Spaghetti straps on formal

I often see ladies wear bras under spaghetti straps and it really doesn't look bad. A regular bra is much more comfortable than a strapless bra. What is your opinion of ladies wearing regular bras with spaghetti straps on their formal?

Barb

I personally don't like it. I think it looks tacky even with those plastic see through straps. If you can't wear a strapless bra or go without then chose a dress without spagetti straps.

Just my honest opinion, sorry if you don't like it! :)

I think it's inappropriate use of foundation garments:p

And since most strapless bras don't do diddly squat for me, I avoid strapless or skinny strap dresses, just so I can wear a proper bra.....

Another vote saying it looks cheap and tacky.

I think it's awful looking for daytime too. For my daytime tank tops that are cut deep into the shoulder I wear a racer-back bra and I wear a strapless for tee's with thin straps.

Bra straps that show look UGLY and take away from the lines of the garment.

A friend of mine who feels that strapless bra's don't offer enough support for her has her dressmaker sew bra's into her gowns. She buys a bra she likes then the dressmaker takes it apart and sews it in. Works really well for her and she has very large breasts.

I had cups sewn into my prom dress ages ago (had sleeves but a low back) before I had a breast reduction. It helped..a little! Not enough that I would do it again unless I was SOOOOO in love with the dress I had to have it. And that hasn't happened yet...Never say never:p

for your input, thoughts, and suggestions. I knew I could count on you! I see it so often around our community that I thought it may be acceptable?

Love the idea of a sew in bra, but may not have enough time to have it done before our cruise on the 6th.

Barb

:( I guess I am aging myself with this comment...but when I was a teenager and started to wear a bra...my mother told me to ALWAYS make sure my bra strap did NOT show! Showing your bra straps was a mark of being "trashy & tacky".

So sad that today's fashion has let this rule of thought go by the way side. So many young people let their undies show with everything they wear.

ITA....bra straps showing is just trashy & tacky!:(

I had cups sewn into my prom dress ages ago (had sleeves but a low back) before I had a breast reduction. It helped..a little! Not enough that I would do it again unless I was SOOOOO in love with the dress I had to have it. And that hasn't happened yet...Never say never:p

If all else fails...get those 'pasties' you can stick on your breast. Then there are NO straps anywhere! and they are comfy too.:p

Mona--pasties don't do anything! I'm not worried about my nipples showing--I'm worried about something holding my girls UP and in place! For most women who are larger on top, very few of the stick-on products are useful. Some women say they work, but for me--none I've tried have been:rolleyes:

Mona--pasties don't do anything! I'm not worried about my nipples showing--I'm worried about something holding my girls UP and in place! For most women who are larger on top, very few of the stick-on products are useful. Some women say they work, but for me--none I've tried have been:rolleyes:

:p Hoyaheel,

I agree...you do have a very valid point.

However, with 'gals' like mine..(not well endowed!) pasties do work fine. I guess I should've explained that they work best for..smaller 'gals'. LOL!:o

I think sometimes I'm getting old, but I feel that just because you see something worn, even by a number of people,that in itself does not make it acceptable. Undergarments fall into this category.

I'm so glad to see the super low jeans and bare midriff tops go out of fashion. I was not at all happy to see womens thong panties sticking out and I doubt I could have ever gotten used to it.

My daughter wears probably 3 shirts at a time every day (a ton of laundry :rolleyes: ) and one of them is usually a tank top, covering her bra straps. If she does have a top that will show the bra straps, I have purchased her several very cute bras in assorted colors and patterns. This way, her bra straps look more like a spaghetti strap under her multitude of layers. Now, I'm not exactly thrilled with it (the straps showing), but it's my way of at least knowing it's not so obviously a bra.

After all that, I didn't even make my real point. Never, ever let your bra straps show when wearing a formal gown. If you can't find a bra, or any method to hold the girls in place in a formal gown, you need to find a different formal gown.

Awhile ago Jane 110 posted on something called "the Strapper" ' date=' www.thestrapper.com. These solve the problem of bra strap slippage and amazingly work well. Odd things, but then they work! Profits go to L.I. Breast Cancer Action Coalition. They are about $5.00 each.

Might help some of us!

B.:)

I have three - in black, white and nude color. Been using them all summer and didn't have to go out and buy anymore racer-back bra's for my tank tops.

I love this little gizmo!

Archived