Waitlist for Early Seating Dining???

ghjohnson

Has anyone been waitlisted for Dining preferences before? - Tell me what happened? Did you get your prefered seating arrangements? We have a #167 waitlist number - sounds ominnous but hopefully we will get a table in the early seating dining room!

It probably doesn't look good but Steve is the dining room waitlist expert! I'm sure he'll give you the outlook soon!!! We started at #171 and we're now up to #103 but we cruise in 84 days. It's PC dining for us!!! But....no biggie!!!

Ok, I am awaiting memo from Steve! Or whomever! :o

My concern is my roommate is disabled and rides a scooter and needs to ride in to the table on a aisle preferably - so we will see!

Princess is very good about accomodating to your needs. If you are still waitlisted, turn PC into early seating. Go between 5:30 and 6pm, and ask for a table to accomodate. Then you can request same table, same time, same waitstaff every night. Not quite traditional, but very close. Same dress code also. :)

I am first time cruiser to Princess, but based on other cruises still chose to be a tradionalist. I have been on the waitlist for late dining, but the early was always available. Does this mean even though you request Traditional you may be switched to the PC? It is not a big deal, we have never gone hungry, just curiosity.

If you arrive on the ship early, go directly to where the maitre'd is set up to talk to and ask to be assigned to a table in early seating. We were waitlisted last cruise -with a large # like yours - and we did this - in fact, we were one of the first on the ship and headed directly to the maitre'd (it was actually an assistant) and we were first on his list to change seating. We got a note before dinner with our seating assignment at early seating. They keep a couple of tables open I guess and if you go and ask, you might get one! Good luck!

Thank you for the great info -

We usually head into the DR first to see what table we are seated at to make sure that Ruthie can get to it without trouble and if not, we head up to the Matri'D. So I guess it is the same protocol either way!

And if Reg / Early Dining isn't available, we can tell PC dining that we want to eat every night at 6pm-ish - like someone said here - it is almost the same.

We started out on the waitlist for early seating as #194. We now sail in about 21 days and we are #11. At the beginning we saw the number drop dramatically, it has now slowed way down. I imagine we will get early seating because we are so close now, and as far as I know our ship (Regal) does not have PC dining. Good luck and hang in there, it is fun going to the cruise personalizer every day to see if the number has changed.

Jan

Mary Anne - I had a very large number 2 years ago over Christmas (we were in the 300's or 400's I believe). We booked a Christmas cruise in October.

We went to the Matride and were one of the first ones to request a change from PC to traditional and this Matride looked at our waitlist number and said "I have to clear the people ahead of you first" - so for him, it didn't matter that we were one of the first to ask. It must depend on the Matride.

This matride did give us the same table every night, with the same waiters and other people who wanted to have traditional dining so it all worked out.

we were wiatlisted fo 6-26 Caribb Princess. Stopped at 63 late seating. We went to the maitre de and he said the same food is served in both PC & trad dinning rooms except the Baked Alaska parade.

So we had no problem asking for a window table on the Palm and having the same waitstaff every night at 6.

They know you after 1 or 2 days and take just as good care of you. Also if you order wine, they will save the bottle for the next night.

Archived