Upgrading Myth?

Last monday we booked ourselves to go on a weekend cruise on the Sovereign to the Bahamas that same friday. At the time of booking there were lots of open rooms available. The price for inside was about 100.00 more than what we usually pay to go on this same cruise, so we decided to book an inside and hope for the upgrade since we are diamond members. The only time we have been upgraded was prior to us arriving to the ship. When we got on the ship we were the 1st to the pursers desk. They stated they would let us know about 6:30. At 7:00, we checked back at the pursers desk who didn't have an answer yet. We decided not to wait any longer because we had our cabin guy before and our room wasn't bad. The next morning we were sent a letter stating that we would not be able to upgrade. I was shocked they actually sent us a letter, but we find it hard to believe that all the rooms we saw available online booked two days before the cruise. We chalked upgrading up to an urban legend.

That's not true about Diamond plus being the only lnes upgraded! Friends of ours took their 1st cruise EVER and were upgraded from an deck 4 inside to a deck 9 balcony----Why??? Who knows, but it happened!!!

That's not true about Diamond plus being the only lnes upgraded! Friends of ours took their 1st cruise EVER and were upgraded from an deck 4 inside to a deck 9 balcony----Why??? Who knows, but it happened!!!

we were just upgraded on our May cruise and too have no idea why...but was thrilled, and at the same time realize it most likely would never happen again...so enjoyed it that week! :)

We have been upgraded twice, once whe we just turned Diamond members from deck 4 to deck 8 Jr Suite on Rapsody of the Seas and now on Monarch to a Grand Suite for our 8-14-06 cruise, which we are Diamond Plus members.

Dennis

We have been upgraded twice, once whe we just turned Diamond members from deck 4 to deck 8 Jr Suite on Rapsody of the Seas and now on Monarch to a Grand Suite for our 8-14-06 cruise, which we are Diamond Plus members.

Dennis

I thought they only ungraded DP on five or more days cruises.. We just had one upgrade on the JOS, it was the bomb.:) Hope we are upgraded on the Monarch on our 2 Oct cruise.We have a JR reserved..:D

Dennis

I thought they only upgraded DP on five or more days cruises.. We just had one upgrade on the JOS, it was the bomb.:) Hope we are upgraded on the Monarch on our 2 Oct cruise.We have a JR reserved..:D Did you call them or did they call you?

We always book an inside guarantee. We've received 2 upgrades, both occurred when we were Platinum. One upgrade was inside to a large outside (handicapped) cabin, the other was the mother of all upgrades: inside to the Royal Suite.

No urban myth, upgrades can and do happen......

We are Diamond members now and we haven't been upgraded since our third cruise! I beleive we were upgraded from standard balcony to JS. Man, that was years ago...in 1999 I think. We're long ovedue.

Leaving on Mariner July 30 with any luck we'll get lucky, but I doubt it!

C-ya!

Archived