usually), there is a large board with transportation options and a bank of phones. #55 would be the "code" for one of the limo/towncar suppliers. To connect with that company, you'd pick up the phone and dial '#55'.

I am assuming that it means that somewhere near baggage claim there is a phone board that dials to the ground transportation booth and if you dial 55 that you will be directed to where they dispatch the limos. I've not really noticed when I've been in the airport if there is such a thing. I did notice that on the Port of Seattle website that you can use a curbside phone to call and maybe this is where you use the #55.

That's my best guess.

There is also an information booth, seems like it was to the far left of the baggage claim area, they will be happy to call a towncar for you. You exist the airport right there and a towncar will arrive to pick you up within five minutes. Was $40 to downtown area.

oh, ok. thank you! I went ahead and booked a limo for my party of 5 for $50 to the Westin. I called the number listed on the sea-tac website, then they gave me another number and I booked there. He took my name, flight number and arrival time and instructed me to call back when I'm at baggage claim and a limo will be there in 3-4 mins. So it seems like the company has several limos driving around at any time. I assume I could have not even made a reservation and just called #55 at the airport. I did not leave a cc# so it's not binding. I might actually try that just to see if it's a little cheaper.

We are going tomorrow and called the Westin - no shuttle but they recommend the Downtown Airporter bus from the airport - it is $10.25 per person.

I tried the #55 tip two weeks ago in Seatac...the taxi is now $48 total but could in no way handle 4 adults and our luggage. The trunk space was amazingly small.

We ended up taking the Shuttle Express, which was $30 plus tip for all four of us, not sure where the other poster got $60 from (maybe round trip?) The more people in your party, the better the price.

It did take a LOOOONG time for the passengers to get loaded up and for the driver to enter hotel addresses on his GPS. Total time between getting to the shuttle area and hotel was almost 2 hours.

I was told that you can get into the taxi line and get a taxi van for the same price as a taxi, although I am not sure it would have fit our luggage (2 50 lb. suitcases each, plus carryon)

I am going w/ 6 from SEATAC to the downtown Seattle Ramada.

Believe it or not 1 person will have had hip replacement surgery 1 month before the cruise!

Need to arrange private van, shuttle whatever for 6 adults.

Please help if you can give me a phone number/ name..

I want to arrange this before I land if possible.

Thanks,

Robyn

Archived